Shoot’n 12’s 20-Sep-23
soapdish 20-Sep-23
soapdish 20-Sep-23
Shoot’n 12’s 20-Sep-23
Tall 1 20-Sep-23
Notme 20-Sep-23
Rackem 20-Sep-23
20-Sep-23
So today is my birthday......ty for the kind wishes. My first morning out and was hoping for a birthday buck. I pull into the field where I park and 20 yards in front is a doe. I shut off my truck/lights. Get my gear and spray myself down. I turn the lights back on and she's still there. Good thing I'm not a poacher. I find my way to my new stand in the dark...and actually found it. While waiting I had to pee..so I did. It was pretty quiet for some time then I see a flicker. Some does making their way to me. Then one stops. Yep, I assume that she smelled my pee. They blow and back off and kept milling around for 40 minutes or so (there ended up being 5). The closest they got was 60 yards until they finally ventured off. I'm going to give one until 9:30 to come into range.

20-Sep-23
soap ,happy birthday, Did you eat asparagus last night ? That will put an odor in urine.

20-Sep-23
good start!!! good luck!

20-Sep-23
Great morning! Happy Birthday too

20-Sep-23

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo
Did it look like this when you pulled in...lol..Happy birthday Bud!!! GL!!!

20-Sep-23

Notme's embedded Photo
Notme's embedded Photo

20-Sep-23
Happy Birthday!!

20-Sep-23
Ty Just about, but broadside Update. They didn't smell me. One picked me out of the tree. She was looking at me like I was in a hallway. Elevation wise I looked about five feet off of the ground from her perspective. Rookie mistake. Not many good trees to choose from. Naturally open area with thin trees and crooked ones. So I moved my stand but will need to wait until next week. My new string blew apart when I discharged the bolt. Ugh

20-Sep-23
if there aren't good tree's to pick don't hunt there. Or get in a ground blind. The big bucks don't often move in daylight in open timber. So the places I want to hunt and thick and trees have plenty of surrounding cover to hide in. --- Just a thought. Good luck.

20-Sep-23
Soap, There's a good bow hunter 6'8" tall ,280 lbs, hunts out of a saddle, usually hunts 9 ' off the ground and is a renown big buck killer.He is on YouTube pod casts and talks about this. Wish I could remember his name ; first name might be Erik. Claims when deer look up their angle of vision goes right past 9' to the 15-25ft area in a tree. I've heard Cody D'Aquisto (Lone Wolf Custom Gear) also say this and he hunts low. Maybe you don't have to hunt high in a lot of cases. Just sayin'.

20-Sep-23
I like getting up there. I think I blend into the background better, keeps my scent above the deer but gives you a poor angle to shoot. Max I’ll go is 24’.

20-Sep-23
Usually I pick trees with a good back drop. This is a small area between thick cover and a bedding area about 50yards in diameter. When I went to where I was busted from, it looked like I was 4' off of the ground when I was about 11'.

20-Sep-23
Usually I pick trees with a good back drop. This is a small area between thick cover and a bedding area about 50yards in diameter. When I went to where I was busted from, it looked like I was 4' off of the ground when I was about 11'.

20-Sep-23
Learnt da hard way.

20-Sep-23
Happy Birthday! They were just blowing out your candles!

20-Sep-23
Might have been blowing birthday kisses,unless they were walking away then they might have been farting.....hmmmmm I wonder..wish I had a bag of twizzlers like in the commercial..lol

20-Sep-23
Happy birthday soap. Hopefully it was good.

• Sitka Gear