Wyoming
Contributors to this thread:
TonySub2 19-May-23
TonySub2 20-May-23
Ron Niziolek 21-May-23
wytex 31-May-23
Knothead 01-Jul-23
19-May-23
Hello group, I'm brand new hear. I was encouraged to join this site from a wyoming elk hunters facebook group Im a part of . I'm POSSIBLLY looking for a huntig partner for my WY elk tag this year.I currently have elk tags in MT, AZ, and WY, and Ive got buddies to go with in MT and AZ. Now, I don't necessarily need a partner. I've hunted archery elk solo in the past, and actually killed my first bull with a bow in WY, solo back in 2015. So, I'm perfectly capably and comfortable solo, but I thought I through it out on some groups and just see if I can network with some like minded folks. Maybe I'll find a good fit, and maybe I won't. Either way is fine.

Here's my hunting resume' so to speak... I'm 42, a firefighter, and a father of 2 small boys. I grew up in Michigan bow hunting whitetails out of treestands. I moved to WA in 2002, and I did my first archery elk hunt in 2012. Over the past 10 years, I've killed 7 elk with a bow. All on public land. This largest of which being about 300 inches. So.... I'm not a novice, but I'm also not a stone cold killer.

I'll like to do a combo or front country and back country. I'm fit ,and comfortable in the mountains. And comfortable (enough) in grizzly country. My primary tactic in September is run-n-gun calling. But , I'm evolving to spend more time behind the glass, and hunt more cautiously .

I already have a spot that I've got 2/2, and I like in WY. I'm willing to go there again, or somewhere new. IF that spot is pretty dialed in.

If anyone would like to chat, and just see if we might be a good fit. Then send me a message. And if this post rubs anybody the wrong way, then feel free to ignore it.

20-May-23
Zip, zero, zilch, nada.

21-May-23
Hey Tony, don't let the lack of replies make you think all us Wyoming people are rude. Honestly this state site gets very little use. Many like me probably only check it every week or two.

Specific unit or general tag? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not say publicly.

31-May-23
Yep, you might to post on another forum with your offer, maybe HT.

Good luck though!!!

01-Jul-23
Just curious, but what AZ elk hunt/unit did you draw this year. I also have a tag. You can pm me if that is better.

• Sitka Gear