Dog Breeer? Lab?
New York
Contributors to this thread:
LaughingWater 16-Oct-22
LaughingWater 17-Oct-22
OTC_Bowhunter 18-Oct-22
Meathook 18-Oct-22
16-Oct-22
Hi all - can anyone recommend a reputable breeder of hunting labs somewhere in the tri-state region? I am looking for a lab that will be used for flushing upland birds and sitting in a duck blind. I'd prefer a started dog. I know of several breeders further away, but was hoping to find one closer to home (long island) so that i could spend some time getting to know the breeder and his/her process etc.

All suggestions welcome!

17-Oct-22
whoops - should be breeder. thanks

18-Oct-22

OTC_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
OTC_Bowhunter's embedded Photo
LaughingWater, This breeder is a ways away from you, but I highly recommend her. https://blackcreekkennelny.com/

18-Oct-22

Meathook's embedded Photo
Maizey
Meathook's embedded Photo
Maizey
I think I got lucky. I bought a dog mainly as a family pet that would hunt sometimes. Didn't really look into her hunting pedigree at all. She has been great. She was a natural when we did bird and gun introduction. She is just about to turn 5 months and she has already had a dozen birds (quail and chukar we placed) shot over her. She has retrieved dead birds in water. She has a great temperament and is just a fun dog. Now will she be a quivering, driven always on the go super solid retriever? Don't know. Will she go out in the woods and fields and find birds let you shoot them and bring them back? Hec she does that already. :o)

The hardest part for me is remembering she is just a puppy. That and keeping her from eating all the things she shouldn't good golly labs are not that smart when it comes to eating stuff.

• Sitka Gear