crestedbutte 01-Oct-23
keepemsharp 01-Oct-23
74maximus1 01-Oct-23
Bones 01-Oct-23
KsRancher 01-Oct-23
Two dogs mobile 02-Oct-23
Thornton 02-Oct-23
01-Oct-23
Today should be the first day of deer season. I miss the days of having Oct. 1st the opening of archery season and the first day that any hunters could enter the deer woods. No special seasons, just the start of deer hunting, and it was with a bow and arrow. No crossbows, no feeders, no trail cameras, just a man hunting fair chase in the autumn woods and prairie. You could hunt public land and see very few hunters. A tradition and not a sport or competition.

01-Oct-23
We will get back to that if we keep after reducing NR tags and reducing technology. Let’s goooo

01-Oct-23

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo

01-Oct-23
This will be my 54th bow season in KS. It's just a new world and not for the best.

01-Oct-23
38th year for me! Been seeing it decline since 1998.

01-Oct-23
37th year buying a KS tag……..I thought the exact same thing today.

01-Oct-23
Bought my first ks deer tag in 1998. 2022 was the first year I didn't buy a tag. Probably won't buy one this year either. Got 2 boys that like to go and I take them as opposed to me buying a tag and taking time away from their hunts.

02-Oct-23
Dave, you have got me by a few years. This is my 47th year of bowhunting. I had 10 years of rifle hunting prior to that. Yes, things have changed, but I still love the hunt, and plan staying at it as long as my body holds up.

02-Oct-23
Almost 30 years deer hunting for me. I still remember waiting in anticipation to know if I drew every summer. One year before NR could hunt, I drew a leftover buck tag. Shot an 8 pt and a 10 pt that year.

• Sitka Gear