Pope and Young gives award to the NDA
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Al Dente Laptop 06-May-23
Pat Lefemine 08-May-23
Al Dente Laptop 08-May-23
Denali 26-May-23
06-May-23
Pope and Young has given one of their awards for outstanding contribution to bowhunting and conservation the National Deer association, NDA. If you recall, the NDA, gave it's Game Agency of the Year Award to our own DEC. Also, the NDA, last year decided to send out a nation wide email alert to have their members call Assembly and Senate members of the EnCon Committee to support further crossbow expansion/full inclusion. I don't know what the majority body of P & Y's Conservation Committee was thinking, but the NDA is NO friend to bowhunting. They should change the name of Ethic to something else.

08-May-23
Agree Al, I'm done with the NDA. However, I didn't realize they got an award and I was at PY? I may have missed it.

The NDA just published an article about letting weeds go in your food plots because deer eat them. Like Ragweed, Pigweed, waterhemp etc. It's insane. Why plant crops that only have limited summer nutritional value and choke out the good stuff they eat when they need it most? Me and all my plot buddies thought it was a prank.

08-May-23
I didn't read that one, that is totally insane.

26-May-23
The NDA is agenda driven and saddle up with anyone who can help them access grant money (specifically government) and coerce private businesses to support all of their agendas by creating narratives built from economic incentive. It has been exacerbated since they merged with the QDMA.

• Sitka Gear