KHunter 21-Sep-23
Ursman 18-Oct-23
Orion 18-Oct-23
Ursman 18-Oct-23
samman 26-Oct-23
whipranger 26-Oct-23
samman 27-Oct-23
20-Sep-23
For those who retained their archery pronghorn tags in unit 3 wondering just how bad it was or not given the winter kill? Would assume it was a tough hunt.

Driving through 201 recently on way to an out of state hunt was downright depressing. One pronghorn spotted

20-Sep-23
That is a bummer on 201. Taking the neighbor kid up Rifle hunting (doe tag) on the 7th. How far into 201 did you go?

21-Sep-23
I simply drove north through Irish Canyon on into Wyoming.

18-Oct-23
Your right. It was shocking to see the difference of game numbers between previous years and this year. I have hunted the same private ranch for the last ten years. Where l would see 75 to 90 deer a day, this year maybe 8 to 10. It’s going to take many years for the game to recover, if ever.

18-Oct-23
Samman no offense but CPW had no business issuing doe tags. It shows they manage for the money and not the resource

18-Oct-23
Given the prediction of a servere winter kill and the resulting numbers of deaths, CPW should have not have issued any tags for the area. And they shouldn’t this season either. That’s my 2 cents!

26-Oct-23
Not sure about unit 3, but in 201 we saw quite a lot of pronghorn around. Probably not as many as we saw last year, but still a fair amount. They did cut the tags in that area for does from 25 down to 10 during the rifle season. Granted we only scouted about an hour the night before opening & got into a herd he shot a doe by 8 am opening day.

26-Oct-23
My dad got a tag that someone turned in. He went up a few days before and scouted putting on 843 miles and saw probably 60 antelope total. He’s know the unit extremely well and was very disappointed. He saw 3 bucks bigger that 6” and ended up getting the 2nd biggest he had seen. It was like a 11 1/2 -12”.

27-Oct-23
That is true. As for larger bucks, I did not see any in 201. We did see quite a few bigger bucks last year when I had a doe tag.

• Sitka Gear