spike78 20-May-23
Corax_latrans 20-May-23
UWShunter 20-May-23
nehunter 01-Jul-23
Corax_latrans 01-Jul-23
spike78 01-Jul-23
UWShunter 01-Jul-23
21-Apr-23
Saw it on the NBC app. Don’t know much but Deep is supposed to hold a conference about it.

21-Apr-23
https://www.wfsb.com/2023/04/21/deep-investigating-bear-attack-avon/

Top video doesn’t tell you much. Lower looks like a live thing that’s already over. DEEP says bear is dead. Witnesses have seen an un-tagged bear in the area.

Actually much more worrisome to think that a first-time offender would have bitten someone.

21-Apr-23
The woman was 74 and walking her dog. Sounds like the bear was with 3 cubs. Bit the lady’s arm.

21-Apr-23

Toonces's Link
67 Home entries by bears last year. That is crazy.

21-Apr-23
Clearly, the bear advocates would recommend you don’t walk your dog, then you won’t get bit. LMFAO

21-Apr-23
So two bears had to be killed in last five days due to break in, and aggression. But, a bear season isn't needed. This state is run by morons.

21-Apr-23

UWShunter's embedded Photo
UWShunter's embedded Photo
Had mom & 2 cubs on my front lawn. Wasn’t home at the time. If I was Momma bear would be a rug now. I don’t care anymore. Bear problem getting out of control.

21-Apr-23
Antler, you crack me up

21-Apr-23
Every village has their idiot Coondog. We’ve found ours.

21-Apr-23
AF you’re such a goofball. The new law going into effect allows you to kill a bear if they threaten you.

21-Apr-23
There crazy bears are getting to be like Canada Geese…

Except for weighing 400 pounds and teeth and claws.

21-Apr-23
Antler, anchor point, whoever you are. stfu. Thx moron

22-Apr-23
Why are you against bear hunting?

22-Apr-23
Antler, it's a bit uncalled for.

22-Apr-23
AF, if a bear threatens you, it’s not bear hunting. Get on your bike and start back pedaling….

22-Apr-23
Antler, honestly you’re not very bright and I’m starting to think getting upset at your dumb/foolish remarks is like getting upset at a 5 year old.

My concern is not only for myself & fellow hunters but my children and wife. The bears are getting very comfortable around humans and that’s not good.

You don’t understand the concept because you’re too dim to realize we can’t just control bears from avoiding us in the woods. They’re everywhere in the NW corner as documented by my annexed photos.

Funny - I’m a “liberal” yet you’re against killing bears… you then make the asinine remarks about me losing my hunting license for poaching when weeks you stated, “it’s only illegal if you get caught” and then you said you’re not going to allow the “government” dictate when you can kill a bear. Or at least I thought this nonsense was written by yourself, anchor point, I mean antler.

The point is you constantly contradict yourself, more specifically, in your old account you stated you “hate” rich people (which leads me to believe you suffer from envy), you always start unnecessary arguments for zero reason and frankly you seem to enjoy the negative attention.

What you need son is help from a professional to process why you do engage in this anti-social behavior.

This forum is supposed to allow hunters to help one another and be comprised of those who share similar concerns about anti-hunting legislation and destroying something we love.

Instead this is a place for you to often sound like fool and/or a petulant child seeking attention that you may lack at home or work.

If you look at the ratio of responses to your replies, the majority concur with my opinion that you’re not very bright and speak like a fool.

Therefore, I should have some empathy for your inability to understand and comprehend the gravity of this dangerous bear situation.

So I’m going to refrain from calling you names and making this personal. Perhaps you’re on the spectrum and/or lead a very lonely existence and your only outlet and/or way of expression is through vitriol and you lack the mental aptitude to actually have a filter.

My occupation requires me to sometimes represent those who share many of your anti-social issues and I must remind myself to have the same compassion and empathy for you as I do for them.

One last recommendation, I would strongly suggest you seek “anger-management” from a professional because your anxiety and anger shall only get worse for someone such as yourself.

Ok, time for coffee.

22-Apr-23
Coyotes scare you….

22-Apr-23
I think that in order to get a posting name on Bowsite you should have to correctly have your information visible. This would stop the name calling

I think someone on here year's ago could tell the IP address and email information on everyone. Should look into it, as it's getting out of control again.

