Ironbow 06-Oct-23
Matte 06-Oct-23
Matte 10-Oct-23
04-Oct-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Cobs over 6' up.
Matte's embedded Photo
Cobs over 6' up.
I have a 5 acre area that always produces great food plots. That is until this year, it was burned down last year by a wildfire and now things are growing silly.

04-Oct-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
I dont know why I can now never get pictures right. Oh well moving on. So I brush hogged most of it and now doing a winter plot of rye.

04-Oct-23
Almost received an inch of rain last night, so fingers crossed in 10 days that this will look amazing.

04-Oct-23
Yeah, I almost got another inch this morning, only missed by 20 miles!

04-Oct-23

Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
I brushhogged last year's wheat food plot in late august. Didnt plabt anything due to drought. It appears I have some wheat growing in the tire tracks.

04-Oct-23
Food plots are one of the greatest indications of rainfall in an area. I won’t be posting pics of ours in a success thread. Yours look pretty good, glad for you.

04-Oct-23
That is what does not make sense. We had wonderful amounts of well timed rain for the corn. I went with a new corn breed with no neonicotinoids called critter corn. Well 90% of the 5 acre are did not produce cobs.

04-Oct-23
I’ve done that a few times ksgobbler… works pretty good. If you wait until late September to mow the young wheat has a much better chance for survival.

06-Oct-23
Good for you. I planted 1 acre of soybeans and it has been so dry I had ONE plant produce seed. The rest of the entire plot burned up.

So much for a fall food plot. Three years in a row now.

06-Oct-23
Lost my beans as well. Been awhile since I planted a green plot for winter figured what the heck might as well try.

10-Oct-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
Plot is 6 days old and starting to come in. Hope for more rain this week.

• Sitka Gear