Bwhnt 29-Aug-23
Ace 29-Aug-23
Bwhnt 29-Aug-23
nehunter 29-Aug-23
Rackem 29-Aug-23
Big Dog 31-Aug-23
bb 05-Sep-23
24-Aug-23
Anyone have any plans for this year out of state hunts or hunts other than whitetails ? I myself usually take a trip to Illinois some years but I think this year I’m gonna be running around some Ohio public land for a week or so other than that just hang and hunt all over Ct public.

Good luck this year we are getting close !

24-Aug-23
Got 12 stands within a few minutes drive (some a short walk) of my home." Sometimes what you can walk to is all you need". Fact is , I can't travel anymore so these spots are a blessing. Good luck to all who have planned hunting trips.

24-Aug-23
Got a bear hunt in 10 days - going to Maine for few days bow season and hunt CT the rest of the year

24-Aug-23
Yeah I hear you. I figure while I’m still young and can do it I will try different areas. I also just enjoy the trip and being around other hunters. Just a cool experience !

24-Aug-23
The last two seasons have been hard for me due to health issues and conflicting interests. This season I just wanna get out there and take a deer, any deer, brown it's down and as many times as I can. I'm facing a decision for next February to have my broken shoulder (AC joint) fixed.

25-Aug-23
I’m going home for a couple weeks; lot of family visiting, but I’m looking at an Elk tag and probably a bear tag because bears are going real cheap these days. DOW wants ‘em gone like the deer managers want deer gone here, and my brother thinks a spot & stalk hunt or calling set-up is more likely to get me a bear than an Elk….

Then maybe I can wangle an invite from a BIL who has acquired a few dozen acres in VA — maybe go see them around Thanksgiving or something. Just a couple deer down that way….

So as much as I’d like for it to be otherwise, the trip home is likely not going to be a hunting trip, first and foremost. Mom’s 91 and I haven’t laid eyes on her in a couple years now and that was at my nephews wedding, so it’s not like we had time to visit much.

25-Aug-23
I’m hunting CT early season and then going to PA for a week to 10 days the first week of November. I’ll probably sprinkle in Rhode Island and maybe Mass or NY if I can.

25-Aug-23
I’m on the surplus list for a Montana general elk tag. However, just accepted a job out there close to Missoula. So, Montana will be permanent hunting place. We’ll see about getting that elk tag, possibly some whitetail tags, and maybe a black bear tag. This year may be a little slow for me hunting but next year will be awesome I’m sure. Antelope, mulies, elk, whitetails, bears, etc. Can’t wait.

25-Aug-23
Congrats on landing a job hope it work out well for you

25-Aug-23
I hear Nehunter will be hobbling up in the Maine woods. Lol, Sorry Steve, couldn't resist.

Just homegrown whitetails for me.

25-Aug-23
All very cool stuff. I’m pumped to get out there looking like a great acorn year which hopefully helps a lot ! Always had my best encounters in early season on a nice oak flat with water nearby.

25-Aug-23
Also has anyone heard anything about public land hunting on Sunday this year ? Wasn’t there a lot of stuff going on with it in the off season

25-Aug-23
Also has anyone heard anything about public land hunting on Sunday this year ? Wasn’t there a lot of stuff going on with it in the off season

25-Aug-23
Hahahaha good one. Sunday hunting on state land… not in this liberal state unfortunately.

25-Aug-23
Go opening afternoon come home with deer. 7 ptr .

28-Aug-23
Been a busy year already and it's not going to slow down. I did a Bear hunt in New Brunswick in June, a bow hunting trip to RSA in July. Early- Mid Sept will be for deer in CT, early bear in NY and late Sept MD for Sika. Oct Nov and Dec is birds and more deer in CT and NY. Maybe NY for bear too. Plus I just bought a Fishing Kayak so there are many lakes I still have on my list to explore ... Does anyone here fish for Kokanees in CT?

28-Aug-23
Ace did you get to try out the cart?

28-Aug-23
Ace, where is RSA ?

28-Aug-23
Kokanees? Pretty easy trolling for them down iranastan Ave down in bridgeport..after midnight are your best chances..lol

28-Aug-23
Steve we dragged 2 bears in the cart, (but more around camp, not in the woods), a 200 pounder and a 300, it works great. I hope to use it on a bunch of deer this fall. Big Dog, RSA is the Republic of South Africa.

28-Aug-23
I am going to try to get a hog and maybe a deer with my crossbow here in Louisiana.I will be in CT at the end of September for my son's wedding but probably will not be doing any hunting on that trip. If I can work it out, I would like to get up to New Hampshire in November to visit with my brother and hunt in the old familiar big woods behind the family camp. It's been several years since I have hunted there and I would love to get out there and smell the pines, roam around and visit some of my old spots where I have taken deer in the past.

28-Aug-23
Ace, good luck hunting in the Dark Continent

28-Aug-23
Ace, Are you going to MD with an outfitter? I would be interested to hear the details from you afterward. There are a few of us talking about that trip.

29-Aug-23
Sounds like he already went to Africa? What did you get? Inquiring minds want to know

29-Aug-23
Brian, I hunt there for Sika pretty much every year. We used to go with Muddy Marsh, their hunting is great, the accommodations not so much. Now we go to a place called Twin Willows, nice house to stay in, but honestly I think the place is over hunted, especially during rifle and MZ, so a LOT of spikes and hinds (females). Sika are really tough with a bow, almost totally nocturnal and very jumpy. Still, it's a fun cheap hunt for delicious little elk that you really can't hunt anyplace else.

Africa was GREAT, we got a good deal on a (short 5 day) hunt that a buddy bought at a RMEF dinner. Despite some bad weather and not particularly bow friendly set ups, I shot a good Kudu and an Impala. My girlfriend took a Gemsbok and a big Warthog. It's a great place and I'm planning a return trip next summer, they promise to have much better Bow set-ups. Heck even Pop up blinds would work over some of the waterholes.

29-Aug-23
Awesome! I would love to have a warthog skull!

29-Aug-23
Thanks Brian, I hope I can at least "Hobble" in 26 days.

I had to cancel my NB Bear hunt and no CT till maybe Mid October. Then watch out Kentucky, two weeks in November. I'm going to have an itchy trigger finger.

29-Aug-23
Striper fishing in Maine this weekend. Hunt when I can on the weekends. A fly fishing trip on the Henry's Fork in Idaho. Then back for the rest of bow season.

31-Aug-23

05-Sep-23
Ace, How doable do you think a DIY hunt is down there? Access?

• Sitka Gear