22-Apr-23
What happened to Antler’s posts?

Anyway - just saw Momma bear & 2 cubs 20 yards away from my house. Momma bear was sprinting with cubs trying to keep up. Pretty incredible. Hopefully they learn not a good spot to hang. 6 bears - in 2 days. Bears from today were more than likely same as yesterday.

22-Apr-23
What happened to Antler’s posts?

Anyway - just saw Momma bear & 2 cubs 20 yards away from my house. Momma bear was sprinting with cubs trying to keep up. Pretty incredible. Hopefully they learn not a good spot to hang. 6 bears - in 2 days. Bears from today were more than likely same as yesterday.

22-Apr-23
Well, looks like Antler is gone again. Poof! I know he’ll read this. I always wondered who the people are that he always claimed he helped on Bowsite…..

22-Apr-23
Blood no one. Just big talk!

22-Apr-23
Maybe antler ....shedded

22-Apr-23
You win today Soap!

22-Apr-23
He's probably a Mass hunter, He was always posting on the Mass page too. His text mannerisms are the same as a bunch of deleted name's over the year's.

He will be back.

23-Apr-23

nehunter's Link
This is why libs think they are so "cute "

23-Apr-23

nehunter's Link
Another article this week. Concern of attacks is growing

23-Apr-23
I try not to get too riled up by trolls. No sense arguing with them when they may just be a chatbot designed to create division among people.

23-Apr-23
Those chatbots are getting scarier all the time….

My brother has had some experience lately with AI programs writing up his work (he’s an Artiste whose work no one can explain or describe) and these programs appear to be doing a better job than he seems to be able to do himself… except that he knows what’s really the truth, so he can pick up on the biases in the algorithms, which strongly favor the most recent information, which can really skew the results…. And the algorithms are also beginning to “hallucinate” information, so basically they are making shit up… and while they’re “smart” enough to do it, they’re not sufficiently self-aware and not doing enough background research to “realize” that they are doing it…

So they’re actually right on par with a lot of the more outspoken humans in that respect, if you think about it…

Unfortunately…

Anyway, the concern my brother has had when looking into this is that he’s seeing AI-produced content on topics on which he is one of the 5 or 10 most knowledgeable people in the entire world, and he’s running into stuff (including images) where he’s having to question the accuracy/veracity/authenticity of it.

I’ve had it up to “here” with all of the conspiracy theories, but if it doesn’t concern you that these AI programs are capable of generating extremely credible misinformation, you’re not thinking it all the way through…

23-Apr-23
Bye bye troll

23-Apr-23
His posts are still on the MA page tho….

23-Apr-23
Corax - very scary. I heard there has been a call for a 6 month freeze on AI until some guardrails can be put in place. The temporary pause has been endorsed by many big names but I am sure paranoia will prevent it from happening as nobody who develops this stuff wants to be left behind. We are not far off from the return of Arnold and Terminator…. At you know I am not a chatbot because I sometimes misspell words and I heard the bots havent been programed to get jokes about mylar balloons

23-Apr-23

24-Apr-23
A sense of humor will be the final frontier; most of what’s Funny is dependent on some absurdity which a literal-“minded” audience can’t process…,

25-Apr-23
Comedy is a manipulation of the intellect.

25-Apr-23
CT needs a bear season. Plain & simple. I moved 40 minutes from westchester county, NY to CT. I never saw a bear in my life in NY nor on trail camera. in CT in 12 months so far I see them in the neighborhood, in the driveway, on trail camera and while deer bow hunting.

25-Apr-23
Saw 6 bears in less than a week. Until a politician’s kid gets mauled, there will be no bear season. However, recent the bear caught in the house & the 74 year old woman getting attacked by a bear might bring the bear hunting bill back for discussion.

26-Apr-23

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/qvsEZ6XVunM

04-May-23

nehunter's Link
I think the Media is jumping all over reports now. More Bear issues on TV will only help us get a Season soon.

04-May-23

UWShunter's Link
Bear hunt bill might still be alive!

05-May-23
Until David Michel gets his snobby nose into it

05-May-23
Rep Michael the elitist - real POS. I started questioning him at the Bear Hunt bill hearing on Zoom and asked him what’s his experience with bears, etc & the moderator told me I was out of order… lol

06-May-23
That was you? I watched that whole thing. Congratulations to you for asking that.

