Rut Nut 09-May-23
Teeton 10-May-23
Rut Nut 10-May-23
Teeton 10-May-23
Rut Nut 11-May-23
Rut Nut 15-May-23
hawkeye in PA 16-May-23
19-Apr-23
Here you go boys and girls......................................

HIGHLIGHTS FROM TODAY’S COMMISSIONERS MEETING 04/15/2023

HARRISBURG, PA - The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners met today in Harrisburg. Among other business, the board adopted the 2023-24 hunting and trapping seasons and bag limits. The final seasons and bag limits are provided in a separate news release. Other meeting highlights follow.

NEW ANTLERLESS LICENSE PROCESS FINALIZED

The Pennsylvania Board of Game Commissioners today took final action to restructure the state’s process for obtaining antlerless deer licenses.

Until recently, state law had required antlerless licenses be issued only by county treasurers. Hunters seeking antlerless licenses would send applications and receive licenses by mail in what was considered an outdated and inflexible process.

Earlier this year, a new law took effect that enables all license-issuing agents to sell antlerless deer licenses, meaning hunters in the 2023-24 license year will be able to purchase them online or anywhere else licenses are sold.

With today’s vote, the Board of Commissioners has finalized the process by which licenses will be sold.

Antlerless licenses will be purchased online and at issuing agents; there will be no application by mail. Antlerless licenses will go on sale during the first day of license sales, the fourth Monday in June (Monday, June 26 this year). Only residents can apply initially. Application by nonresidents won’t begin until the second Monday in July (July 10). A hunter can get only one license in the first round. A second round will begin the fourth Monday of July (July 24). Residents and nonresidents are eligible. A hunter can get a second license in the second round for any WMU where tags are available. A third round will begin the second Monday of August (Aug. 14). The sale of Deer Management Assistance Program (DMAP) permits also will begin on this date. ·A hunter can get a third license in the third round. Then, in the fourth round beginning the fourth Monday of August (Aug. 28), a hunter can buy additional licenses until reaching their personal limit of six. Additional licenses, if available, then can be purchased after the season begins, as the hunter harvests antlerless deer and reports them. In each round, antlerless license sales won’t begin until 8 a.m.

19-Apr-23
I'm not getting rid of the pink envelopes I've accumulated just yet.....I believe the USP is writing legislation for us to go back to them as I type.

19-Apr-23
We’re gonna have a big PINK bonfire this summer! ;-)

19-Apr-23
USP, pink envelope, spike shooting, Saturday opener hating people that believe we should fund "time machines" with public money to bring back. 1980.

20-Apr-23
AMEN John! ANd throw out all the progress we have made in 30+ years............................

20-Apr-23
Looking forward to the day when the press release/highlight reads:

"PA steps out of the Dark Ages and allows Sunday hunting EVERY Sunday."

.....and there was much rejoicing.

20-Apr-23
^^^^^^This^^^^^

Let me be the first to offer up the first round! However, if you are a unified card carrying member, ill have to ask you to put your $ on the bar first.

20-Apr-23
Supernaut x2!! There will be much rejoicing in the Von house if that happens.

20-Apr-23
x3!

21-Apr-23
How long until the system crashes because everyone is logging on at the same time? The system is slow as it is.

21-Apr-23
Most interesting in all that, for me anyway, is the Aug 14 sale date for DMAP tags. That is a big date change. Normally I buy mine the first day licenses go on sale in June.

21-Apr-23
They are spreading out the network crush. I am in a unit that goes 3 doe tags if you want them, this year maybe 4. There's no need for me to be on the system buying my license at 8am that first Monday. I will wait until Thursday or Friday that week.

21-Apr-23
Same here. At least the first 2 rounds....................

22-Apr-23
Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Claus!

It's about stinkin' time! Yesss!

You know, there's still going to be people complaining about it.

22-Apr-23
The only thing I have resembling a complaint is, What took them so long!?!

Next... Sunday hunting. Git er done! Screw the farm bureau. I hunt on public land. They should have no say in my hunting.

24-Apr-23
Jeff X2.

