Big Dog 21-Sep-23
ARLOW 21-Sep-23
MA-PAdeerslayer 22-Sep-23
05-Jul-23

Shawn's embedded Photo
Out in my rowboat!
Shawn's embedded Photo
Out in my rowboat!
Just got a call from the deep officer taking my case. She informed me the arrest has been made this morning and has a court date on the 19th! Thanks to everyone here who helped and gave me good info. Appreciate you all very much!

05-Jul-23
Yesssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!

05-Jul-23
That’s a relief. Hope whatever mental health issues he has will be addressed appropriately as part of the prosecution/sentencing. ‘Cuz there’s no way he belongs out there like that. Way past the “red flag” standard…

And if there’s really nothing wrong with his mental health (and he’s just basically a sphincter), then I hope he gets whatever sentence is needed to prevent any further issues….

Hope that you’re feeling more comfortable about getting out there this year… I think most people would want some time with a good PTSD therapist after something like that…

05-Jul-23

05-Jul-23
That's awesome Shawn!!!! You must feel a ton off your shoulders dude, good for you

05-Jul-23
What did they finally charge him with? Did he spend time in jail or did they let him walk?

05-Jul-23
Great to hear! Get an order of protection from this m*ron. Also hire a civil attorney and sue him for assault, battery, negligence & negligent infliction of emotional distress.

05-Jul-23
Or just be satisfied in seeing justice served and don’t take it out on his extended family….

Just a thought.

05-Jul-23
Glad to hear he was arrested, but without knowing the charge, it could turn out to be a nothingburger, and just something to clear the books for the police.

Personally I think he should, at least, surrender his guns till the matter goes through the court.

06-Jul-23

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/ocgv6RnEgTg

06-Jul-23
Glad to hear progress.

06-Jul-23
The guy is a timebomb

06-Jul-23
Glad to hear all is heading in right direction. It does sound like they may be some dementia starting and hopefully he gets the treatment he needs and you have peace out there now

10-Jul-23
Nice to hear. Let us know how it goes on the 19th. Are you going to be there as well?

11-Jul-23

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/smMUNsw6Iag

11-Jul-23
Be careful next season. Never know.

11-Jul-23
Now that you mention it…. It’d probably be a real good idea to find out the status of this guy before you hunt there again…

12-Jul-23
Smooth, good point. Left untreated this guy will revert back to the same behavior.

13-Jul-23
Guys to be honest even though I killed a doe and an eight point buck from this one stand it’s just not worth it to me. New property, new start. Probably will be another tough season but it is what it is. At least I’m here to enjoy it.

13-Jul-23
I get it. I had just one negative interaction (although minor compared to yours) and it soured my view of that spot permanently.

14-Jul-23
Shawn, good move that will assure a more enjoyable season.

16-Jul-23
Good luck with your season Shawn, I hope you will be rewarded with a nice buck

16-Jul-23
Good luck with your season Shawn, I hope you will be rewarded with a nice buck

20-Jul-23
Shawn, any update from the court case yesterday?

21-Jul-23
That's great Shawn!

23-Jul-23

Notme's Link
https://youtu.be/jT8osCzP1XI

23-Jul-23
Welcome to the darker side of not me (who thought that's possible) lol.....hey....on that note......hows BBB? Any sightings? Golf courses? Wine tasting? Cruising an endless highway in a eh eh Miata....to each their own I say

23-Jul-23
Hey, um, Soap… have you DRIVEN a Miata?? Those little things are a flippin’ hoot and a half!!!

I mean, I’m sure an automatic would take all the fun right out of it, but that manual is frickin SLICK!!!

Too bad that a car that makes you feel so much like a kid while you’re driving it… makes you feel like such a creaky old fart getting up put of it…

24-Jul-23

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Tall1 I did get a paper from the district attorney. Not sure exactly what it means but I’ll call and go from there.

24-Jul-23
Lol what a professionally written/typed paper from the state.

