be still 25-Jun-23
One Arrow 25-Jun-23
Thornton 25-Jun-23
Catscratch 25-Jun-23
ksq232 25-Jun-23
bentstick54 25-Jun-23
Bwhnt 26-Jun-23
25-Jun-23
With permission from Dale's family, I am requesting prayers for Chief. As many on here have known him for years and he has probably killed more Booners using old school methods with a recurve on the ground or perched on a tree limb than anyone else on here. According to family, he has incurable metastatic cancer concerning his kidneys. I thought it would cheer him up if we could all offer positive words and prayers for his condition.

25-Jun-23
Thinking of you and the better days Dale, wIshed we would have hunted together back then

25-Jun-23
Sorry to hear this, but I know Dale is one of the toughest there is! Have always enjoyed hearing from him, and the knowledge he's brought to this forum, stay strong buddy!

25-Jun-23
Going to be praying for you Dale. I Know we have never met but I have grown to have a lot of respect for you through your posts.

25-Jun-23
Dale is honestly one of the main reasons I keep checking in on this site. I appreciate his straightforward approach and whenever I was moving towards traditional he sent me an awesome hand drawn design for a homemade quiver that I keep in my hunting journal. Might be the coolest “gift” I’ve ever received from someone I’ve never met.

Prayers for strength, comfort, and patience for both him and his family coming from SE Kansas.

25-Jun-23
I have corresponded with Chief a few times over the years, and always remembered every detail he spoke of. Back in 2011, I decided to hunt a big chunk of public just miles from my new farm. I was not seeing anything on my place that had any size, and I remembered Chief's stories. After hunting quite a bit on the public, and scouting. I reached out to him. I was surprised to learn some of his favorite spots were the exact locations I was already hunting. He told stories of a haunted, stone foundation way back in the hills that I had already hung a stand near, and I had decided prior to this I would not go in until the first crack of dawn due to the uneasy feeling it gave me. I also hunted the big hill and attempted a stalk on a 160" 10 point that ended in failure. Apparently. on that same hill, Chief had arrowed a 235" nontypical at 7 yards. It laid down and Chief waited, only to have his brother come noisily up the hill whistling a tune that caused the wounded buck to stand up and walk off, never to be seen again. Later, I missed a 190"s 6x6 on that very hill. Earlier in 2011 during a scouting run, I noticed a young, dumb fawn feeding next to the road. My then-wife, jumped out a scared it off so it wouldn't become camp meat for some nearby NR hunters. Years later, I wrote of it on here, and Chief immediately reached out and told me he was hunting under a big oak across the field from that fawn and saw the whole thing happen. Chief was also a pilot, and owned the exact same model of Piper I own, and told of stories flying around my home county. About 7 years ago Chief had a last hurrah and documented his late season bow hunting excursion back to his old stomping grounds. I reached out to him and picked his brain again to find out what sounded like a Sunday drive turned into a hunt later. He mentioned seeing a typical from the road he thought might be a contender with the WR and it gave him the urge to hunt again from what I could gather. Anyway, always liked his unapologetic blasting of the current state of affairs with the deer and the state and his vast knowledge of about everything.

25-Jun-23
Prayers for you Chief!

25-Jun-23
I have always appreciated your words Chief! Praying for you and your family.

25-Jun-23
I have always enjoyed Chiefs posts, and will be saying prayers for him and his family.

26-Jun-23
Dang it....I friggin hate cancer. I lost my Dad due to it. Hang in there man!

• Sitka Gear