MichaelArnette 07-Jun-23
ksq232 07-Jun-23
crestedbutte 07-Jun-23
Deerdummmy 08-Jun-23
ksq232 08-Jun-23
crestedbutte 08-Jun-23
MichaelArnette 12-Jun-23
02-Jun-23
Just got an email from Nebraska Game and Fish; they’re going to a non-res lottery for this fall. Makes sense, the deer got hammered by EHD or something last year. Numbers were horrible according to a resident buddy of mine.

02-Jun-23

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo

02-Jun-23

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo

03-Jun-23
Been following this as well. There are still 3,000 statewide OTC archery tags. They’re just not good for muleys in a few units. I’m sure those will sell very fast. To hunt muleys in the draw units you have to draw an MDCA permit which allows you to hunt either species in any of the three seasons. I’ll be buying points for that and pronghorn from now on as I think it will make the muley bowhunts in those units a really nice hunt with far less pressure, especially since many of the applicants will be rifle-only folks. Some chatter on a Nebraska forum makes it sound like the added pressure in the units that are still OTC will likely lead to all mule deer tags heading towards a draw in the near future.

03-Jun-23
They started this last year. They put a quota of 5000 tags on NR archery hunters. I don't think they ever sold out. They are just dropping it from 5000 to 3000. Can you imagine what the hunting would be like in Kansas if they only allowed 3000 NR bowhunters? It would certainly make it easier for the Residents to find a place to hunt.

03-Jun-23
Originally it was supposed to be 1500 NR for Kansas.

03-Jun-23
Does nobody bowhunt Nebraska? I bought an archery tag without any worries two years ago, I assumed they were unlimited.

05-Jun-23
They sold out last year I believe. I just fo not understand why Kansas lags so far behind all these other states. We have been asking for years for a draw for Mule deer to ease the pressure on them some.

05-Jun-23
Man, this on the cusp of the worst draw year I've ever seen for kansas and NR tags doubling in 6 years in my home state of Oklahoma. Oklahoma and other states are in for some tough decisions.

05-Jun-23
Okla NR tags in 6 years.......doubling in quantity or price?

05-Jun-23
And some people are saying we’re losing a lot of hunters and that we need to recruit more…lol where we going to put em?

07-Jun-23
Crested butte, ...Doubling in quantity 2016 sold 8,000 2022 sold 16,000

....I believe we will break 20,000 this year. And that's Rifle, muzzie, and archery combined with a 2 buck limit and both guns seasons during the rut

07-Jun-23
OK needs to do something different…

07-Jun-23
Michael...thx for the clarity. At 20K NR permits, Okla is fast approaching the KS quota. Last year, KS NR permit quota was 22K and had close to 30K applicants. However, that is for the harvest of 1 buck. Scary to think if KS allowed a 2 buck harvest (like Okla.) among the 22K NR permit hunters.

08-Jun-23
Does Oklahoma have non resident landowner tags?

08-Jun-23
I have 2 buddies that are OK lifetime license holders; as far as I know, they still get free tags in the mail every year. Both live here in KS.

08-Jun-23
I am a holder of both OK and KS lifetime licenses. Glad to have multiple options if ever needed.

12-Jun-23
Jason as far as I know we do not currently have landowner or lease loopholes in oklahoma. I currently hold lifetime license in Kansas and Oklahoma both as well, living in wichita Kansas since 2018.

I Wildlife department estimates that approximately 51% of Oklahoma hunters carry a lifetime license. And yes it's completely free for me to hunt with very few exceptions. Exceptions being non-resident bear and I think the trout permit possibly some others.

I wish Oklahoma were more like Kansas, at least making lifetime license holders purchase the deer tags at resident pricing

• Sitka Gear