Al Dente Laptop 10-Apr-23
spike78 11-Apr-23
UPSTATE 12-Apr-23
Mint 08-May-23
Denali 26-May-23
Shawlerbrook 26-May-23
UPSTATE 22-Jun-23
31-Mar-23
After watching this complete shit show with Alvin Bragg, and the political nonsense coming out of NYC, Albany, etc. Not to mention looming introduction of wolves, and the mismanagement of deer and other game by DEC, I imagine you guys must be going nuts? I am and I'm not even a resident of NY (I just own property there) and I am disgusted by the state.

31-Mar-23
You have GENERATIONS on welfare. High crime, cashless bail, felonies reduced to misdemeanors, physician monitored injection sites, influx of MS-13, Crips, Bloods, and other criminal elements, all without fear of prosecution. Taxes are some of the highest in the entire country. A dysfunctional Government on the State and local levels. A broken educational system that pushes DEI, CRT, and Common Core. A constitutional conservative Catholic, who attends Mass, and concerned parent, I am a domestic terrorist in their ideology. It is unfortunate that the only state that I have lived in, will be in my rearview mirror when I retire.

01-Apr-23
Pat, what is going on in Albany and NYC is the reason in an earlier post I said our (mis)management of the deer herd isn’t even on the top 100 problems caused by NYS government. Actually, at least here in my little corner of 7M, the age structure of the deer herd is actually getting better. It’s happening, because in a perverted way, the garbage coming out of Albany is reducing the amount of hunters here. The most depressing part is that if we couldn’t defeat Hochul last year after the crap she and Cuomo have done, I don’t see there ever being a change in party in my lifetime ( I am 66). If I wasn’t old, taking care of my 90 year old dad and so heavily invested in 125 acres of paradise here in NE Chenango County, I would be heading to Wyoming, SD or another free state.

01-Apr-23

01-Apr-23
I refer back to voter apathy. The average person believes that their vote does not count, that "they're going to win anyway, so why bother." There in lies the problem. Become a part of the solution and let your vote be counted, if not, you cannot arm chair quarterback. This past election saw the most turnout in recent years that I recall. But still, with 6 million firearms owners in the state, less than half responded and voted for Lee Zeldin. Had this happened, there would have been progress made, not a clear win by any means, but at least a step in the right direction. Even if you don't include the firearms owners, just if you pay taxes in this state should've motivated you enough to get out there. Your tax dollars are being wasted on a broken and corrupt administration that condemns you but gives the spoils to the skells. We will soon be California East.

02-Apr-23
Al, I’m afraid NY is already California East.

02-Apr-23
Al is correct. And the 2020 election only made things worse. I do also blame the Second Amendment advocacy groups, specifically the NRA for basically sitting out the NYS Governor’s race. If you remember, in 2016 the NRA was very public and vocal for it’s support of Trump and it was a big reason he beat HRC. After what Cuomo/Hochul did trampling on our gun rights ( among many other horrible things) the NRA should have made a national example of them. Another factor is the fact that many who would have voted against Hochul have just left NYS.

02-Apr-23
It's funny that you mentioned the NRA, I reached out to them, SCOPE, and NYSRPA several times. I never once received a response. But, I did keep getting emails from all of them about donating to the cause, and how "we have to stop the gun grabbers." I am tired of thinking about what could've been!

02-Apr-23
Al, I think the NRA was intimidated by the NY Ag and tried to keep a low profile( definitely not the right way to deal with government tyrants). It seems that the groups you mentioned are spending a lot of time fighting in court, but have steered away from political fights. Unless you defeat the politicians, like Hochul has shown you will be constantly fighting them in court.

03-Apr-23
Good point about the NRA. I often wonder how they pick their battles and if they have decided states Like CA, NY, MA are lost causes. I hope not, but I can imagine that despite their huge membership these states can still bleed them dry from multiple, simultaneous litigations. Of course, they certainly didn't stay in their lane when it came to crossbows, did they?

03-Apr-23
You're either a part of the problem or a part of the solution. The DEMONcrat party will stop at nothing until they get what they want or are defeated. I will say this about them though, when ANY one of their affiliation is in trouble, they rally around and circle the wagons. The RINOs are too scared to make a peep. They actually believe that they can work together with them. There is no rule of law, the Constitution be damned, this is a party of limousine Liberals, Global elitists, eco terrorists, tech giants, and anarchists. The gloves must come off at some point. When will they admit that enough is enough and fight back?

04-Apr-23
Al, the great Rush Limbaugh used to say a couple things about the left(Democrat’s) that is more true than ever. First, what they accuse you of doing, is exactly what they are doing. And, Conservatives think Liberals are wrong, Liberals think Conservatives are evil. As far as the gun debate, the NRA should have made an example of Hochul as she is the most anti Second Amendment State executive in the USA. They should have treated her the way the Democrats treat Trump.

05-Apr-23
"How do you guys tolerate NY Politics?" I keep my head in the sand and don't pay attention to any of it. I don't watch the news, listen to the radio, or get involved in "conversations". I guess my taxes are high but I don't believe my right to bear arms is in any way threatened. I know people from other countries and we have it made here, by a long shot.

05-Apr-23
All we can do is vote and hope for the best. Take your revenge on every coyote you see, and piss of every lib you can whenever you can.

