Rut Nut 04-Oct-23
horsethief51 04-Oct-23
Jeff Durnell 04-Oct-23
horsethief51 06-Oct-23
horsethief51 06-Oct-23
huntinelk 23-Oct-23
Rut Nut 23-Oct-23
30-Sep-23
Ya ya, I know. Special regs kicked off two weeks ago. Couldn’t make it out this AM, will be out this afternoon.

So…what did everyone see this morning?

30-Sep-23
I was probably only in tree for an hour when a four point walked down the hill, stopped at the licking branch in front of me and raked the leaves with his head and face. He then found my scent trail that lead to my ladder where he sniffed and licked the ladder. He fed on acorns a little bit then walk off down over the hill. I will post the tactacam vid tomorrow.

This afternoon was boring until almost 6 PM, but then I had 8 does hanging around until I got down just before dark. At one point 3 does ran by my stand within 10 yards. Another suck up behind me on my left, put her head thru the rungs of my ladder sniffing it then she walked away. Got that on camera too.

30-Sep-23
Kicked 1 up Goin in this afternoon 30 yards from my tree... nothing else ...

30-Sep-23
Saw three this evening. Spike and two rack buck. Checked my trail cams, pretty decent buck walked past my one stand at 7:13 this morning. All in all I was pretty happy with what I saw. First hunt on new property.

30-Sep-23
Saw three this evening. Spike and two rack buck. Checked my trail cams, pretty decent buck walked past my one stand at 7:13 this morning. All in all I was pretty happy with what I saw. First hunt on new property.

01-Oct-23
Seen more than a dozen, had 11 under the tree at 1 time. 4 bucks too. Pinned down no shots.

01-Oct-23

horsethief51 's Link
Here is the little buck link.

01-Oct-23
Perry & Dan know the view.

01-Oct-23
Pushed 3 out of the alfalfa field on the farm road in the morning. Had 4-5 inside of 30 yards in the afternoon but no shots

02-Oct-23

mattandersen's embedded Photo
Got out for an afternoon sit Saturday. Have several really nice bucks I've been watching all summer in 2A. Hunting along a fence row with a food plot with clover and turnips about 200 yards south of the stand I selected. Across fence where I have permission as well are strips of corn, buckwheat and beans. I decided to tickle the antlers and to my surprise I saw a nice rack coming through the corn! Not sure which buck it was but knew it was a good buck I got ready. Out popped a very nice 8 that needs another year in my opinion. He never got closer than 60 yards anyways. It's very open where I'm hunting but he circled downwind anyways. Never got my wind thankfully. Then he bedded down in the field right at dark between my truck and I. I howled and got him moving along. Saw 2 other nice buck way out and 2 doe. Great first sit. Attached is a trail cam pic of him and a cell pic I took.

02-Oct-23

huntinelk's embedded Photo
huntinelk's embedded Photo
Cody's first day doe.

02-Oct-23
Keep at it Matt. Way to go Cody. I had a nice sit in a blind this morning, but no deer movement.

02-Oct-23
It was pretty warm here all afternoon so I stayed in to celebrate Kathy's birthday. Back at it in the morning. Hoping this is one of those years I don't have a shot until the last day. Unless its a bear.

02-Oct-23
Congrats to Cody!!

02-Oct-23
Good job Cody!!

02-Oct-23

Huntinggal2009's embedded Photo
Adam and his 1st Day doe.
Adam and his 1st Day doe.
George drove us to our stands. Sort of like the hay ride, without hay.
George drove us to our stands. Sort of like the hay ride, without hay.
Congrat's Cody! Saturday evening Amy came over and she went in a blind, and I was in a ladder stand. Had twin fawn come in around 6:30 and browse below my stand. I was all ready for big momma, but she skirted in behind me while the fawns pinned me down. I stood at the ready for over 30 min. OMG my hip killed me on the climb down & for the 2 days since. Patty's hubby Adam shot a big doe Sat. evening.

02-Oct-23
Congratulations Cody.

04-Oct-23
Good job Cody and Adam!

Sounds like the “Huntin’ gals” are getting pampered! ;-)

Can’t wait to get back in a stand this weekend!

04-Oct-23
A fox ran under my stand just before daylight then 2 does later this morning at 45 yards. Too hot to hunt this afternoon, so I'm resting up for Rut's big weekend. Bring a small game broadhead Rut, been seeing groundhogs this week. Farmer John mowed the hay yesterday and a big buck ran across the field past the gas well down to the ghetto blind. Hay has been raked today and will be wrapped and bailed by end of business tomorrow. Might get a little new growth clover before the season is into full swing.

04-Oct-23
The way things are going here, I'll be lucky to get out at all this season... and I start 4 weeks of vacation tomorrow afternoon. Too much family stuff going on. Weeks worth of work to do at the most inopportune time. Responsibilities... hmm. Enjoy your time in woods. I'll live vicariously through you guys until I can get out and get some air.

06-Oct-23
We had all our hay fields mowed, raked and baled this week so Dan and I hunted field edges in the AM yesterday, We saw turkeys and groundhogs. In the PM we went up on the big hill and did not see any deer, but just before dark, I saw a rather nice bear come by at about 50 yards, heading for a swampy area.

Slept in this morning because of rain, but we are back at it this afternoon at spots we haven't tried yet this year. Sun is actually out here. Getting more hunters for tomorrow.

06-Oct-23
Dan had a small buck walking around his blind for quite a while this evening. He saw a couple more across the big field. I hunted a stand at the bottom of a big reclaimed strip mine hollow where I could see up to the other end. Between 6:15 and 7 PM I saw 1 deer at about 300 yards along the bottom edge where there are scrapes and rubs. Later, 2 does were about 200 yards away near a stand grazing. Beautiful evening. Chise was at the house when we got back and Rut will be here by 5:30 Saturday.

23-Oct-23

huntinelk's Link
Here's a story about Cody's first day doe...

23-Oct-23
Nice video! Those braided backstraps looked YUMMY!

• Sitka Gear