horsethief51 22-Feb-23
Phil Magistro 22-Feb-23
Rut Nut 23-Feb-23
Teeton 23-Feb-23
horsethief51 23-Feb-23
Rut Nut 24-Feb-23
05-Feb-23

horsethief51 's Link
I will be running the UBP booth at the Monroeville Show on Feb. 17-18-19. Please see their link for more details on the website. Opens at 10 every morning. We would love to see you.

Now for the etc (which is in the title of this thread). For current members and non-member alike, I would like to see what the interest would be to organize some meetings in this part (west) of the state to discuss things. We/I can come to your club, within reason of distance, and or just have one or two meetings at select places. We can talk about some of the things we have been hashing out here on bowsite. I have a couple locations in mind for these meetings.

If you come to the show please stop by the booth and let me know. I will be taking names if you are interested. Feel free to e-mail me at [email protected], or if you can't do that, call the house and leave message if I don't answer. 814-473-8405.

05-Feb-23

horsethief51 's Link
Try this link to the show.

05-Feb-23
Booth 1117.

06-Feb-23
I will probably drop into the show at some point that weekend. If so I will stop by and say hi.

06-Feb-23
You might see a Chise bow or two in our booth. LOL.

06-Feb-23
Is that Monroeville show about like the one they had there a decade ago. That show was pretty good but started going down when they let more non hunting fishing vendors in. Back when the connected hotel was the Raddison. It was a good show to follow up the Harrisburg show

07-Feb-23
They built a new building in front of the hotel a long time ago and the same people ran it until covid. This is the first year back with a new outfit from Greensburg in charge. I looked at the map and vendors list and have to admit there are a few non-hunting/fishing vendors. There are outfitters, relevant outdoor vendors, NRA, PGC, boats, campers, speakers, Russ Grimm, Brett Kiesel, food. A few distilleries. LOL.

07-Feb-23
"A few distilleries. LOL."

I will get a shot of Bourbon first before I stop and talk to Art, lol. Maybe I should bring him one as well..........

07-Feb-23
Thanks Art. It’s been ages since we did that show but it was a good one for us back in the day.

09-Feb-23
No alcohol allowed in UBP booths Gene. We can go over there afterwards. LOL.

12-Feb-23
That has to be the only booth their that has an alcohol prohibition. Congrats

12-Feb-23
I found out that Frank Addington will be putting on a shooting display at the show busting aspirins with behind the back shots. It’s worth seeing if you have the time.

14-Feb-23
Art I’ll do my best to stop over. I just haven’t a time frame.

14-Feb-23
They must have good hotdogs there! ;-)

15-Feb-23
Thanks Dale. I may be alone most of the day Friday. Be good to see you anytime its convenient for you. See PM.

17-Feb-23

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Booth 1117
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Booth 1117
Monroeville Show. Feb. 17-18-19.

17-Feb-23
It was great talking with you today, Art. Enjoy the rest of the show.

17-Feb-23
Nice meeting you too Gene!

18-Feb-23
Not very busy for parts of the day yesterday. We could see stage 3 and did get to watch Frank from our booth He made a couple stops at our booth and talked. Asked if had a finger tab he could borrow and Chise brought one in from home. Watched Barry Wensel and spoke to him afterwards one on one. Fun guy.

18-Feb-23
Frank will be on 2 or 3 times Sat. and Barry will speak mid afternoon. He is always interesting and has some new stuff to say. Not very much archery stuff or bowhunting stuff to speak of. Gene must have visited the booze booths after he stopped to see me.

18-Feb-23
Ravin had a booth. The show wouldn't let them shoot there xbows inside. LOL.

18-Feb-23
I have some free tickets, so, (while they last) if you want to come to the show today text me and I will come meet you outside. 814-229-3169.

18-Feb-23
"Gene must have visited the booze booths after he stopped to see me."

I did, lol. Unimpressed..............

18-Feb-23
It's the place to go if you're looking for new gutters!

18-Feb-23

Ravin had a booth. The show wouldn't let them shoot there xbows inside. LOL.

Guess they didn’t want guys shooting rifles indoors! ;-)

18-Feb-23
You met Gene? Is he 7' tall with a ZZ top beard?

18-Feb-23
No Junior. He's hard to describe. LOL. You could get Chocolate covered bacon at the candy stand. Legal advice. Electric fat tire bikes.

19-Feb-23
It was great meeting Barry Wensel. The guy can talk your head off. Happy to see him still making he rounds.

19-Feb-23
Bob Kirshner is at the PA Outdoor Writers booth today.

19-Feb-23
Is he still making his scents?

19-Feb-23
Still sells them. He had new cornea implants a while back but he can see better now. He just made a bow.

19-Feb-23
Horsethief51

How was the attendance at the show?

19-Feb-23
Ok for a while Friday until 5. Good Saturday until about 6. Slow early good for a couple hours and dead since 3. We did OK yesterday. We spoke with management and they agree that it will close earlier net year. They want us to set up a place to shoot next year so we will work on that.

19-Feb-23
Thank you. I hope they give you a place to shoot next year.

19-Feb-23
Looks like we will get something. It would enable bow vendors to let customers try out their bows, plus other things.

22-Feb-23
We had a pretty descent show over the week end. Signed up around 25 members and sold some patches and decals. One of the stages was within view and earshot of our booth so we got to see Barry Wensel speak and Frank Addington's shooting show and talk among other things. Got to talk one on one with Barry about the state of things around the country and Frank and his son hung out at our booth a little bit. (He had to borrow a finger tab.) Bob Kirschner also sat down and talked to me and Chise for a while Sunday afternoon. All in all we met some pretty nice people and signed up some guys under 30 years old. Thanks to my hunting buddies Ed and Chise for helping and, to the office manager, Patrick Schild, who brought his new technology to our booth. He is an IT guy out in the real world and he showed us how the new system works on laptops. We are now able to process memberships without even filling out the forms. It takes inventory, enters member's info straight into our database, gives us a report at the end of it all. It used to take me several days to do all that when I got home from shows. A real time saver. Hopefully we can help make the show better for next year.

22-Feb-23
Thanks Art and everyone else that worked the shows this season.

23-Feb-23
Sounds great Art! Thanks to you and Pat for bringing us into the technology age! How many of those dang crossbow shooters did you sign up?! ;-)

23-Feb-23
Yes, Kudos to all that worked the shows.

Perry, everyone was a xbow hunter. Because we all know that hand drawen hunters don't join xbow organizations. Remember Perry you started it. :)

23-Feb-23
It was not required that we asked them. Like where they go to church, who they voted for, who they live with, what kind of car they drive, what country they originated from, etc. LOL. Some of the guys told us they used compound bows, a couple older (than me) guys said they use crossbows, and, some said they owned a combination of 2 or 3 types of equipment.

24-Feb-23
LOL Ed! : )

I was just joking Art, but great answer! ;-)

• Sitka Gear