TonyBear 03-Feb-23
Dale06 04-Feb-23
Keith 18-Feb-23
Ybuck 24-Feb-23
jjs 25-Feb-23
jjs 25-Feb-23
Dale06 26-Feb-23
03-Feb-23
Good timing on the -18 temps while the Zero carbon by 2040 is being debated in our state legislature. As for me, I won't be throwing away my carbon arrows by then.

But seriously I moved out of the Twin Cites almost 30 years ago. At that time the house I bought had almost 20 years of firewood cut and stacked. Since then we have had several tornadoes and other serious storms plus rapid oak wilt take down trees that are 75-150 years old. Therefore; I have another 20 years worth of firewood and haven't even started on some of it. You need a 36-inch gas-powered chainsaw, gas-powered stump grinder, gas-powered skid-steer and gas-powered aerial lifts, and pick-up trucks to haul it away. So either you burn it yourself or some one else burns it at the recycling facility. Red oak burns slowly and very hot.

If the 25 years I have been up here I have also seen many farmer's fields and some forests cleared so huge solar power grids can be installed. Some of which are within sight of the St. Croix River which is supposed to be part of the Wild Scenic River system. This year a good part of those grids are covered by snow reducing their output.

When the furnace needs to get fixed or the power is out we depend upon wood fireplaces and natural gas or propane. My family and I will not let ourselves freeze because of some false green energy rule put in place by the current DFL trifecta. Good luck trying to enforce this garbage.

Now that hunting seasons are closed, anyone else paying attention to this crazy legislative session?

04-Feb-23
Paying attention, no. Am I aware of of the idiocy, yes. Keep on burning! I don’t heat with wood any more, but did for 5-6 years.

18-Feb-23
Better buy backups now for your gas powered lawn and wood cutting equipment. Proposal for making it illegal to sell these items. https://www.revisor.mn.gov/bills/text.php?number=HF1715&type=bill&version=0&session=ls93&session_year=2023&session_number=0

This states donks are going insane.

24-Feb-23
another plan....against we the people

25-Feb-23
Not worried about it, I'll be carbon neutral by then; ashes to dust.

25-Feb-23
Not worried about it, I'll be carbon neutral by then; ashes to dust.

26-Feb-23
jjs, so will I, but I have kids and grandkids that I hope can live a decent life.

• Sitka Gear