01-May-23
2 weeks ago i ordered my spring turkey tag online, as of yet I have not gotten it. So I posted a Pa facebook hunting group to see if anyone else has not gotten it. To my surprise quite a few have had problems with the on line system and not just Turkey tags. If you go to a license selling vendor, you can show them your digital tag, and they will issue you one there. But, for a fee. Now I didnt care about the pink envelope or if it was on line. But if they can't get a few turkey tags out in the last few weeks. I see problems when 250k or more try to do it on line on the day they open up doe tags. I see a system crashon that day. I'll guess tomorrow evening, I'll drive the 40miles around trip to get my turkey tag and pay the fee. I think it's 6 bucks.

02-May-23
Ed- I just printed the tag out on regular paper. I doubt I will even fill it- just wanted a second so I can keep hunting if I got lucky and got one early in the season.

I plan to stop at an issuing agent after work a couple days AFTER the first day tags/licenses go on sale. That way I walk out of there with the tag in hand. Don;t have to worry about it making it to me thru the mail. They actually increased doe tag allocations in many WMU's this year so shouldn't be a problem.........................

02-May-23
I wouldn't have a problem with the digital copy, but you must have the green carcass tag. I says that the carcass tag must be printed on game commission green paper.

02-May-23
Ed, Perry - funny you should post this. I thought I was the only one . I purchased my tag online on the night of April 16th. They debited my CC on April the 17th. I called the Pa Hunt / Fish store at the number supplied to us on the PGC website and talked to a clueless CS agent that told me that it could take 2-4 months to get the tag in the mail. I immediately asked to talk to someone with some knowledge of the process. She basically told me that she had very little - do you think?!!. I have ordered all my licenses online forever since they became available to purchase them that way and never had a problem. I told her that her answer was unacceptable and ask if there was anyone that I could talk to. She gave me the number of the license division in Harrisburg and I called them. The agent there told me that it will take 7-10 "BUSINEES DAYS" to receive it. He also told that the system showed that it had been mailed out on the 18th. I received it yesterday May1. It was postmarked April 27th - First Class Mail. Now this new outfit is located in Kansas but it could have been here by Pony Express in that length of time. I know the PO process(retired from there) and even though it is slower than it used to be, First class letter mail should be 2-3 day delivery at most. Which is just about what it was considering no Suday delivery. Someone isn't telling the truth here and I'm like you Ed, I don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling about this new outfit in KS. and handling the demand for general licenses and doe licenses all at the same time. Perry - you do need the "Green " carcass tag.

02-May-23
OK- thanks guys! Like I said, the odds of me filling 2 tags this year is very slim.................but I will keep an eye out for it in the mail. I bought mine on 4/27 so hopefully it arrives in the next week or so......................................

I'm sure there will be some "hickups" with the NEW system.................................but it's worth it to get OUT of the 1970's! ;-)

02-May-23
Don't worry Perry, we have plenty of extra tags here. Roy Painter showed me how to make them myself. LOL.

02-May-23
LMBO! : )

03-May-23
Art, glad to hear Ol' Roy is still alive and kicking. I miss the old grouch since he fell off the radar.

03-May-23
Roy Painter (RC) has always been around, you just had to know where to find him.

03-May-23
I just texted Roy- said the Bowsite gang was asking about him......................maybe he’ll chime in here? ;-)

04-May-23
Be careful what you wish for. :)

04-May-23
Are you talking about the new automated system for doe tags or ............................Roy?! ;-)

09-May-23
May 9th and STILL no tag....................checking the mail every day.

10-May-23
My turkey tag took 18 days to come and took 13 days from the day i ordered it, for them to ship it. It takes a few minutes to get it in person. Why should it take so long??

10-May-23
I’m on day 23 now...................

This is why I always get it at an issuing agent if I can!

10-May-23
I just thought of something. On the day it was post marked May 1st. I called to see where it was. Wonder if thats why it got shipped that day???? I've always ordered on line for convenience and what ever I ordered only took 7 or 8 days before.

11-May-23
Could be. If it is not in the mail today, I will make a call...........................................

15-May-23
Guess what came in the mail today....................just 28 days from the day I purchased it! ;-)

16-May-23
Armor up and go get him!

• Sitka Gear