24-Jul-23
Shawn,

It may simply be a request for you input on how aggressively you want the State to pursue the case; absent any input from you it could come down to what kind of record this guy has (or doesn't have). I wouldn't want to risk him having a clean record and getting off very lightly; based on your story the hammer needs to come down hard on this guy.

Call asap and push for a fair outcome that keeps you (and any other hunter) safe.

Good luck!

24-Jul-23
Mike's pretty much right..the da wants your input on how you feel about the situation and how to resolve..they'll tell you he's an upstanding citizen with an elderly wife who he takes care of and putting him in jail would be detrimental to his failing heart.

If the guy was smart he would've talked to someone already and had his guns transferred over.. If you go monetary they'll say he lives on ssi with a meager pension..

He took a shot at you correct..assault with a firearm with intent,discharging a firearm within city limits,unlawful use of a firearm,threatening,hunter harassment. .was it even his gun? Probably a couple more habius corpses in there that I can't think of.

Put yourself in his shoes,what would happen to you? I Bet it wouldn't be pretty..

You said you had a signed permission slip.enough said,you have every right to be there no matter if the guy went temporarily bananas.

I'll guarantee you when it comes court time they'll take him off his meds,have him shuffle in like ozzy ..stick to your guns..good luck

24-Jul-23
Notme, oh how right you are.

24-Jul-23
Your wife, upon hearing the shot, thought he killed you.

24-Jul-23
The state wants to know whether you will aid in the prosecution of this ba$tard. Of course you should. Call the DA. While you’re at it, hire a civil attorney and sue him for everything you and your family are going through. Good luck!

24-Jul-23
Make sure to follow up in writing and save a copy for proof. I won’t tell you what to do, but know that they will push for a settlement or a reduction in charges when it’s all said and done so come in strong and expect them to try to negotiate with you and cut him a break. Remember that and remember what he did to you. Keep us posted Bud.

24-Jul-23
Misdemeanors, really… Google ct court case look up new London. Add his name….

Last, First: KURLANSKY STEVEN Represented By: 434409 ATTORNEY R BAIRD Birth Year: 1948 Times on the Docket: 2 Docket Information Docket No: K10K-CR23-0377784-S Arresting Agency: ENVIRONMENTAL CONSERVATION POLICE (DEP) Companion: Program: Arrest Date: 7/5/2023 Court: New London GA 10 Bond Amount: $30,000 (This case only) Bond Type: Nonsurety Miscellaneous: (Released From Custody) Activity: Pre-Trial Next Court Date: 8/24/2023 10:00 AM Current Charges Statute Description Class Type Occ Offense Date Plea Verdict Finding 53a-182 DISORDERLY CONDUCT C Misdemeanor 1 11/12/2022 Not Guilty 53a-183a HARASSMENT OF HUNTERS C Misdemeanor 1 11/12/2022 Not Guilty 23-4-1(f)(1) IMPROPER CONTROL OF PETS Infraction 1 11/12/2022 Not Guilty 53-203 ILL DISCHARGE OF FIREARM C Misdemeanor 1 11/12/2022 Not Guilty 53a-63 RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT 1ST DEG A Misdemeanor 1 11/12/2022 Not Guilty

24-Jul-23
Ya I was a little surprised they’re all misdemeanors. Especially the recklessness endangerment and illegal discharge of a firearm.

25-Jul-23
Many disturbed people who fly under the radar have a string of minor offenses before committing a major offense. This guy is bad news; he's already proven that he cannot change. Hunt somewhere far from him.

25-Jul-23
Same B'Day as me, Ill call him in December to wish him Happy Bday.

Steven B Kurlansky Lyme, CT He was born on 12/07/48 74 years old. 99 Town Woods Rd, Lyme, CT is where Steven lives. This address also has Patricia B Kurlansky (860) 434-8924 , (860) 434-8949.

28 acres abutting a State Forest - he must think he owns it all?

