Bwhnt 12-Sep-23
Grate-ful-draw 12-Sep-23
longbeard 12-Sep-23
Woodsnut 13-Sep-23
Big Dog 13-Sep-23
CTBobcat 13-Sep-23
Corax_latrans 13-Sep-23
12-Sep-23
Any one going out opening day in the morning ? If so what does your early season morning setup look like?

12-Sep-23
Deer have been there too early to hunt the morning so unless things change I will go early afternoon. Ladder stand same please I was last year early season. There are 3 bucks that if I get the chance will shoot. Mainly after an older 7, but if the 8s come by might be temped . Might do a live hunt on here. But can’t move much from this stand.

12-Sep-23
Dank, I have 12 stands up mainly for family but I hunt them too. My problem , if you call it that, is every stand is in a good rut spot. If I hunt early season I must be prepared to possibly burn a buck spot; so, I'll hunt the stand that has the most does with hopes of taking one early on. At this point I physically can no longer hunt mobile or that would have been my first choice . I'll rely on trail cam info as to time of day and place. Can't miss opening day . We get only so many.

12-Sep-23
Not yet. Afternoon hunts the first week unless my cameras show something special. I’ve always done better in the afternoon the first week to week and a half until they change their summer patterns.

12-Sep-23
Yeah I love watching the sun come up on opening morning! I have a pre hung spot on some private but I'm just never sure where the deer will be in the morning they kind of could be any where might hold off in there till the afternoon and hunt some public in the am. Seems like the deer kind of wander all over thru the woods and then eventually end up laying down in this river bottom area. Just don't wanna blow em all out.

12-Sep-23
I'll be hunting CT on Friday. Likely one piece of public in the AM and switch to different public property in PM, unless things seem promising in the AM. Only buck I have on camera is a 10pt but not since 9/4.

12-Sep-23
Dank, lol. Sun coming up with a full canopy of leaves, sweating, hot, humid September with mosquitoes everywhere. I like crispy November sunrises during the rut. Good luck to all those who have a deer under them Friday!

12-Sep-23
Ahhh blood sounds like heaven...

12-Sep-23
From mosquito bite to frost bite all in one season. Gotta luv it.

12-Sep-23
Hey Blood you forgot the ticks!!

12-Sep-23
Good luck to all. Love following the live hints from work. Hoping the wind stays light enough to hunt Saturday.

12-Sep-23
I very rarely get up to hunt mornings anymore. I guess you get lazier with old age. Now if this were Turkey season I’d be up and out every day!! ??

13-Sep-23
I enjoy morning hunts the most- listen to everything wake up. Birds- squirrels. Besides if get a deer. No tramping thru woods at dark trying to follow blood trail, etc.

13-Sep-23
LB, Old age comes at a bad time, doesn't it ? ...LOL ...besides 39 isn't old

13-Sep-23

CTBobcat's embedded Photo
CTBobcat's embedded Photo
Damn CT bears. Want to see a buck, not a bear Friday

13-Sep-23
“From mosquito bite to frost bite all in one season. Gotta luv it.”

That’s the beauty of high altitude— you can do that in a DAY! ;)

• Sitka Gear