Deerdummmy 19-Oct-23
Thornton 19-Oct-23
Westksbowhunter 19-Oct-23
Bwhnt 19-Oct-23
keepemsharp 19-Oct-23
Thornton 20-Oct-23
Thornton 20-Oct-23
05-Oct-23
Saw yesterday, on another site, that there was a big typical harvested near Hutchinson. No pictures posted, due to the young lady didn't allow pictures to be posted. Was wondering if anyone else had heard about this.

05-Oct-23
Therre's a big one confiscated by a warden up in Mitchell County that was not tagged. It looks to be pretty close to that.

06-Oct-23
That isn't a 200" deer in MC county. Haven't heard anything on the hutch typical.

06-Oct-23

cherney12's embedded Photo

06-Oct-23
Pray tell how much it scores Chern.

06-Oct-23
It would be 200 if you shot it

06-Oct-23

Thornton's embedded Photo
Pretty close. I'm coming up with nearly 50" of mass and 80" between the beams and width. I could be wrong, but there's not a soul that wouldn't shoot that buck or yell 200" if he jumped outta the CRP when you were bird hunting. I'm measuring this one this weekend hopefully. Crazy to think this buck was close enough to hear my lawnmower or hear me yelling for the horses to come to the corral.

06-Oct-23
Patrick I couldn’t help myself from trying to score by the pic there and at first I was coming up with 80’s. Main beams look really long so I had them at 28 a piece but I was having the mass close to 40. The more I look at he is webbed on the 3rd and 4th so if Thornton is right where it’s close to 50 this one could easily be 90’s pushing 200.

By the pic it’s hard to tell though.

06-Oct-23
185 gross tops but I guess that rounds up to 200

06-Oct-23

06-Oct-23

06-Oct-23

This buck is 183 5/8

06-Oct-23

cherney12's Link

06-Oct-23
Patrick that Pencil Horned Buck there is going to around 30 on the mass:?)

Both Deer will probably have around 70 on tines. The only thing this deer has on him is a few inches in width. Of course he wears him out on net if that’s what blows your whistle…

06-Oct-23
that beloit buck is 5" shorter and narrower

06-Oct-23
I'm curious how many bucks have you scored Chern? I've got nearly 30 years in the business including being a licensed guide and I've only scored 1, 200" in my whole life. Guided a few hunters that got 170"s and a 186". Some of these narrow bucks score way higher than you think if they have a lot of points.

06-Oct-23
Being that you two are the only ones arguing about it, my assumption is no one really gives a damn. Give it a break.

06-Oct-23
:) :) :)

06-Oct-23
Thornton...Any indication what killed that monster near you house?

06-Oct-23

Sorry to bother you Jeff. Heaven forbid you just go on about your day. I’ll be done after posting these. 202 and 201 gross. Two pics are worth 2,000 words.

06-Oct-23
Nice bucks Patrick. Anyone you know?

06-Oct-23
Bowhunt- my suspicion is EHD. Chern- we need a front view up close of the Mitchell County buck.

06-Oct-23
Dang it Jeff the party was just getting started.

Patrick see how pics do. I would have guessed the top buck to be inches shy of that and the bottom one to be a few more inches more than that. Both of them got that arm stretching going on as well. Take that buck on the tailgate and push it way out it front of you and it might grow. Still probably think it’s in the 80’s but like Thornton said we would have to have a better pic.

07-Oct-23
This is exactly why we have people baiting. To see who can shoot a deer that scores the most. Outfitters have to have clients shooting 200 inch deer to keep them coming back so they bring semi trucks full of corn. NR's have to be able to shoot a 200 inch deer so they set up feeders on their leases. Travis TBone Turner has a tv show to make so he sets up his corn feeder. Then residents, who can't score a deer, have to have a reason to argue about a meaningless deer and what it scores on bowsite. You guys are just feeding the fire to baiting when you continually bicker about what a deer scores. We didn't have baiting in Kansas until everyone started going crazy about scoring deer and we opened up to NR's. Why can't we just count points like we used to? Thornton and Cherney would struggle with that when they ran out of fingers and toes.

07-Oct-23
Thanks, Jeff, for calling me an idiot. Not sure what I did to you, but you are cute.

