Coondog 04-Sep-23
Corax_latrans 04-Sep-23
Big Dog 04-Sep-23
31-Aug-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Kayuga Pilot Cut
Blood's embedded Photo
Kayuga Pilot Cut
With a little over two weeks until the season, let’s see what everyone is thinking of for broadhead choices.

I’ve been a Slick Trick user for over 20 years and love those heads. And this year I’m going rogue with a new head for a few reasons. Good luck to all and shoot straight this fall.

31-Aug-23
I used slick tricks forever! I use grim reaper now with the x bow. A lot more blood.

31-Aug-23
Blood. that looks medieval. I'm shooting Black Hornet Ser Razor.

31-Aug-23
Slick tricks

31-Aug-23
Shooting both Schwacker and grim reaper they both shoot/ group well for my set up

31-Aug-23
Grimm Reaper Whitetail Specials

31-Aug-23
Blood I like the looks of that head. What is width?

31-Aug-23
QAD Exodus

31-Aug-23
ST 125

31-Aug-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
They are just under 1 3/16” from what I measured. Plus they have interchangeable bleeders. I have the 7/8” in right now. All single bevel.

31-Aug-23
Grim Reaper razorcut and whitetail specials

31-Aug-23
WASP

31-Aug-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
No idea what that pic is. Let’s try again.

31-Aug-23
Zwicky 125. I may try a slick trick on my new carbons.

31-Aug-23

nehunter's Link
#toothofthearrow

31-Aug-23
blood, nice collars on your arrows. Everyone should be shooting those half-in-half outs if they aren't already. GAME CHANGER!

01-Sep-23
yes I like the wasp's made here in Connecticut - Fly very true and do the job as long as I do mine

01-Sep-23
I used to try new things every year. Often had two types in the quiver at the same time. But at the end of the day, Muzzy 3 blade always is bad to the bone.

01-Sep-23

Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Keepin’ it Old Skool with Ace Standards; 1 3/16” wide and 3 stout layers of steel in the tip. Just need to settle on my final weight for point + adapter but pretty sure I’ll land on 235 gr for both the Primary and back-up. Fortunately, I have 2 ways to get there, so I should have plenty of Booollitts…

02-Sep-23
I shot wasp broadheads for years- 2 seasons ago tried Schwacker and grim reaper. They actually group tighter than wasp. All decent broad heads- I never reuse broad head or arrow after I shoot a deer / turkey. They go into practice bucket.

02-Sep-23
“ I never reuse broad head or arrow after I shoot a deer / turkey”

Now I’m trying to remember how many head of various big-game species Chuck killed with a single, super-slam aluminum…

I have a few damaged/ruined heads and shafts which I have kept as souvenir/trophy items, but Good Gear should never HAVE TO be single-use….

02-Sep-23
Rage to the cage.

02-Sep-23
I recently bought some Montecs but I’m Still using Slick Tricks, I have heard the newer ones are crappy metal since the sale, but I have a bunch of left over replacement blades and maybe 5 or 6 ferrules. They fly well, they kill stuff and they leave good blood trails. I tend not to overthink broad heads.

03-Sep-23
Ace, elk hunters give 4blade Black Hornets excellent reviews. I've had good arrow flight and blood trails with them. And they have been bone breakers. Just sayin'

03-Sep-23
Rage2"nc

03-Sep-23
I'm with Corax, if arrow is still straight, and broadhead not bent, they go back into the quiver. Junk gear goes into recycling or fire pit.

03-Sep-23
I too never use a broad head twice. Not sure about the comments about gear being crap but I figure why chance it. Just a slight bend in the ferrule could cause all sorts of flight problems. I know I can spin test them and I do but I also know that I have a job and can afford a new package of 3. Heck I usually only shoot one arrow per season anyway. Call me crazy but $40-$50 is worth brand new equipment.

03-Sep-23
Blood what made you switch? Your the one who got me into Slick tricks!

03-Sep-23
agree with LB

03-Sep-23
Shawn, no real reason other than I wanted to try something that would break heavy bone, should I hit it. So I’m trying the single bevel with the bleeders. Looking forward for seeing what they do.

I still love the magnum Slick Tricks. They pop a big hole and do some damage.

03-Sep-23
Nothing beats a rage to the cage. Proven year after year

03-Sep-23
Rage!

03-Sep-23
Montec M3 for me the past two seasons and no complaints.

Agree with Longbeard. After they fly through a deer and into the dirt they become a practice head. .

03-Sep-23
Why use broadhead ferrules made out of aluminum? Steel is my #1 choice, aluminum is for beer cans.

03-Sep-23
Stainless Sleeve on mine.

03-Sep-23
I have had several pass thrus on shoulders with rage 2”. RAGE TO THE CAGE

04-Sep-23

Coondog's embedded Photo
Coondog's embedded Photo
Iron Will single bevel deep six 125 grain

04-Sep-23
You’re not Wrong, Rich!

But if it spins true and hits in the same spot to the best of/better than my ability, I guess I’m good with that.

It’s also probably different with multiple bows to feed, each with its own requirements…. If you have a 100-grain head that you’re happy with and you expect to be able to keep shooting 100 grains ‘til you hang it up, I suppose there’s no downside to the gradual accumulation of good gear, even it the make & model might vary a bit. If it all works…. it all works.

;)

04-Sep-23
Coondog, it looks like it might just work !! LOL, Looks like a bone breaker for sure.

• Sitka Gear