Nock 13-Mar-23
Rock 14-Mar-23
Pb arrow 16-Mar-23
Muskwa 16-Mar-23
JohnMC 16-Mar-23
Muskwa 20-Mar-23
Buglemaster 22-Mar-23
23-Feb-23
Most anyone that has been involved in archery in the state of Colorado knows Dennis Hansen. For the last couple of weeks he has been in a battle with vestibular neuritis which is a condition that affects the vestibular nerve that connects the inner ear to the brain. This condition is treatable with medication however, the doc says this is one of the most severe cases he has ever seen. The medication they are treating him with can take several days to make any sort of a difference. He is currently most comfortable when he is sleeping so the family would like all to delay any visits until he starts to improve. Please keep Dennis and his family in your prayers.

23-Feb-23
Prayers sent, Dennis is a great guy.

23-Feb-23
Yes, such a bad deal for a wonderful man. Ironically, the Game Feast this Saturday is on his birthday. Hopefully the collective energy, thoughts and prayers will help.

23-Feb-23
He is on our list, stopped in a while back, he didn't look at peace or comfortable. Glad that have a diagnosis pinned down.

23-Feb-23
Vestibular neuritis is a condition that affects the vestibular nerve, which connects the inner ear to the brain, causing prolonged vertigo usually in the absence of significant hearing loss.

23-Feb-23
I did now know what this is so I looked up the following:

What is the cure for vestibular neuritis? There is no standard treatment for vestibular neuritis. In most cases, the brain rapidly compensates and adjusts to the new vestibular deficit, or the inflammatory process resolves. Multiple oral medicines that can help with dizziness and nausea are available (see Medication).

23-Feb-23
How long does vestibular neuritis last? Vestibular neuritis is a self-limiting disease with vestibular symptoms lasting for one to two days, followed by a gradual reduction in symptoms. Rarely does the illness lasts more than several days to a few weeks. Early improvement in symptoms is believed mainly due to central compensation.

23-Feb-23
Prayers sent for Dennis for a full recovery

23-Feb-23
Prayers sent for Dennis getting well soon and a full recovery.

24-Feb-23
Been giving the prayer thing everything I'm worth on this one. Dennis is one of my all time favorite people. We were sitting in a goose pit together just over a month ago. Grateful we were able to spend quality morning just catching up on life... Can't imagine what he's going through, praying those doc's get things figured out and get him on his feet again.

24-Feb-23
Praying for you Dennis. I have had similar problems twice before. It eventually went away. Hope yours will as well.

24-Feb-23
Prayer sent from Aurora, CO for Dennis.

24-Feb-23
Dennis was at my house for an interview with the latest CBA magazine, and a few days later ended up at MCR. It sent waves thru me. That night he was full of laughs, stories and before we knew it hours had passed. He is a true legend and one of those guys behind the scenes that doesn't get the credit he deserves for his role in youth archery and bowhunting in general.

I also wrote about him in my own column, completely unrelated and coincidental. The two pieces are just a small snap shot of him and his impact.

He is also as tough as they come. Midwestern kid from Iowa. Marine. Wrestler. Family man. Leader.

Room 1341 at Medical Center of the Rockies if you want to send more than prayers.

24-Feb-23

Jaquomo's Link
Here's the link to his GoFundMe page. This is one man who deserves more than we can ever give

24-Feb-23

Glunt@work's Link
He's one of a kind and the amount of time and energy he has given to support bowhunting is ridiculous. Can't be repaid but maybe we can help make a tough time easier.

25-Feb-23
Greetings bowhunters, This is Dennis's youngest son, Matt. First off I want to say THANK YOU for all of your prayers, support, kind words and financial contributions. Our family can't thank you enough in this time of need.

Update on Dennis.... He's currently in room 5305. He's been at Medical Center of the Rockies for the last 4 weeks. Over those 4 weeks doctors have done all kinds of tests, CAT scans, MRI's, you name it, they've done it.

The doctors believe that he has vestibular neuritis but they haven't confirmed this. Yes, vestibular neuritis is not fatal but the result from being sick can be. Dad has been experiencing horrendous dizziness and uncontrollable vomiting. He hasn't eaten anything for the past month. Doctors put in a feeding tube but it was so uncomfortable for him he pulled it out! (That's the Marine in him) They've since put in a tube that runs up through his arm directly into his blood stream giving him limited nutrients.

