Toonces 02-Oct-23
Blood 02-Oct-23
Toonces 02-Oct-23
Blood 04-Oct-23
air leak 07-Oct-23
29-Sep-23

Dr. Williams's Link

29-Sep-23
Lots of them in the NE, but maybe it just seems like it because there were NONE last year.

29-Sep-23
LMFAO. Did I say LMFAO. Acorns galore this fall. It’s awesome. Deer are going be everywhere just cruising to eat. Private land guys that have agriculture to hunt over will not be happy in November.

30-Sep-23
More than last year in area I hunt - but yet to see any deer!!

30-Sep-23
I’ve seen plenty in norfolk Colebrook area none out near Salisbury

30-Sep-23
only seen hickory nuts so far

30-Sep-23
Been seeing lots of hickories too and acorn producing oaks here and there.

02-Oct-23
4a is strange one place has some reds and white oaks are still raining acorns. You go across the street there's zero acorns. Another spot a mile away is absolutely barren of acorns. Then another is white oak central

02-Oct-23
Haven't seen much in CT, but hunted 3N (Putnam County) NY yesterday for bow opener and i saw more acorns on the ground than ever since 2016.

02-Oct-23
Strange year so far. I have walked parcels with none and five miles down the road there are a ton. Feast or famine.

02-Oct-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Yup. Loaded.
Blood's embedded Photo
Yup. Loaded.
So there was a late freeze that killed a bunch of blossoms in April/May. But I didn’t think it hit CT that hard. That would be the #1 reason some areas in the North might not have nuts. Otherwise.

All my spots are absolutely full of acorns. Can’t walk anywhere without seeing them. The deer are going have 3” of back fat on them this fall.

02-Oct-23
That is interesting. The spot where I found none was at higher elevation and is usually few degrees cooler there than in the valley.

04-Oct-23
I’ve seen more deer in my time out this year than I did for almost the whole season last year.

07-Oct-23
I hit my Litchfield spot last evening. I saw very few acorns.. WTF

My neighbor's tree is dropping, the road looks like marbles, the golf course is loaded.

Heavy rain is coming. I need to change the batteries in my Warren spot later today, and put out another camera.

I won't hunt in the rain. Not taking a chance of losing a blood trail..

• Sitka Gear