Mathews Inc.
Athens Archery?
New York
Contributors to this thread:
Kevin 10-Jul-23
SaddleReaper 12-Jul-23
Denali 04-Aug-23
10-Jul-23
Just wondering if any NY'rs have any info or experience with Athens Archery. I got a pop up ad for them, and looking into their bows, it's all American made AND veteran-owned company. Despite that, was hoping some of you east coasters might have personal experience with their bows and their customer service. I'm from California but will probably be visiting family in Rochester in summer 2024. Athens is in Henrietta, which is very close to my parents' place. Would consider picking up a new bow from them, assuming they have a good reputation. Thank you.

12-Jul-23

SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
SaddleReaper's embedded Photo
Kevin- it'll probably be pretty quiet here for responses. The NY forum isn't super lively as it is, and being that Athens is a smaller company with less market share and brand awareness compared to big names, chances are not too many (NY) bowsiters have shot or own one. With that said, even though Athens is one of the small bow companies, they have been in business since 09 and are here to stay. You will find a lot more information on them if you visit the "Athens Archery" brand specific forum on ArcheryTalk.

Full Disclosure- I'm the lead design engineer so if you ask my opinions... well, I can't call my own baby ugly :). Feel free to ask me questions though, and I'll do my best to answer them technically and unbiased.

Also, there isn't a walk-in type of store front at the Henrietta location. But if you remember and can get ahold of me, maybe we can work something out since you'll be in town. I know the dealer network isn't great on the west coast let alone in CA.

Side note: 2024 is gonna be a great year for what's coming down the pipe!

04-Aug-23
I got the chance to shoot one a little bit ago. I know the owner from my own past involvement in the archery industry, but just in passing. It is very difficult to find any revolutionary technology in any bow at present, so it is safe to say that choosing a poorly engineered design is difficult. Athens will give you a solid, no BS, craftsman experience in ownership. If you value craftsmanship, functionality, and personal service, then Athens is the only compound manufacturer who is not distracted with other categories in an archery portfolio of brands and still at a size where customer experience is a priority. I can say that if you know which features that you prefer in a bow, it is one of the few that you could purchase sight unseen and likely have a positive experience. I hope you get to shoot one when you come to NY.

• Sitka Gear