Swamp_Donkey 03-Oct-23
deerstalker 03-Oct-23
Tall 1 03-Oct-23
Corax_latrans 03-Oct-23
Shawn 03-Oct-23
Corax_latrans 04-Oct-23
Shawn 04-Oct-23
28-Sep-23
I’ve never seen fishing like I got into this Spring; my only regret is that I didn’t get out there earlier and enjoy more of it!

So in the interest of Not Missing Out…

Can we set up a Fishing Report for the days when there’s not enough time (or private property) to hunt?

I’m mostly limited to fishing from shore in the SW corner, though I have a belly-boat that I’m planning to put to some use.

And if there’s good inland fishing in any of the rivers, I’m always interested in chucking some flies….

28-Sep-23
I always fished and hunted. The older I get the more I enjoy fishing from my yak. Both salt and fresh water. Never keep any but sure do enjoy

28-Sep-23
I heard the Farmington is picking up. I have not fished it. Just passing the word

28-Sep-23
They started all the fall trout stockings this past week. I’ll have some salt water reports too. They are already hammering the bass and blues in RI surf right now.

28-Sep-23
blues and strippers are starting to run

28-Sep-23

Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
Corax_latrans's embedded Photo
So when Strippers start running, aren’t those technically Streakers??

I’m pretty psyched about getting some good fish on flies this year. Stockers don’t do much for me; caught that big one last Spring, but it didn’t put up small fraction of the fight that I got from this 16” Cutbow….

Amazing what a difference it makes when they stay in the river a while..

28-Sep-23
Local surf fished really well last weekend in the nasty weather the northeast blow had the fish all fired up

29-Sep-23
CL, I like 'em when they stay in the frying pan a while ,LOL. Have a good time.

29-Sep-23
Just getting up to Champlain now. Fall bite should be on el Fuego

02-Oct-23
I just checked the stocking report; nothing doing down this way yet, but maybe we’ll get lucky and there’ll be some Sunday afternoon entertainment for a few weeks…..

I think I really need the practice! Meanwhile, maybe the salt will pick up soon?

02-Oct-23
Stripers move when the monarchs move.

02-Oct-23
That sounds like one of those things that gets dismissed very quickly as an old wives’ tale because people don’t stop and think for a minute, but it makes total sense that they would be on pretty much the same triggers, whether it’s moon, weather or photoperiod…..

And I saw a Monarch the other day, so there’s that. Glad I’ve got a good planting of Montauk Daisies to bring those Monarchs in where I won’t miss them…

Thanks for the heads-up. Fish don’t migrate where I come from……

03-Oct-23
Anyone seeing any Albies in the western LIS yet? They keep cancelling a Tuna Trip I'm booked on out of New London. They have been catching Yellowfins pretty close this year, hoping to get one more trip in to jig some up!

03-Oct-23
ACE. My son been catching Albies - every were from Narragansett Ri - old saybrook. All close to shoreline

03-Oct-23
It was on fire western sound - blues and stripers - birds working- much fun

03-Oct-23
Where, more precisely, in “western sound”?

03-Oct-23
Western Sound (Greenwich) is on fire right now. It shouldn't be hard to catch right now. Stripers and blues only. Go early in the morning and follow bait and birds. Match what is being eaten. Albis will be following shortly. Not yet though. Last year they were around at this time. Caught slightly east of Norwalk on September 21, 2022. Excited to start spearing blackfish soon.

03-Oct-23
Hope that helps Corax. PM me if you need more info.

03-Oct-23
Corax - Swamp-Donkey is right on with his info. Between Greenwich to Fairfield that I know of, probably other locations also.

03-Oct-23

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
I haven’t been to the Sound in a while but one of my local farm ponds coughed up a solid largie for me last week. I snipped the old line from her vent and she kicked off strong.

03-Oct-23
I’ll have to rummage through the hardware and see what I’ve got…. It’s tougher from shore, though….

03-Oct-23

Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Shawn's embedded Photo
Slamming them out of the backyard. Caught a 28 1/2 and a 27 the past two days. Both on my second cast!

04-Oct-23
Awesome! What are they eating?

04-Oct-23
I’m using swim baits…

• Sitka Gear