JohnMC 17-Jul-23
tradi-doerr 17-Jul-23
Glunt@work 18-Jul-23
Orion 18-Jul-23
KsRancher 28-Jul-23
Orion 28-Jul-23
KsRancher 28-Jul-23
13-Jul-23
Hello Gentlemen, I'll be traveling through Colorado in a couple of weeks and I'm a little confused about bringing my pistol. My home state of Okla dropped the requirement for concealed carry permit, so it hasn't been necessary to renew it (it's expired). If I have read correctly, I can still carry a loaded semi automatic or revolver in my vehicle but not on my person? Thanks in advance for any clarification, Gene

13-Jul-23
You can open carry but not in Denver County

13-Jul-23
You are correct. You can have a concealed handgun and it be loaded in your vehicle without a CCP. Technically you can open carry in CO but not the case in some cities.

14-Jul-23
Thank you both. Open carry won't be an issue. I'll be in traveling from the south east up to Jefferson County for a few days. Just wanted to make sure, Gene

17-Jul-23
It is a Colorado crime to have magazines with more than 15 rounds. Colorado gun magazines may hold a maximum of fifteen (15) rounds. Anything that holds more than 15 rounds is considered a large-capacity magazine (LCM), which is illegal in the state under CRS 18-12-302. up to $750 in fines.

17-Jul-23
Don't think it is a crime to have. You just can't buy/sell them. Even though if you leave wokeville to places like Weld county you can still buy them.

17-Jul-23
+1 JohnMC, Not illegal to own, just illegal to sell.

18-Jul-23
Not illegal to possess if you have owned it and maintained possession since prior to July 1, 2013.

18-Jul-23
Jordan is misinformed. Also if you leave the front range you can buy and sell them in pretty much any gun store in the rest of the state.

28-Jul-23
Can a person with a CCP have a loaded pistol on them while driving thru Denver and other cities?

28-Jul-23
Yes, and legally you dont need a concealed carry to conceal in your car as it is considered an extension of your home

28-Jul-23
Thanks.

• Sitka Gear