Deerdummmy 04-Oct-23
Catscratch 04-Oct-23
One Arrow 04-Oct-23
Buckdeer 05-Oct-23
Two dogs mobile 05-Oct-23
Dragon 06-Oct-23
Thornton 06-Oct-23
03-Oct-23
Looks like the coolest weather of the fall so far. This and the daylight getting shorter, bucks should be more active. What are you guys thinking?

03-Oct-23
I don't care one bit if the deer change... but I'm damn sure ready for some cooler temps!

03-Oct-23
I would gladly take another 2 months of hot, IF it meant rain. THAT’S the change I’m awaiting….

03-Oct-23
I would agree John. In the 40s next week.

03-Oct-23
On the topic, bucks around us aren’t moving at all, they are on acorns right now. If someone is going to hunt the cold front, I’d recommend sitting close to a big ol white oak, if you have one.

03-Oct-23
Yeah same with me James. I don’t know if they are on acorns but, it’s been very quiet. I wish I had some white oaks because that is the magic candy.

03-Oct-23
Bring it on.

03-Oct-23
I stumbled on a buck this evening bedded in small elms and tall grass. Got within 40 yards before he bolted. He didn't act like he was going to join all the does in the field.

04-Oct-23
Remember orange is required this weekend, due to the Prerut Anterless season.

04-Oct-23
Thanks Lee that could have caught me.

04-Oct-23
Can you shoot bucks this weekend with the statewide archery only permit? Or is it doe only?

04-Oct-23
Can shoot a buck with archery gear, but need to hunt with orange since it's also a rifle season this weekend. Same as during regular rifle season. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's the way I understand it.

04-Oct-23
Don’t have to if you’re coyote hunting… just saying

05-Oct-23
This is one of those things they need to change like some other states that you don't have to on private land.I have never known anyone to hunt for does with a rifle during this season in my area.

05-Oct-23
Buckdeer,. I have used a rifle several times during this season to put meat in the freezer. I will be out with my 30-06 Sunday. I have a place that has too many deer and, I like venison. I don't agree with the orange requirement while bowhunting during this time or during muzzleloader season, but I do wear it. That is one reason I use the rifle during this season. If I have to wear orange, I might as well use the rifle.

06-Oct-23
I would think there will be several does harvest in the next three days

06-Oct-23
My place has too many does, but they bring in the bucks from miles around. I'll not be shooting any of them.

• Sitka Gear