scentman 04-Feb-23
Shawlerbrook 05-Feb-23
23-Jan-23

8point's embedded Photo
3rd day of gun
8point's embedded Photo
3rd day of gun
8point's embedded Photo
This is one that got away. Closest he came was 70 yds during bow. Haven't heard of anyone taking him.
8point's embedded Photo
This is one that got away. Closest he came was 70 yds during bow. Haven't heard of anyone taking him.
Did anyone kill anything this year, A lot of politics, not so many deer bear etc. Didn't draw m bow during archery, but I got a 10 point during rifle. Had a lot bigger on trail cam but no opportunities.

24-Jan-23

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo

SaddleReaper's Link
Congrats!! Hopefully he made it and you get a chance next season!

That might have been the first year in a while that we didn't have a NY meatpole! I had arrowed a buck and 2 does before dec 20th. The final week- Holiday hunt- had me scrambling to put together a final opportunity. Problem was, I was always thinking I would have an encounter with 1 of 3 remaining (smaller racked but mature) shooters I would have happily ended my season on, and then down to the last day or 2 couldn't seem to even get a doe to cooperate.

Doesn't help that we never had consistent cold or measurable snow.

Regardless, I was fortunate to accomplish what I did taking the buck I was most interested in killing even though he was far from the biggest. All the other big ones on my radar who I'd have focused on after him got killed before December .... 1 of which I learned of by word of mouth at Christmas, and also that same week I stumbled across pictures of 2 others on social media which were killed by people I don't know but apparently hunted in the same general area.

I wrote up the story of my buck on the main forum (check out the link). It started as just sharing a cool set of pictures, but little did I know I'd connect the next morning!

25-Jan-23
Real nice buck. What zone are you in? The 8 point in my pic is about top end in my area of 8S.

25-Jan-23
I primarily hunt 8h

03-Feb-23

GAFFER1's embedded Photo
GAFFER1's embedded Photo
Even though he is only a 6 point he's my biggest archery buck. Taken in 4H the day after I got home from a cruise. Never got a picture of him on any of my trail cameras.

03-Feb-23
You said "Even though he is only a 6 point he's my biggest archery buck." It is One Nice Buck, no shame here. I would shoot it any day of the hunting season.

03-Feb-23
I wish I could find a brute like that in NY! Congratulations!!

04-Feb-23
Nice buck!

05-Feb-23

Shawlerbrook 's embedded Photo
Shawlerbrook 's embedded Photo
Mrs Shawlerbrook on opening day rifle. Most of our bow season stunk because of summer like weather.

• Sitka Gear