Ziek 04-Feb-23
Jaquomo 04-Feb-23
Bent arrow 06-Feb-23
jlmatthew 06-Feb-23
02-Feb-23

DAVranch's Link
Idaho Plans for Reduction.

02-Feb-23
Unfortunately this will never happen in CO unless the legislature changes 114 to allow it. The initiative was purposely written to prevent just this sort of decision.

02-Feb-23
The wolf hunting seasons in Wyo, Montana and Idaho prompted the Pro Wolfers to word the ballot with great care, ie, "The Gray Wolf, as a non game animal" ie, not to be trophy, recreationally, or hunter season managed. And even while all big game species in Colorado have a management plan, ie, population objectives, as a non game animal, the definition of the wolf does not allow a "management plan" and population objective or control except on a case by case basis.

03-Feb-23
In the latest Colorado Outdoors magazine, there is an article on the wolf introduction. One sentence caught my attention; "The primary goal of the draft plan is to identify the steps needed to recover and maintain a viable, self-sustaining wolf population in Colorado, while concurrently working to minimize wolf-related conflicts with domestic animals, OTHER WILDLIFE, and people." (Caps added). What does THAT mean and how the hell is that even possible? Maybe they're only going to bring in vegetarian wolves.

03-Feb-23
For decades we have spent a ton of energy and money studying, managing, regulating, arguing about who gets to bowhunt elk, where they get to hunt, how many they can take, what type of bull they can take, what type of equipment they can use, how much they should pay to try and kill one, how the process of obtaining a tag works, etc.

Once wolves reach around 250, they are as big a mortality factor for elk as bowhunting is but with no season, no area limits, no bag limit, no antler restriction, no license revenue, no money generated for local hotels or stores.

May have all been a waste of time, energy and hassle.

03-Feb-23
Having said all that, that only leaves one method to control their numbers doesn't it.

03-Feb-23
Ziek, that info came from the Wolf Draft Plan " Summary". at the beginning of the written plan. You are totally correct, "Minimize wolf related conflicts on , other wildlife. How is that going to happen? I will bring up that at the last Public draft wolf plan meeting on Feb 22. in Denver. You need to come to that meeting.

03-Feb-23
Hmm, I'm off work the 22nd, time and address please?

04-Feb-23
I know they have a plan to compensate ranchers for wolf-killed livestock. How do they plan to compensate ordinary citizens for lost hunting opportunity?

04-Feb-23
Ziek, maybe offer free classes on how to convert to veganism, along with sensitivity, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for hunters.

06-Feb-23
The only good wolf is one in the skinnin shed.

06-Feb-23
"Ziek, maybe offer free classes on how to convert to veganism, along with sensitivity, diversity, equity, and inclusion training for hunters."

After receiving my latest Outdoor Colorado magazine, you are probably right with that statement

• Sitka Gear