07-Oct-23
Because that is what we look like when we start these deer scoring threads. No reason to even have a thread like this, especially titled "200" Plus Buck" about a deer that might or might not exist and hasn't been officially scored. This is why we have baiting. It's why we sue the state over a deer. Just stupid and it has ruined hunting.

07-Oct-23
Alright alright…dam:?)

07-Oct-23
Ksclipper, interesting point re the importance of inches. I have several friends in Ks and other states, that if I see a deer, kill a deer or get a trail cam pic of a deer, their very first question is, “ what do you think he would score?” My answer is always, “who cares, it’s a nice deer.” The emphasis on inches most certainly has ramped up the past 20 or so years. The guys say the inches and putting the animal “in the book” honors the animal. My comment to them is why not leave the hunters name out of the book and include the inches, date and where killed. Haven’t heard a good come back on that one yet.

07-Oct-23
These guys get fired up about a rumored deer and what it might score. Why does it really matter?

07-Oct-23
Wtf are you talking about

07-Oct-23
Wtf are you talking about

07-Oct-23

Why does it matter? Are you Hitler or something? Meanwhile millions are infatuated with a football team and overpaid guys that chase an oblong shaped ball around. Chern- tell me the score of the biggest buck here.

07-Oct-23
Over 200

07-Oct-23

The buck on the far left is 170", the stunted heavy one is 190", and the far right is 149". The one at the bottom is 147". At first glance, every one of those appears bigger than the 190" , in my opinion.

07-Oct-23

07-Oct-23
wtf does football have to do with the noble sport of stick and a string?

07-Oct-23
Pope and Young was founded in 1961. The Pope and Young Club was founded to promote bowhunting and to record for posterity the outstanding examples of North American big game animals taken solely with the hunting bow. Preserve, Promote, and Protect Bowhunting. Has nothing to do with the crap Jeff is talking about.

07-Oct-23
I bet you Pope and Young never pictured this.

07-Oct-23
What’s that? A pompous dude that admits to not even enjoying deer hunting telling other people they can’t debate about the scores of deer? Hmm

07-Oct-23
What’s that? A pompous dude that admits to not even enjoying deer hunting telling other people they can’t debate about the scores of deer? Hmm

07-Oct-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo

07-Oct-23
#1 - I learned a long time ago that guessing score from a photo will make you look like a fool. I’ve misjudged over 15”, both ways. That’s a horrible photo to judge from…. One of the worst angles to show. My math is mid 80’s, but could be 160 or pushing 200.

#2 - Why anyone would not have their t’s crossed and i’s dotted on killing a deer like that is beyond me. No matter if it scored 150” or 200”. I’ve been fortunate to kill some giant deer. I can’t imagine being proud of any of them if I did something wrong or unethical, let alone look my children in the eyes when I told the story. Something fishy and surely goes beyond having “no tag”.

#3 - scores matter, but isn’t the measure of a successful, knowledgeable, or ethical hunter.

#4 - Jeff is right in the sense “scores” seem to carry more weight than the actual hunt with some hunters. I love pursuing high-scoring older bucks if you can find one, LOVE IT, but the score is secondary to the pursuit.

08-Oct-23
Didn't mean to have this turn into a pissing match. Administration can delete this if they are so inclined.

08-Oct-23
Ray #2 is exactly why scoring and being obsessed with it has lead to many of the problems we have today. People don't put out a corn pile so they can put meat on the table or to brag to their buddy's that they just shot a 10 point buck. They put out corn so they can post pictures on bowsite, archery talk, etc of the 180 they just captured on film. Then they will do anything to get that 180 on the ground, whether it is shooting the buck over a corn pile, poaching it like Spook Spann, or baiting it in to put it on a tv show like Tbone. And 9 times out of 10 that 180 will actually only score about 150.

Ray I like to pursue mature deer, 5 years or better, that have a lot of character and mass. I would rather shoot the mature dominant buck rather than one that might score better. I like them heavy horned and grey faced. And could care less what they score. I just don't see many like that anymore. I had that giant that I hunted back in 2018 and passed on him twice because the shot angle wasn't good once and the second time I couldn't get him stopped and didn't want to risk a bad shot. A crossbow hunter from Lousiana gut shot him with a crossbow Thanksgiving weekend. The deer was never recovered.

