Big Dog 24-Sep-23
Mtman 24-Sep-23
Dr. Deer 25-Sep-23
Big Dog 25-Sep-23
steve 25-Sep-23
Bwhnt 25-Sep-23
Brian M. 25-Sep-23
24-Sep-23
Has anyone else seen bucks chasing does? I shot a six point yesterday after watching him chase a doe aggressively for 100 yards. Seems very early for any rut or pre-rut activity.

24-Sep-23
Has anyone else seen bucks chasing does? I shot a six point yesterday after watching him chase a doe aggressively for 100 yards. Seems very early for any rut or pre-rut activity.

24-Sep-23
The Does can't go into the estrus phase this early. The fawns wouldn't survive being born in late winter.

Your witnessing young immature horny Bucks feeling they're oats and chasing Does. If you only got laid once a Year, you would try to get a piece a little early too.

24-Sep-23
Congrats on the buck. Any pics or story?

24-Sep-23
Weird yesterday I had two mature does come by the cam at 233 pm . 3 minutes later a nice 8 point rite on their tail

24-Sep-23
I've heard similar reports as well

24-Sep-23
Early rut this year was predicted. Ya think it'll happen ?

24-Sep-23
I’ve seen a lot of scrapes I’ve never seen this kind of activity so early

24-Sep-23

Sherwood Shooter 76's embedded Photo
Sherwood Shooter 76's embedded Photo
I had been sitting out in the rain for three hours without much activity and was about to call it a day an hour before sunset when I heard some crashing through heavy brush off to my left. A doe came bolting out and into the stream I was setup next to with a buck right on her tail grunting while he chased her. She then took off up the ridge on the far bank and the buck stopped in the stream and munched on some bank side vegetation for 15 minutes but I didn’t have a shot through all the growth. Finally he came walking out of the stream and up the bank giving me a nice broadside shot at 21 yards. I gave him a grunt, he stopped, and I took the shot. He kicked hard, crossed back across the stream, and ran about 30 yards up the ridge and dropped. Was a nice clean heart shot, great way to start off the fall season.

25-Sep-23
He's a yearling buck. 1 1/2 years old. The human equivalent of a teenager. Teenagers do weird stuff. I don't think the behavior you observed had any significant meaning in the biological sphere. Just animals acting goofy. The doe he was chasing may have been his sister, as dispersion of bucks has not happened yet. As alpha maternal does begin estrous, they kick the young bucks out of the family group and they go wandering. It's a risky time for them (October-December) and a lot get killed by us or non-hunters (cars).

25-Sep-23
Sherwood ,congrats on a nice shot on a good eating deer. Way to go !

25-Sep-23
congratulations! !

25-Sep-23
Great shot! Garlic butter it is!

25-Sep-23
Good job Sherwood

• Sitka Gear