LTG 11's embedded Photo

LTG 11's Link
You cannot make this sh*t up.....

16-Feb-23
If you can't beat em, train em.

16-Feb-23
and the WEAK shall inherit the earth

16-Feb-23
This past season, I told a guy who was filling up a barrel full of corn that he should be setting out 5 gallon buckets of water if he wanted to draw in the deer. With the drought we had and the cost of corn he would have been better off and would have some change left in his pocket.

He kind of chuckled but didn't really know how to take it.

17-Feb-23
I put in a solar well and tank with an overflow tank. It is the best thing I have ever done.

17-Feb-23
I have a solar well also. It’s set to pump into a small ground level tank at about 10 gallons per day.

17-Feb-23
Sold out LMFAO

24-Feb-23
Whether for or against, this is a great listen.... https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR0cHM6Ly9zcGVha3RoZWxhbmd1YWdlLnBvZGJlYW4uY29tL2ZlZWQueG1s/episode/c3BlYWt0aGVsYW5ndWFnZS5wb2RiZWFuLmNvbS9kYmNlNDM4NS1kMDUzLTNmYTUtOGNhNi0zNTBkZWZiMWY3MzY?sa=X&ved=0CAgQuIEEahcKEwjwxZW6tq79AhUAAAAAHQAAAAAQLA

24-Feb-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Can you put the link in your post Dylan, it's not allowing me to copy it on phone.

24-Feb-23

KB's Link

24-Feb-23
Thanks Kaleb

25-Feb-23
I listened to it. Very, very concerning. I forwarded the Primos podcast link to KDWP Brad Loveless and every single KDWP Commissioner. Let’s hope they all do the right thing ASAP and not wait 3-5 yrs.

25-Feb-23
Listened to it, very interesting.

26-Feb-23
Finally had a chance to listen, and didn't make it through the entire discussion, but pretty much mimics what I've said. It's really nothing we couldn't have discerned, and I believe these losers that bait know and have known this is happening...they see it daily on their cameras.

So what's it going to take for the lesser humans to quit poisoning the wildlife we pursue? Changes are coming, but it's probably too late.

26-Feb-23
Brad Loveless shot me an e-mail back saying that he forwarded the podcast on to the KDWP turkey biologist to get his take on it.

26-Feb-23
Good deal, thanks JW

26-Feb-23
Funny how turkey numbers around me plummeted about the same time frame all the deer feeders showed up. Wonder what turkey numbers are in those states that don't allow feeders compared to the states that do. I know they say turkey numbers are down across the nation. If those few states that don't allow it still have a better numbers or not.

26-Feb-23
How many coons will get trapped in it when it closes?

26-Feb-23
South Dakota does not allow baiting of turkeys. I hunted south central South Dakota every year from the late 90s till about 2014. And I’ve hunted it 2-3 times since 2014. In the early years it was common to see 100 plus birds a day. They were very abundant. That population steadily declined and I’d guess is about 20% of what it was in the mid/late 90s. Last week, a guy I hunted with last April, near Platte South Dakota told me not to bother coming this spring, because the population is very low. I have no idea what caused the decline.

26-Feb-23
Listened to the whole thing earlier. Didn’t know for sure on the first layer where they were talking about the coons getting the eggs made sense in the whole scheme of things. I understand if the nest was close to a feeder that it might get robbed but the ones further out might get robbed too if it wasn’t for the feeder feeding the coons. Seems to me it might would save the ones further out and if the coons are getting fat then they might not be as hungry to go robbing nests.

Now all of the other layers of the onion made some sense to me though on how it could be hurting the turkeys and all of the other wildlife for that matter. I definitely could see where corn getting moldy could hurt a lot of animals. I’ve witnessed hawks coming over corn looking for quail. One time a coyote come down the bottom of a creek bed until he got even with the corn then crept slowly up the bank and peeked over to see if anything was there.

Definitely could see where it could pass diseases easier. Makes sense too if the corn brought there immune system down that it could cause problems down the road. Towards the end where they were talking about how animals start getting too dependent on you feeding them where they could get malnutrition. I could agree with that as well.

I’m starting to see and feel way too negatives on the corn. They will ban it pretty soon hopefully.

27-Feb-23
Turkeys have always lived with coons. The only turkeys I saw last year were on my place...and I don't shoot coons.

27-Feb-23

Bwhnt's Link
This is an article on the avian flu getting into wild populations. Might be part of it?

27-Feb-23
KDWP Commissioner Lauren Sills response:

Thanks for the email. I haven't watched the video yet, but don't need any convincing about the negative impacts of feeding/baiting across the ecosystem. Predators, disease, toxins, altered behaviors, and more...... This is just my projection and not based on anything except my perceptions, but any statewide ban on baiting is a long-term project. If restrictions are going to take hold, we will probably have to implement them in CWD-based zones. Then we still have the issues of recreational feeding of wildlife by non-hunters that also has a significant contribution to the problem.

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing. Have a great week and maybe we will connect at KBA.

27-Feb-23
Lauren gets it, let's hope she can sway others.

• Sitka Gear