bowyer45 28-Aug-23
SlipShot 29-Aug-23
Jordan 30-Aug-23
Bent arrow 30-Aug-23
Winded 03-Sep-23
Longcruise 03-Sep-23
Stix 04-Sep-23
24-Aug-23
Just saw on channel 4 news. Wolverines next on the list. I have heard that a single wolverine can easily take out a wolf, so may not be so bad. Only problem is I also heard they can also easily take out people, but like to stay seclusive. LOL

24-Aug-23
I’ve never heard of a wolverine attacking a human and I don’t think it’s ever been documented. Wolverines have been reintroduced in Colorado before.

24-Aug-23
We had a collared one wander here and there are sightings but I'm not aware of any reintro in the past.

24-Aug-23
Wolverines haven't been reintroduced here before. You have a peer reviewed study for that flatlander?

24-Aug-23
I've seen a couple, one in the NWT crossing a divide and another in Alberta chasing a herd of bighorn ewes and lambs. Mean little shits, cool looking maybe 30 or 40 lbs. Never heard of one attacking a human or a woof. Cool animals, might be fun to have a few around. Kind of a big badger.

24-Aug-23
No flatlander, they weren't, CPW went with lynx instead of wolverines...

24-Aug-23
i seen two in Glenwood Canyon in 1969

24-Aug-23

cptbs's embedded Photo
cptbs's embedded Photo
They were in Colorado in the movie red dawn.

24-Aug-23
That was on this weekend. Roadhouse was on right after that. My sympathies to the the young guys who missed out on being a teenager in the 80s

24-Aug-23
I was wrong and stand corrected. I remember the plan to reintroduce under ESA Section 10j in 2013. I didn’t know the USFWS withdrew the plan in 2014.

But it would be nice to share the woods with them.

24-Aug-23
I seem to recall that dow put out baited cages to catch hair and they determined that we have/had wolverines.

When I was growing up in the UP one wandered into a nearby small town. The local dogs went nuts. The wolverine killed five dogs and then left town.

25-Aug-23
I think Boulder canyon is a perfect habitat for phase 1 release.

25-Aug-23

SlipShot's embedded Photo
My wife, sister, brother in-law and I saw a wolverine last year on Coffeepot road. Sent the info to CPW and they told us it was badger because "a wolverine would not be at that elevation". It was not a badger, but I'm not going argue with them.

25-Aug-23
I might have to call bullshit on what they told you. Both of the wolverines I have seen were at higher elevation than Coffee Pot. If it's a badger it's a whomper. Second pic kinda shows a hump like the other ones I saw had. Could be.

25-Aug-23
That ain't no badger!!

25-Aug-23
What's next, velociraptors????? sheesh

SS......that explains why there are no elk off Coffee Pot..........

25-Aug-23
I’m not sure the current CPW staff would even know the difference between a badger and wolverine.

26-Aug-23
Question is, if they are here why do they need "reintroduction?

26-Aug-23
"Question is, if they are here why do they need "reintroduction?"

Because the CPW is looking for new and innovative ways to spend your money!

26-Aug-23
There's a saying about some other species that applies to wolverines; " a lot of wolverines is not very many ". Maybe we are already at an ideal population!!

26-Aug-23
Was lucky enough to get a wolverine in the NWT in the 90s. Unfortunately left it with a Canadian taxidermist who disappeared.

When was a kid I was cutting firewood with my Dad near Red Feather and believe we saw a Fisher. Bigger than a Martin and a longer tail than a badger or wolverine.

28-Aug-23
Think I saw a fisher up here a couple years ago. We have river otters hammering the trout ponds below my place, too.

28-Aug-23
We see river otters every year on the Colorado. There is a big family on the river near Burns.

28-Aug-23
Yeah, I'm calling badger on that one Slipshot, wolverines have longer legs. I've seen badgers on Coffee Pot too, and all through the Flat Tops.

28-Aug-23
I heard that John Denver had released a pair many years ago.

29-Aug-23

SlipShot's Link
It was very difficult to capture the pictures, and they don't do it justice - it was a wolverine. It wasn't just a quick glance; it ran beside us and then in front of us for some time. I conducted extensive research before sending the pictures to CPW. The wolverine we saw had a longer tail and a rounder head compared to badgers. Moreover, this animal was exceptionally large, surpassing the typical size of badgers. Although I understand that hair color alone is not a definitive characteristic, I have yet to find a badger picture with the same coloration as the ones we captured.

One defining characteristic that isn't captured in the pictures is how it ran when it was beside us. It didn't lope; it ran similarly to the attached video.

30-Aug-23
LMAO at Brad...........zing!

30-Aug-23
Where they goin to get um? No one givin um wolves. These clowns need to move to cal.

03-Sep-23
A few years ago Colorado Outdoors had an article of wolverine sightings in remote areas of Rocky Mountain Park.

03-Sep-23
Is this issue being pressed by interest group(s)?

04-Sep-23
CPW is researching the issue.

• Sitka Gear