25-Jul-23
Ne that’s funny you say that. His old stands are clearly on state land so when it got taken over by the state he no longer could legally hunt there with his gun. Notme i didn’t have a signed slip it was state land.

26-Jul-23
Glad there's been progress. Good luck this season

28-Jul-23
Obviously the video will tell a different story. Good luck, hopefully this will not be drawn out. Did they take his guns away?

23-Aug-23
Wow Notme I think you called this one. Just got off the phone with the da. The most they’re doing is pulling his guns. They were talking anger management classes, taking his hunter Ed class again. This is crazy. Not what I was thinking at all.

23-Aug-23
This POS is politically connected and getting a slap on the wrist for putting your life at risk. Complete BS. Don’t forget your civil case against him and make him pay. Your attorney can make his life miserable for putting you & your family through hell.

23-Aug-23
Shawn, You and your family DEFINITELY deserve better. Don't let off the throttle.

23-Aug-23
Guys I’m definitely wanting to file a civil suit I just don’t know what to do. Never taken anyone to court before for anything.

23-Aug-23
Shawn, hire a local personal injury attorney. Google helps or referral from family/friend. If this SOB has private insurance, homeowners policy, etc you can collect! Get the ba$tard!

24-Aug-23
When they didn't immediately go to his house and haul him away in cuffs, there was something wrong. Sue him.

24-Aug-23
I've been following this thread and the original. What I have learned dealing with an ugly custody case is that you can basically get away with murder especially if you're a woman/mom. Sorry bud hopefully a civil case can help.

25-Aug-23
^^^ yeah, sounds like you've been following very closely, smh.

13-Sep-23
idk what brian m is shaking his head at...my point is that the laws and system isn't always fair and just. no matter the case. Haven't logged in for a while was hoping for an update on this...

13-Sep-23
Ain’t it funny how they impose more and more gun control on us but no big deal when someone breaks a gun law.

13-Sep-23
Sorry Matt, your name wasn't familiar and it sounded like you thought it was a custody case. I misunderstood your point.

14-Sep-23
I've been on bowsite since 2006 I don't usually post on the CT forum or much at all lately but you guys have an active forum and I read it often. No worries bud. Lets all focus on hunting season and hope no drama occurs for any of us!

14-Sep-23
Matt, Sounds like you're going through what a bunch of have gone through. Divorce is never easy, both sides always say "whatever is better for the kids" but only one side usually means it. It does get easier with time, and the alimony and child support payments eventually end (at least in CT). Then you'll have more money left for hunts, and kids old enough to take hunting with you!

The case that is being discussed here is sort of an example of everything wrong with the country right now: unequal application of the rules. The good news? Well the Bow season opens tomorrow, and we still live in the greatest country on earth, and we even still have a few of our rights and freedoms left!

Looks like a nice day weather for the opener. Good luck all, be safe!

18-Sep-23
Thanks for the kind words Ace. Don't mean to hijack this thread but luckily I never married her...just got a lunatic I hardly knew pregnant. Our son is a miracle though. I posted when he was born at 24 weeks gestation and under 2lbs. "Hakon Strong" He is almost 5 now and doing amazing but yes the courts have been very unfair to me. You are so right about the state of our country and unequal application of the laws and obvious lies that just get overlooked. I am excited for bow season like everyone else! Opening day in Ohio and Pa is the same day this year Sept 30th so I'll have to decide which state to hunt! Not a bad problem haha good luck to everyone and Shawn!

18-Sep-23
Matt, crazy in the head=wild in bed.

18-Sep-23
Just reading this thread. I feel like Info is definitely being left out.

19-Sep-23
And what info is that?

20-Sep-23
Was wondering that myself.....

21-Sep-23
So are the days of our lives

21-Sep-23
Ignore shooting 12's He is a troll that has had about 10 different previous handles on here

22-Sep-23
Think it’s 12 now Arlow. Hense the name.

Clown

• Sitka Gear