He's slowly been getting worse, not better. I'd say for the last week he's been incapacitated. He doesn't speak, he doesn't open his eyes and he hasn't responded to touch. Realistically, he's not doing well. And of course my mother is having a difficult time with all of this too. We appreciate your continued support! Thanks!

26-Feb-23
Thanks for the report, Matt. It sounds really rough. I do believe in the power of prayer and will be praying for his recovery.

26-Feb-23
Prayers for a good recovery. Paul and Tricia

27-Feb-23
Prayers for Dennis and the Hansen family.

27-Feb-23
Update on Dennis. Yesterday he was moved to Anschutz hospital in Denver. The doc he is seeing is one of the top in dealing with this condition.

13-Mar-23
All- I am not sure I am the one to deliver this message, but the tribute I gave at the banquet with tears in my eyes and a broken voice has people asking a lot of questions.

Dennis Hansen passed away yesterday afternoon at 4:11 pm.

He was a private man and his family is no different. Please give them grace, distance and prayers during this time.

My speech at the banquet, the article I wrote and the interview we did with Dennis in the latest CBA magazine says a lot about what he has done for us all and who he was as a man.... but it is far from the whole story.

I wasn't going to write anything on a public forum because its no body's f****** business. But my phone has been blowing up for information and I want to make sure it is directed at people like myself instead of his wife, kids and grandkids. They are shattered.

We lost a legend, a friend, and a mentor. But his family lost a husband, a father and a grandpa. Please let them grieve.

This thing we all share is bigger than us. Scores and horns and awards don't matter. The people we share those things with... absolutely do. Call someone you love today and tell them you love them.

R.I.P Dennis Hansen. Please leave some rabbits for the rest of us in heaven.

With a heavy heart, Joe Bradley

13-Mar-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Joe well said great tribute you did Saturday night. Here the article Joe and Matt did with Dennis

13-Mar-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo

13-Mar-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
Sorry bowsite not letting me rotate. It worth turning your head sideways to read though

13-Mar-23
Very sad news, He gave so much! R.I.P Dennis.

13-Mar-23
Everyone who knew Dennis is heartbroken today. Grief is a long process, you never get over it.

If there is a celebration of life, it will require an auditorium. If they invite stories, I've sure got one like yours Joe.

13-Mar-23
He's not gone! He's just scouting out heaven for our next big adventure together. May GOD rest his soul and comfort his family.

13-Mar-23
He's not gone! He's just scouting out heaven for our next big adventure together. May GOD rest his soul and comfort his family.

13-Mar-23
I can't find the words today. Rest in peace my friend.

13-Mar-23
Really sad to hear of Dennis' passing, truly one of the great legends of Colorado bowhunting. RIP Dennis.

13-Mar-23
Thank you for that, Joe. That tough Marine cried when he learned my wife had passed. My tears yesterday and today are for the loss his family and all of us are experiencing. I'm glad his suffering is over. The memories will live on. R.I.P., my friend.

13-Mar-23
There are no words, see you at the campfire on the other side my friend, RIP Dennis.

13-Mar-23
So sorry to hear this .My prays are with his family and friends! He was a great person as well as a CO Legend!

13-Mar-23
Very sad to hear. He was a great mentor to my sons.

14-Mar-23
Prayers sent to the Hansen family, RIP Dennis I will greatly miss our rabbit hunting talks.

16-Mar-23
So sorry to hear of his passing. What a fine icon for the archery sports and an example of a life well lived.

16-Mar-23
UPDATE:

April 1st there will be a "celebration of life" for Dennis at his range, The Dennis Hansen Archery Range, in Loveland (next to Lon Hagler reservoir). 11:00am - 1:00pm.

Bring your bows and your appetite. Lunch will be served and we will fling a few arrows at the range Dennis built with his own bare hands and maintained weekly.

Food, friends and archery... the way Dennis would have wanted it

16-Mar-23

JohnMC's Link
Email the Big Thompson Bowhunters sent out asked that people RSVP. Attached is link from them to RSVP.

20-Mar-23

Muskwa's embedded Photo
Muskwa's embedded Photo
Went and saw Dennis yesterday... said a few words and walked his range... beautiful morning.

All- make sure you RSVP to the link John posted so the family can make plans for food and parking.

22-Mar-23
>>>—WW—-> has it right. He’s still here with us in spirit. But scouting out Heaven. Rest easy soldier. Sincere condolences to his family & all those close to him. I can’t make it this weekend but I will be sending a spare arrow to the heavens.

• Sitka Gear