KsRancher 13-Mar-24
Two dogs mobile 14-Mar-24
KsRancher 15-Mar-24
Ksgobbler 15-Mar-24
bentstick54 15-Mar-24
Two dogs mobile 17-Mar-24
sitO 01-Apr-24
25-Jan-23
Anyone seen a buzzard lately? I am 90% sure I saw a buzzard a few days ago. The earliest I have ever seen was the beginning of March 3 or 4 yrs ago

26-Jan-23
immature bald eagle? We have been watching a ton of eagles at the lakes.

26-Jan-23
Haven't seen a buzzard since they migrated away but like Aaron said I've seen a lot of eagles. The immature balds don't have the bright white head and tail.

26-Jan-23
Also, it's very seldom that you will see a buzzard get frosted.

26-Jan-23
Very well could have been an immature bald. But it just glided back and forth down a tree line is what made think buzzard. But I couldn't get close enough and didn't have binos to see.

26-Jan-23

be still's embedded Photo
Yep I seen this one fly by me on December 31st. Decided to follow him around. I seen some interesting things that day. He led me to this cow skull that he had picked clean which you see here that I kept. Later he was very proud of the fresh kill he had found.

Never know what you’re going to find when you trail behind an ole buzzard and I’m sure glad I decided too that day.

26-Jan-23
There shouldn't be any buzzards around at this time of the year. I suppose one could have gotten lost. I know a guy that keeps track of when they show up here in Chase County. I believe he said it is March 13th or 14th like clock work

06-Mar-23
I seen my first buzzard of the year yesterday.

07-Mar-23
I saw one Sunday in Cowley County.

07-Mar-23
Saw a couple in IA last week, and a bunch in MO yesterday

07-Mar-23
I went ahead and put potatoes in the ground. Spring is knocking....

07-Mar-23
I remember having to hoe and dig potatoes in B-Game years ago. One of the reasons I do not have a garden today.

08-Mar-23
Not too many around have big gardens anymore. I'm probably the youngest around town that still does it. And after four rows at 50 feet each I don't feel young.

08-Mar-23
I bought my seed potatoes yesterday. With prices the last several months, I decided to plant a few more than usual.

08-Mar-23
Where you guys getting your seed potatoes?

08-Mar-23
I got mine in North Topeka at a small farm and ranch store. Tarwaters.

08-Mar-23
I bought mine at Bluestem in Emporia. I know that probably does not help you. I would think Garden Centers or the like would have them. I know you can order them online from places like Gurney's, but they are probably high. I believe I paid $.69 a pound at Bluestem.

08-Mar-23
We don't have a big garden. But love to do it. We plant 15 taters, 50 onions, 4 tomatoes, 2 cucumber, 3 jalapeño, 2 squash and 2 zucchini

08-Mar-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Someone may have to start a "Garden thread" ;)

08-Mar-23
I put in 20 pounds of potato seed.

09-Mar-23
Wow. That will be a lot of taters. I hate running a shovel usually. But enjoy digging taters. I run the shovel and my wife sorts thru the dirt getting them.

09-Mar-23
20lbs of seed is a lot! Is that your garden from last year sitO? Very nice!

09-Mar-23
Im in far southern Montgomery County (my house is 1/2 mile from the OK state line), and have not noticed a buzzard yet. Wouldn’t be surprised if there are a few around by now, though.

The robins on the other hand, have showed up in full force.

09-Mar-23
Saw a Buzzard Feb 13th in Manhattan,KS while working circling overhead. Had to look twice thought it was a hawk at first.

09-Mar-23
15 pounds of Yukon golds. They arent heavy producers. Ill get almost as much from the 5 pounds of reds. Cant have fish and chips without taters... or back straps. My wife and I have the same system as KsRancher

10-Mar-23
Nothing better than a Yukon gold out of the garden. Aaron you were lucky to get them planted. My garden is way to wet to plant anything.

10-Mar-23
I figured I would get them in before this round of rain. We probably wont get another drop since I threw out $200 worth of grass seed too.

10-Mar-23
Just so I understand where this thread is going....if you take a cow skull and a dead deer and bury them in your garden you will have Yukon golds that attract buzzards ;?)

10-Mar-23
glad you can follow crested. LOL

15-Mar-23
Just saw my first buzzards in Montgomery County.

15-Mar-23
Not sure what it means but there's a buzzard circleing my house about noon today. Maybe I need a bath? Gonna plant my tators friday!

19-Mar-23
Bet there's frost on my tators and on the buzzards butts, phone says 15 degrees this morning!

23-Mar-23
Saw a dozen of the clean up crew working on a deer carcass along the highway in Emporia yesterday, they are back.

06-Apr-23
Don't know when they showed up but are sure circling where we burned.

30-Jul-23

Ella about got her one. She was being unusually quiet and still for a period of time so I got up and seen this. Got the side of the door in the way and crept to it and opened it real fast…she shot out but the buzzard took off just in time. The thing about landed on the deck railing but with Ella hot on her tail she decided that probably wasn’t the safest of landing spots.

13-Mar-24

Catscratch's embedded Photo
Catscratch's embedded Photo
Just because...

13-Mar-24
LOL. I haven't seen one yet this year

14-Mar-24
They will be here soon.

15-Mar-24
Seen 12 of them come in yesterday afternoon and start circling

15-Mar-24
Saw the first one this morning.

15-Mar-24
Saw a couple this morning in west Wichita.

17-Mar-24
I saw my first ones this morning.

01-Apr-24
Drove from Milwaukee -> Chicago -> Detroit today and saw over 30

• Sitka Gear