06-May-23
Yup - that was me. Got his panties all twisted. Got him pissed off! Anyway — just heard that the bear bill is still alive!! Hopefully it gets passed. Saw another bear this morning 40 yards from my house! Bear hunt can’t come soon enough!

06-May-23
My dog chased a bear out of our yard this morning. The bear wasn't really fazed as he stopped at the neighbors trash can for a snack before walking away. Welcome to Simsbeary.

06-May-23
The Bear Bill is still alive, but the hunting component was stripped out before the Committee Vote. It’s possible that an amendment could be offered to include a hunt but …

If you want it, you’d better communicate with your State Senator and State Rep, voting against ANY hunting issue has been shown to have very little downside in Hartford.

06-May-23
Yes. Bear hunt is stripped for now but that might be changing, especially after the 74 year old woman was recently attacked.

07-May-23
What does it take to make an impression if not an attack on a human being ? I have the sinking feeling that even a death wouldn't sway the powers that be.

07-May-23
“What does it take to make an impression if not an attack on a human being ? ”

It’s not ever going to be about ONE attack, and shouldn’t be - not any more than we should accept Antis getting bowhunting outlawed on the basis of the occasional Bad Look For Bowhunting video on the local news when there’s a deer running around with an arrow in it because somebody hit a little high and lodged a head in the body of the spinal column.

That said… it is absolutely unconscionable that we don’t have reasonable DLP laws for a large predator which is endangered in NO way, whatsoever. Not saying that I wouldn’t want solid enforcement when a shooting occurs, but once a bear has established itself as a chronic offender, it’s really just a matter of time. No reason anyone should have to get hurt or lose livestock. And can someone kindly explain why bears are more protected than a human when they break into your home???

07-May-23
You guys do realize politicians send thousands of soldiers to their deaths so do you honestly think they care about a little old lady?

07-May-23
Objection, Your Honor! Irrelevant.

08-May-23
CL , To be clear, I was referring to "human being" in the collective sense. I apologize for an incapacity to express my thoughts.

08-May-23
The arguments FOR a season are all logic based, and the arguments AGAINST are all emotion based. You can see what's been winning. The real problem is that not nearly enough of the rational people communicate with their State Reps and State Senators so it's easy for them to be swayed by the emotional arguments. If more concerned parents, and ALL of the guys on this CT page did that, we'd be in a much better position. Hunters are not really active in the political process, the anti hunters have no such problem. It's a shame really.

08-May-23
So Ace, irrespective of the kid in Madison mauled, recent bear killed inside a house and 74 year old lady being attacked, do you think we will have a bear season? Also, do we have any lobbyists supporting our position?

08-May-23
-****Mason

08-May-23
CSB, I think they'll allow a bear season when the political cost of NOT having a season exceeds the political cost of having a season. Several Thousands of hunters think we need one and want one, but only dozens showed up to testify at the Public Hearing. And about half of us are not registered to vote, (or maybe even more), so right now the cost of voting for the season far exceeds the cost to them of voting against a season.

Clearly the Anti-hunters have this figured out, and we are either to apathetic or too stupid and definitely too cheap to fight them effectively.

And yes we do have a Lobbyist, a few friends and I started a non-profit (Friends of CT Sportsmen) and we hired one. Some Clubs around the state have been donating, but if we got even $1 per year from every CT hunter we could do a lot more.

People like to complain, sadly very few do a damn thing.

We had a very realistic chance at Sunday Hunting this year, but hunters didn't step up. Our friends in the Senate and the House worked their asses off, but we needed more Sportsmen in a few key districts to build relationships with their Legislators, and there again, the cost of supporting Sunday hunting was worse for these fence sitters, than the political cost of voting no. So it was voted down.

08-May-23
Interesting analysis. How about putting up a link to the non-profit so we can donate. I’d be more than willing to contribute as it’s an issue affecting all of us who hunt. It’s without a doubt having an impact on the deer population and something’s gotta get done. Thanks

08-May-23

08-May-23
Got my first bear on cam in 2023 here in CT this past weekend.

08-May-23

Ace's Link
There is a link to our secure site for Donations.

We also have a Facebook page if you do Facebook.

Always happy to work with people who want to get involved.