Dragon notice what your post did? You didn't post a pic or anything but just asked a question about a possible 200 inch buck. And look what happened. 2 bowsite members posting a bunch of pics of deer and debating about score. And I have not seen a picture of deer with an official score card with it. Just more BS about what a deer won't score.

08-Oct-23
You are an idiot

08-Oct-23
You are an idiot

08-Oct-23
Maybe so but I am not trying to score a deer by looking at a picture.

08-Oct-23
Good for you. If you can’t keep from ridiculing people for discussing the score of a deer maybe you should find another forum. This is a bowhunting forum. It’s hilarious that you are fine with buck hunting and bragging about a big 10 point but dammit you better not put something more quantitative to it or you’ll ruin everything and make the whole nation want an easy button.

08-Oct-23
Good for you. If you can’t keep from ridiculing people for discussing the score of a deer maybe you should find another forum. This is a bowhunting forum. It’s hilarious that you are fine with buck hunting and bragging about a big 10 point but dammit you better not put something more quantitative to it or you’ll ruin everything and make the whole nation want an easy button.

08-Oct-23
Personally I like it when Jeff gets a little spunky. Tells me his heart is still pumping.

08-Oct-23
Thanks Buddy. Just got done lifting weights so it's really pumping. Cherney I apologize for my idiot comment. Should not have said it so you have my apology or olive branch. But posting pics back and forth of various deer is not quantitative at all. It is merely guessing. If you want to score a deer take it to an official scorer and then post a pic of the deer and the score card. That is honoring a deer and what Pope and Young had in mind. Not internet pics and trail cams pics with a bunch of guessing.

08-Oct-23
Thanks Buddy. Just got done lifting weights so it's really pumping. Cherney I apologize for my idiot comment. Should not have said it so you have my apology or olive branch. But posting pics back and forth of various deer is not quantitative at all. It is merely guessing. If you want to score a deer take it to an official scorer and then post a pic of the deer and the score card. That is honoring a deer and what Pope and Young had in mind. Not internet pics and trail cams pics with a bunch of guessing. (So I wanted to see if I was a smart as Cherney and could figure out this double posting thing so I copy and pasted. I am sure there is a more "QUANTITATIVE" way to do it but it is all I could come up with!!!!! But then again, maybe my posts aren't worthy of saying it twice!!!!!)

08-Oct-23
Dang it guys, go climb in a damn tree and go hunt. Dave Easton- WestKs asks "why it even matters"? For one, it is human nature to admire the best and biggest specimens. We have livestock competitions and have admired antlers and animals since the dawn of man. If I want to bicker with Chern over the size of antlers on a bowhunting site, I will. I am currently at work listening to an overweight ER doctor and a nurse bicker about football. I'm not into football. My question exactly to it is "Why does it even matter"? Overpaid guys I'll never meet, chasing a funny shaped ball around while millions of people watch and pay too much money to do so. Just a distraction until you die IMO. At least with hunting big bucks, the nearly unobtainable goal of 200" will always be a possibility. If it doesn't happen for me, at least I'll have plenty of entertainment in God's green earth unraveling the never ending puzzle of finding these big bucks and meat to chew on from the kill.

08-Oct-23
So proud you are saving mankind with your huerclulean efforts at medicine. But PLEASe don't tell me you have the welfare of KS wildlife at heart. I don't buy it. It's just a huge ego trip> dave

08-Oct-23
Who cares Dave. If i was here for killing,I'd run circles around most guys. Heck, I don't even post my own picture very often.

08-Oct-23

be still's embedded Photo
Jeff please tell me your lifting fire wood and swinging an ax for weights. Lifting a bar with dumbbells on it just doesn’t fit the picture I got of you.

Hey listen to Sierra Ferrell sometimes though…she will lift your spirits up some.

09-Oct-23
My wife takes care of the fire wood and swings the axe. When it comes to lifting I am in the modern world.

09-Oct-23
For music I am a Swifty!!!!!!!!!!!

09-Oct-23
I like it that you got your woman under control but I’ve never heard Swifty before.

