Brian M. 02-Apr-23
steve 02-Apr-23
Bwhnt 03-Apr-23
Brian M. 01-Oct-23
Tall 1 01-Oct-23
31-Jan-23

Brian M. 's embedded Photo
The other thread shows your meal skills, do any of you make or bake desserts or treats? I'm sometimes in the mood to make something, and today it's a treat I usually make around the holidays, that I didn't make this past season.

Simple no bake peanut butter coconut balls.

1 c. PB, 1 c. Honey, 1 c. Raisins. Mix with a spoon. (Tip: heat Honey just a bit and it mixes easier). Spoon into coconut flakes and roll. Set on waxed paper and put into fridge. 1/2 hr to chill. Makes 26-36, depending on how big you spoon them. If you like, and not allergic, I can almost guarantee you can't help but take one or two every time you open the fridge door.

31-Jan-23
Realitivily healthy too. Gonna try it thanks! Great thread idea

31-Jan-23
Is it really a dessert if it doesn’t have chocolate in it?

Lol, sounds good but I’d add semi-sweet chocolate chips. Maybe use the mini ones.

31-Jan-23
I'm sure chocolate chips or favorite nut would be fine. The honey and coconut really sweetens it.

31-Jan-23

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
I love to bake stuff too. I make a very similar treat at Christmas called Coconut Date Balls. This year I did those, Magic Squares, Lemon Cream Cheese Bars, Church Window Fudge and Toll House cup cakes. These were gifts for our neighbors.

31-Jan-23
Hats off to you both. I love to cook but baking is a relatively new frontier. Thanks for the inspiration

01-Feb-23

Jebediah's embedded Photo
Jebediah Johansson here, scourge of the Massachusetts Bowsite page. Brian M. I was inspired by your recipe and followed it exactly last night. They’re delicious, many thanks. This morning I can tell you, if you eat a couple of these for breakfast, you’re fueled up for the day.

01-Feb-23
Glad you like.

01-Feb-23

Here is my favorite, sugar cookies recipe from the internet: melt 2 sticks butter in microwave. Stir in 2/3 cup sugar, few squirts of vanilla, 2 cups flour, mix thoroughly. Make golf-ball sized portions, roll in sugar, put on greased cookie sheet. Squash down to about 3/8 inch thick. Bake at 325 for 16 minutes (tiniest appearance of brown color around edges). Let cool completely, then add icing if you want. Icing is just powdered sugar plus water added in small portions until desired consistency. Plus food coloring if you like.

02-Feb-23
Looks good guys. Brian will have to try them, replacing raisins with mini chocolate chips. Coconut isn't my favorite either, maybe I'll try rolling in some kind of crumbs.

02-Feb-23
Crushed walnuts or almonds instead of coconut might be good (I don't do walnuts). Or granola.

02-Feb-23
Thanks Guy's So much for trying to stay on my New Year's weight resolution.

Im gonna try a few of these this Cold weekend!

02-Feb-23
Good stuff Jebediah

02-Feb-23
Glad to see you guys bring out your feminine Bowsite side ;)

02-Feb-23
Home run Brian everyone in my house loves them.

03-Feb-23
I'm gonna try those PB treats, they look amazing Brian!

Jeb, the "sunny side up" cookies look super, that may come in to the house too!

03-Feb-23
I followed the recipie but threw in a handful of chocolate chips. Super good

03-Feb-23
I bet graham cracker crumbs would be good if you didn’t like coconut.

03-Feb-23
Glad you like them bwhunt. My daughter came over today and I offered her one. She said "you put raisins in didn't you? " she made them last week with chocolate chips, lol. She doesn't like raisins.

Those egg looking cookies look sweeeet, in a sugary way.

05-Feb-23

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
I made a batch of lemon bars this afternoon. So good…. 1 box Vanilla Cake Mix 1 egg 1/3 C Sugar Mix these until crumbly and reserve 1 cup of the crumbs. Pack the crumbs into a 13” x 9” pan and push down with a fork. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes. Meanwhile take a pack of softened cream cheese, 1 egg and a few tablespoons of lemon juice and some shaved lemon zest if you use fresh. Blend until smooth. Pour over baked crumbs, spread and then top with reserved crumbs and press it down. Bake 15 more minutes. Cool completely before cutting. Enjoy!

06-Feb-23
I'm surprised none of you talented bakers don't do molasses cookies.

01-Apr-23

Today, I was in the mood to cook (chili), and bake (apple tarts). Recipe calls for whole apple wrapped in a biscuit crust. It's not easy to wrap a whole apple, so I slice like an apple pie filling with sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg. A large muffin pan works well. Topped with hard sauce (butter, powdered sugar and vanilla).

01-Apr-23
I can go for one of those right about now.....we keep up these food threads and we'll be having Martha Stewart pm' us. I think I could hang with her and snoop lol

02-Apr-23
Bill's Best Biscotti

One cup of sugar, one melted stick of butter, one tablespoon of vanilla, three tablespoons of rum and two eggs whipped until the consistancy of wipped cream. By hand mix in two cups of sliced almonds. Insure all the nuts are covered in the batter. In another bowl mix one and a half teaspoons of baking powder with two and a half cups of all purpose flower, then mix the wet and dry ingredients together. The batter then should be slightly dry and ball together easily. Because of variables, such as egg size and flour packing the consistency of the dough is something you have to learn for yourself. If it is too dry, add more rum and if it is too wet, add more flour. Divide the dough into two pieces and with floured hands form one piece into a smooth ball before then rolling it on a floured surface into a bar shape resembling a rolling pin. The bar is then lifted and transferred to a parchment paper covered baking sheet 13"x17", or, you can shortening to grease the pan. With both pieces of the batter now log shaped and on the baking pan, flatten them to a thickness of three quarter inches and round the ends nicely. Bake at 350* for 22 minutes, but be sure the edge near the pan is turning dark but not burnt. When done remove to cool the loaves. When cool, each loaf is transfered to a cutting board and sliced diagonally with a serrated bread knife into almost half inch thickness pieces. Each piece is then transfered to another baking sheet cut side down. The pieces are then toasted for another ten to twelve minutes. Know this, the side touching the pan darkens and can burn if not carefully watched. The degree of doneness you can determined by watching the edges. I like mine well done, but in reaching this level I've sadly burned a few over the years.

I have adoring fans who look for a batch every Christmas.

02-Apr-23
Good stuff Guys!

02-Apr-23

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Dinner last night , crabmeat stuffed lobster tails . And crab legs!!!!

02-Apr-23
Wrong thread Steve, this is the dessert thread.

02-Apr-23
Didn’t have desert.

03-Apr-23

Bwhnt's Link
We had these last night. Highly recommend!

01-Oct-23

Got the urge a couple weeks ago to make a Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake. So, last night around 7pm I made one. Made some Creamy Chocolate frosting to put on top. We and the g'kids had a snack before bed, ice cream too.

01-Oct-23
Awesome!!

• Sitka Gear