be still 17-Jun-23
crestedbutte 17-Jun-23
crestedbutte 14-Jul-23
be still 14-Jul-23
Blever 09-Aug-23
dramipark 23-Sep-23
sitO 23-Sep-23
27-May-23
Heading to Kansas this fall and this will be my second out of state hunt. First was Iowa last fall and I have family to stay with there. What is everyone’s preference as to lodging? Hotel? Camp? AirBnB? Pros, cons? Just wanting to get some details worked out! Thanks for any insight.

27-May-23
Most of the posters on this forum are residents. You might try the Kansas thread on archerytalk. There are more non-res hunters hunting Kansas that post there.

27-May-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Down by the river

27-May-23
I hear a lot of people like the AirBnB. But they don't do it for me. I am a small town Hotel type of guy. I don't mind camping. But if it's early season. I have to be able to shower in the evening and sleeping when its warm at night SUCKS. Later season when I don't sweat as much I like to camp.

27-May-23
AirBnb if you have three or more guys to split it with. Otherwise not worth it to me and a suitable one might be a long way from where you intend to hunt. When solo I’ve spent a lot of nights on the prairie parked in a ditch or, with permission, an old farmyard and just wrap up in my sleeping bag in the back seat. Then a cheap motel for a shower every third or fourth night. If you’re looking for specifics divulging a unit or general area might help. Could be some camping options or reasonable AirBnb someone knows about.

27-May-23
Depends a lot on the area, the time of the season, and what’s available in the area you’re going to be hunting. Check on when opening of pheasant season is, most small town lodging will be booked up with bird hunters. Camping might be a good option if there’s a state park in the area? Really need to know more details to offer much help.

27-May-23
Pretty hard to give insight if we don’t know where you’re going

29-May-23
Perhaps a little research and planning would have been helpful before applying for a tag?

29-May-23
Did you even draw a tag?

30-May-23
I reckon he done found the blue van.

30-May-23
If you have a trailer or 5th wheel there are lots of places to park them,fair grounds county or state lakes etc.If not about every town has something

30-May-23
This happens all the time here, and on the main forum. Some "new guy" makes a post asking for advice or "pointers"...several chime in with good advice, and the proverbial smartass(me)...then "new guy" never returns or acknowledges any of the comments or advice. Waste of time.

As far as where to stay, yes a location or at least a quadrant of the state is needed. I stay in AirBNB's about 30 times a year or more, not for hunting, and I like having a kitchen and laundry facilities. They aren't much more than a hotel room, if at all, usually.

30-May-23
Yeah….about as worthless and uninteresting as the Drought thread.

30-May-23
Careful Crested you’ll run James off and he might stay on Archery Talk. We really wouldn’t want that.

For some odd reason that blue van reminds me of Archery Talk. There’s a peace guy over there that might feel right at home in it.

Now everybody keeps mentioning the main forum so lately I’ve been reading a few posts from there…there are some koo koo people over there. I’m talking about some messed up weird stuff.

30-May-23
You can find us all over there at times Calhoun. You fit in just fine :-)

30-May-23
Ha Slate made a little funny…I had a Small Short laugh:?)

Nah Slate I might be a little off sometimes but that’s a whole different crazy over there. Makes Crested look even normal.

30-May-23
So there is a Pride movement on the main forum? No wonders Slate is on there all the time.

31-May-23
Jeffrey you jelly ?

04-Jun-23
Y’all done run the poor NR off….lol They’ll just never learn to be fly by posters!

12-Jun-23
Thanks everyone. Appreciate the reply’s.

One Arrow: if you reread the original post you may notice that I wasn’t asking for specific places to stay. I was looking for pros and cons of the different lodging options if anyone had anything good or bad about them.

TreBarker: we have done research. Again, I was just looking for any pros and cons that I may have overlooked in regards to camping, hotel, or AirBnB. Thanks for your input nonetheless.

12-Jun-23
Westksbowhunter: yes I drew a tag.

Buckdeer: I wish I did have a nice travel trailer. That’s been on the “list” for a while now but keeps getting bumped down because I find something else I’d rather have lol!

SitO: sorry, did not mean to waste anyone’s time. Haven’t had much time to get back on here and read the reply’s. Appreciate your insight!

Tejas: no worries. Didn’t run me off. Haven’t had much time to get on here.

13-Jun-23
Good luck Levi

14-Jun-23

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
This is how I do it.

14-Jun-23
@Cheesehead Mike That looks like a great setup! We’ll see maybe I’ll have a new camper for the family before I head down there this fall ??

17-Jun-23

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
Where to stay…well let’s see. I guess you could stay here. I did for about 4-5 yrs straight in the early 2000’s.

17-Jun-23
^^^ must have needed money really bad!

17-Jun-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
I had one helluva scary wake-up in the middle of the night, in that park, after crawlin across the western prairies many years ago

17-Jun-23

be still's embedded Photo
be still's embedded Photo
From the early 2000’s…..

17-Jun-23
Why do you need a six pack when you can have a keg?

14-Jul-23

Interesting place to stay. The Owl detail….wow just wow?

14-Jul-23
If that’s not too far out of my way I’m going to see that…

09-Aug-23
I prefer staying at a cozy AirBnB or a cabin near the hunting area. It gives me that rustic, immersive experience, and I love its flexibility. Plus, it's a great way to bond with fellow hunters if you go with a group. Hotels are convenient, but they lack that natural vibe. I prefer luxurious hotels when I'm on vacation. I've recently run on this guide for the best place to stay in Miami and now think of traveling there. I think it must be amazing.

23-Sep-23
Hey, sounds like an exciting trip! For me, it depends on the location and convenience. Hotels are usually reliable, while AirBnBs can offer a more homely feel. But hey, if you're ever in Romania, consider checking out the top accommodation in Bucharest. It's all about finding what suits your needs best.

23-Sep-23
You're homely you AI bot

• Sitka Gear