Erica said it’s Taylor Swift so as she was making me breakfast I YouTubed her…didn’t take me 2 minutes and I turned that fake junk off.

Hate to score or judge somebody from a pic or song but seemed like there was nothing on the inside.

09-Oct-23
I was just kidding about the Swifty comment. It's The Rolling Stones and Lynyrd Skynyrd for me.

09-Oct-23

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
This is the buck I think

09-Oct-23
Dang

09-Oct-23
Johnny Cash and George Jones for me… and that’s a giant.

10-Oct-23
The body on the buck above looks too small for a Kansas buck. The horns even look like more of a Texas or Oklahoma deer with the thin look. Doesn’t look like a early season deer either. That whole pic seems out of place but that’s pics for you:?)

10-Oct-23
LOL

12-Oct-23

Another one! It a Kansas buck.

12-Oct-23
What else do you know about the buck Hunter? Bow/gun/Xgun? Looks like a frontal, and that they dragged it out to the edge of the "feed site" for "trophy pic"?

12-Oct-23
It appears a married woman shot it

12-Oct-23
In her ladies night at the country club attire no less. Heck of a deer.

13-Oct-23
Looks like she lost her ball and found that deer while looking for it

13-Oct-23
Yep Hunter the body looks bigger and the face looks longer in this pic.

So what I gather is she shot it at a feeder right before dark at the last minute…that gives the explanation why she couldn’t wait for a broadside. She had been playing golf that day and didn’t have time to change. The deer might have dropped in his tracks from a gun shot. She was so excited she just left instead of field dressing it. When she got home her husband got so excited they got rowdy and she forgot to put her bra and shorts back on. They made it back there and like Kyle said they drug it out aways and took a bunch of pics. Note the buck still hasn’t been field dressed on the warm night and he’s bloating pretty bad at this point.

I’ve never have shot nothing this big so maybe it would make me not think so much about preserving the meat but let’s hope not.

Calm down Jeff I’m just having fun talking about a pic:?)

13-Oct-23
Maybe you jealous guys should take a soil sample to see where it was harvested. Congrats on a great buck

13-Oct-23
Wow, what a deer!

13-Oct-23
Some of us feeder trash talkers are not jealous Buckdeer. If I find out a buck was killed by a feeder, I am simply disappointed and I categorize that person as lazy and a cheater. The mystery of the buck and the hopeful story of an actual hunt is shot down and I usually disregard of it ever being a trophy. Interesting enough, if that was shot by Hutch, there have been several record deer shot around the golf course.

13-Oct-23
So how far from a feeder does a deer have to be shot to meet your approval?What about in a feed field

13-Oct-23
Just doesn't get it.

13-Oct-23
Buckdeer, how about the next state?

13-Oct-23
Thornton so it okay to insult those that bait but not those that want to always talk about what a deer scores? They most generally go hand in hand but I have a dislike for both. Maybe shooting a deer with a rifle is cheating in Kansas since we have a road every mile. Iowa must feel the same. I have a dislike for rifle hunting as well.

13-Oct-23
Those lazy rifle hunters!!!!!!

16-Oct-23
Next State? We all know that only 2 on here get it and are always right, I will leave it at that.I honestly tried to quit responding so why do you guys have to put everyone down about something?

16-Oct-23
Wow, some amazing bucks on this thread!

19-Oct-23

19-Oct-23
Meh

19-Oct-23
What county was it shot?

19-Oct-23
No idea, but with cell cams and feeders, anybody can kill a big one now. Sickening how easy it is. Most hunters in their 20's and 30's can't even identify what kind of tree their stand is in or have basic woodsmanship.

19-Oct-23
Add crossbows and rifles to the list.

19-Oct-23
Any word on the baiting ban?

19-Oct-23
Outfitters and corn piles rule.

20-Oct-23
West, the last time I looked at the KS deer recovery website, a tracker said he was up to 15 unrecoverable bucks this year. You don't have that with rifles, in fact, the site nearly goes dead in rifle season. I and my hound tracked a buck shot perfectly perfectly a few weeks ago, and here it stands, a hole through both sides like nothing happened.

20-Oct-23

• Sitka Gear