Quinn @work 13-Aug-23
tradi-doerr 13-Aug-23
Glunt@work 13-Aug-23
TheGreatWapiti 13-Aug-23
Matte 14-Aug-23
PushCoArcher 14-Aug-23
TheGreatWapiti 28-Aug-23
11-Aug-23
What b the horn growth situation? Have heard looks good.

11-Aug-23

JohnMC's embedded Photo
JohnMC's embedded Photo
The velvet coming off a lot of elk this week. One from the weekend. Maybe a little weak in the thirds.

11-Aug-23

TheGreatWapiti's embedded Photo
Pretty sure they are called antlers. This is about 22 days of growth.

11-Aug-23
Anyone know how the pronghorn in the Pawnee are doing? Heard winter wasn't bad east of I 25 like other areas of the state. Would think with the moisture it should be a good year.

11-Aug-23
John, I'd probably pass that one in an OTC unit due to weak thirds.

That's crazy how the bull in the second trail cam pic is walking around with velvet and 86 degrees on January 18. Must be one of the southern units?

12-Aug-23
Chad - The second pic was 18 days after I checked the cams on July 8th. The camera re-set the date to January 1st for some reason.?! Definitely 22 days apart. The 2nd pic would have been July 26.

12-Aug-23
Pawnee should be great. Had been getting pounded with moisture but also some significant hail. I haven't heard if there has been fawn mortality because of it.

13-Aug-23
Thegreatwapiti, Sorry my comment was tongue in cheek. :)

13-Aug-23
Was out in the Pawnee today, seen a couple really good bucks and Doe's with fawns. Lots of green still around but also LOTS of water everywhere.

13-Aug-23
Water holes could be tough the next couple weeks. They still can produce but some pronghorn would rather drink from a muddy hoof print.

13-Aug-23
No worries!! I actually appreciated that you looked close enough! PEACE

14-Aug-23
Really looking forward to another year of OTc. Hopefully get to burn some points next year. I get to take a first timer this year after 30 years of Elk hunting I am still as excited as always. Just hope the winter kill wasnt bad as some make it sound.

14-Aug-23
Thanks for the info guys. Jaq I heard about that my buddy who lives just outside FT Collins had his roof and truck totaled by the insurance after the hail.

28-Aug-23

He's all grown up!

• Sitka Gear