05-Apr-23
Upstate, have you tried to buy a Ruger 10/22 or any other semi auto rifle lately. If having to have a license to buy a Ruger 10/22 isn’t infringement, I hate to see what the definition is. Burying your head in the sand doesn’t sound like “ having it made, by a shot” to me. Sorry , but we have very different opinions on freedom.

06-Apr-23
yeah we do. I have no use for assault rifles, which I assume the ruger is. I do own 3 semi auto 's. 2 shotguns and a 22, Are you telling me they are illegal to own? And I said we have it made , by a LONG shot. Have you ever spoke with any immigrants from other countries? It pretty much sucks everywhere else except the USA. I think Norway or Finland may be good also but I don't know anyone from there. I know a bunch of people born in Russia and the Ukraine region and life would be considered unbearable for most of the pathetic whiners in this country ( I'm not referring to you)

06-Apr-23
If you want to buy a semi auto now you'll need a permit.

07-Apr-23
Upstate, take a look at what a Ruger 10/22 is. It’s just a semi auto 22. Not looking to get into a back and forth here, but trying to justify what’s wrong here in NYS, by comparing it to Russia is what’s called a straw man. Yes, I will agree this is the greatest country on earth, but complacency will only serve to loose liberty. Freedom is something that is not achieved and then forgot about. The fight for freedom and liberty is a constant battle. I suggest you go try to buy a run of the mill semi auto 22 and then come back and we can continue this conversation.

07-Apr-23
If you want to play the 'lets compare game' then compare NY to Texas, or NY to Ohio. Low taxes, respects the 2nd Amendment, respects rule of law, and places individual liberty above all else. NY was once a great state. It is now devolving into a hellhole thanks to unilateral Democratic political control. The entire state is driven by progressive politics, even the DEC. I live in CT, not great here either, but nothing like NY.

07-Apr-23
Pat, you are correct. Although NYS is loosing population and congressional seats for the last few decades, the state government ( specifically the Assembly and Senate) remains the same size and through redistricting , upstate looses seats and nyc gains them and the power that goes along. We are the fourth or fifth most populous state( and falling), yet we have the most expensive state government in the nation. And that government is doing a lousy job. I retired from the DEC in 2012, so things may be worse over a decade later, but the field staff back then was mostly quality people that were ignored by the the Central Office staff and political leaders. This discussion shows part of the reason for NYS decline......citizen and voter apathy.

07-Apr-23
I so wanted to move to Ohio, (still do) but gotta be near the grandchild and family so near bennington it is.

07-Apr-23
Shawlerbrook, I just looked up the "straw man" technique and I apologize for that. That ruger 22 looks tame enough. So we need to apply for a permit to get one? Probably not a terrible idea, as long as they don't deny the permit for no good reason. Apparently some people in this world can't handle the responsibilities of gun ownership. I realize anyone can get a gun other ways, 2 of my semi's were given to me for instance. I get how gun laws don't really work. But you can't just let any uneducated, deranged, drooler go buy an assault weapon ,can you?

07-Apr-23
Upstate, we are going to just have to agree to disagree about what freedom, liberty and the Second Amendment mean. I will always believe that sacrificing any freedom is a big mistake. Ben Franklin said something to the affect.....those that sacrifice liberty for safety will enjoy neither.... Happy Easter !

07-Apr-23
And to you Sir. shoot straight, I hope you get a great buck this fall.

08-Apr-23
What's with this bonding stuff between you two? Lol, just kidding, good to see NY threads alive and well!

09-Apr-23
These days it’s refreshing to see people disagreeing, but still be able to have a civil, intelligent conversation. Not common these days ! Happy Easter to all my Bowsite friends !

10-Apr-23
There are literally tens of thousands of firearms laws on the books. There should really only be 2. Pass a background check in order to obtain a license to purchase a firearm, meaning not being a convicted felon, drifter, or illegal alien. Actually being a tax paying citizen who resides at a legal address, with a legal, government issued ID. And 2, carry that license on you at all times. Very simple. The Constitution was not meant to be interpreted and every punctuation not meant to be scrutinized.

11-Apr-23
I would like to know if there is a 2nd Amendment then how is it illegal not to be able to drive anywhere in the country I want with a gun? It makes no sense at all.

12-Apr-23
Because the 10th amendment provides individual states rights and those states interpreted those rights as such. The problem is the constitution defines federal power which includes the bill of rights, which are the all the amendments. So I agree, is makes no sense to prohibit crossing state borders with firearms, if that is how you choose to interpret the law. This is the basic argument of gun laws in general. You can have a gun for hunting but you can't bring a concealed weapon to a grammar school . You can have a pistol permit but you can't bring an AR-15 to a night club. Where do you draw the line? You can bring guns into states but you have to "legally" posses them in each state who's line you cross, states have the right to have there own laws to that affect. To many people and to many what if's.

08-May-23
How quick this state went down the tubes scares me. No bail laws, no prosecuting shoplifters, Dem rioters, gun crimes unless you are a certain demographic ie republican just scares me. I'll be out of here in five years when I retire and I've lived on Long Island my whole life. I just hope the local housing market doesn't crater before I sell.

26-May-23
Upstate .....the most important part of the 10th is the phrase "or to the people". There is a great misconception that the Government is the people , when in fact it should be Of, By, For. Of is a relative term currently. By is absolutely not the norm. For takes a great deal of creativity or delusion to see.

26-May-23
Big problem isn’t even the political or elected leaders, but the administrative state officials that answer to no one. Even worse at the National level.

22-Jun-23
amen Denali ! Especially the "for" term, you are right.

• Sitka Gear