08-May-23
“they'll allow a bear season when the political cost of NOT having a season exceeds the political cost of having a season.”

^^This.

10-May-23
not too encouraging

10-May-23
Tell me one thing about how politics actually works that IS???

11-May-23
"Tell me one thing about how politics actually works that IS???"

"We in America do not have government by the majority. We have government by the majority who participate."

11-May-23
Yeah, so now we just need more thoughtful, middle-of-the-road folks taking an active interest; people on the wings will always be engaged, for good or ill….

11-May-23
So true

12-May-23
I used to believe that, I no longer do. Now I believe that the ideology of the people in power is all that matters. If 80% of CT residents voiced their support for a bear season our elected officials would still vote it down. They know better than their lowly subjects. I’ve lost all faith of ever seeing change in CT.

12-May-23
Saw another bear this morning @ 645am. Looked like a big Rottweiler, ran into the woods & almost knocked over a tree. Happy to have had my 357. Someone’s gonna get killed.

Have a safe weekend!

12-May-23

nehunter's embedded Photo
nehunter's embedded Photo
I'm sitting in a blind Bear hunting right now as I type.

All 3 of these Canadian Bear's have white V's

12-May-23
NE Nice. I killed one in Manitoba. Nice rug. Good luck.

13-May-23
Good luck NE!

13-May-23
Pretty frightening when public servants vote with little or no real knowledge of the issue in question. Yet we see it time and time again , especially pertaining to hunting matters. Non and anti hunters manipulating our sport. Seems like it will never change. They vote; we fund it. It's almost a form of human bondage.

13-May-23
Maybe it’s time we took matters into our own hands…

14-May-23
Good luck NE looking fwd to an update

17-May-23
NBC is playing an interview with the woman this evening on the 5 o'clock news.

17-May-23
Just saw it. Pretty useless on any level.

20-May-23

spike78's Link
What a joke this is. So you actually need to make it a law that you have a right to defend yourself against a bear? Two looneys voted against it lol

20-May-23
Correction 3 looneys

20-May-23
Christine Cohen has no idea what the laws are. She voted against the bill because she doesn’t want people shooting bears while hiking…..ummm last time I checked, it’s illegal to carry a pistol on state lands…

20-May-23
So is it legal to hunt them in your own house? That seems to be where they are ending up. If one is shot in self defense, crop damage etc, does it have to be handed over to DEEP?

20-May-23
“…ummm last time I checked, it’s illegal to carry a pistol on state lands…”

Not entirely, I think. Pretty sure you’re allowed to carry a .22 LR. Yeah, THAT’S the ticket!

But this would be good for peace of mind if one were to start up the ladder to your deer stand…

20-May-23
So if this law doesn’t pass then does that mean you can’t shoot a bear in self defense?

20-May-23
If that were to be the case, then a CT black bear has greater legal protection than an endangered species (Grizzly) has in Wyoming; that also means that a bear has greater legal standing than a human, because even in CT you’re allowed to shoot a human if you have a reasonable fear of grievous bodily harm.

So in the exceedingly unlikely event that it were to come up in my world, I’m gonna say that I would expect to end up in court, but that’s OK, because I’d be willing to take my chances in court over my chances with the bear. Call me crazy.

20-May-23
It’s better to be judged by 12 than to be carried by 6.

01-Jul-23
Literally this just happened in Litchfield. Came over the Scanner:

65 yr old man got attacked in Litchfield by a bear, call came in had him bleeding profusely.

01-Jul-23
Updated reports say he was bitten on the hand, so not life-threatening at any rate. Sounds as if DEEP is not entirely sympathetic, since the guy has birdfeeders up at a time of year when they are likely to cause problems.

Honestly, I think the report of a probably rabid bobcat attacking people up in lime is more worrisome… but I’ve had my shots, so I guess I’m in pretty good shape ;)

01-Jul-23
A black bear just bit someone in Maine after they defended their dog.

01-Jul-23
Getting real dumb. Between security cams & in person -I’ve seen at least 20 bears this year. Fortunately I have sidearm 90% of the time. Grandpa who got bit today probably didn’t. These bears have zero fear of people. Unfortunately it’s gonna take some politician’s kid to get bit for us to get a bear season. Stay safe & happy 4th.

• Sitka Gear