horsethief51 14-Oct-23
mattandersen 14-Oct-23
mattandersen 14-Oct-23
mattandersen 16-Oct-23
Rut Nut 16-Oct-23
mattandersen 16-Oct-23
Rut Nut 16-Oct-23
06-Oct-23
Maybe there will be a little more movement this week.

07-Oct-23
Loving this 65 deg and drizzle…Said no one. Ever.

07-Oct-23
Said no one. I'm really hoping this pattern changes and fall will come to pa. Humidity is a killer and the mosquitoes ?? relentless.

07-Oct-23
Rain and strong wind here in the northeast corner of PA on 10/6 at 12:30.

07-Oct-23
No deer were harmed during this mornings hunt. Actually, no deer were seen either.

07-Oct-23
Debating on what to do this afternoon. Its 3:00, raining hard, winds less, but temperatures dropped like a acorn. Down to 48.

07-Oct-23
7 point at 5pm

07-Oct-23
Cold, wet and breezy this evening. Stopped raining about 615. A few doe and a very big spike. Would of took a picture of it if it was not raining, but it was in pack in a ziplok.

07-Oct-23

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Here’s the 7 point. For some reason I couldn’t edit my previous post and add it.

08-Oct-23
Congratulations.

08-Oct-23
Nice Buck

08-Oct-23
Congrats good buck

08-Oct-23
Tom, now it's time to concentrate on a bear. Hell with the doe, there for late season.

With my new knee don't think I'll be able to hit my favorite bear spots.

08-Oct-23
Nice buck, congrats.

08-Oct-23
I was the only one of 4 who saw deer in the AM. 3 does. In the PM, we got into blinds before the rain fell. It did stop at 6 and the sun came out, but no deer sightings. I did have a groundhog at 10 yards but he saw me first. My neighbor shot an 8 point.

08-Oct-23
Congrats Bowbender!

Stayed home and did chores Saturday. But on my way to the Keefer Farm for a Columbus Day Hunt................

09-Oct-23
Congratulations Bowbender!

In my tree by 4:30, I'm ready for the evening rush of deer. :)

09-Oct-23
In my tree at 4 30 too, I'm ready for a rush of deer , hopefully they move with this colder weather . My 4th sit of the year , only kicked up 1 Goin to one of my stands so far .. let's go...

09-Oct-23
Had a button buck feed by my stand at 9:40 this morning. Scent control must be good....................he crossed at 5y in front of me and never got my wind. ;-)

In a different stand this afternoon

10-Oct-23
No deer sightings for me all day. Cold and windy in the AM. Dan saw a couple deer in the AM. Rut saw a family of 4 last evening. Too far for a shot.

10-Oct-23
I watched them SLOWLY feed up the hill towards me for over an hour.................unfortunately the big doe was still at 50y at last light! Oh well, at least they kept me on the edge of my seat! ;-)

10-Oct-23

Griz's embedded Photo
Griz's embedded Photo
I heard a couple of bucks sparring last night about 50 yards from me. Couldn't see them but they stayed at it for about 10 minutes. I took my rattle bag out and just barely clicked the bag. Waited a few minutes and did it again, followed by two can bleats. A few minutes later a 4pt came down the field edge and walked in looking for the doe. He ended up bedding under me and actually went to sleep like a dog right under me. I could hear him breathing (snoring)!! At last light, with only a few minutes left, I was trying to figure out how to spook him without being too obvious. I knew there had to be another buck around but time was running out. Just as I started getting my gear together, I look out and see another deer at the field edge. A quick look and its a nice wide 8pt. The field edge is exactly 30 yards from my treestand. He stopped and looked at the 4pt sleeping and I sent the arrow. I heard a crack and he stumbled into the woods where I heard a crash. I found half my arrow with blood halfway up it so knew I did not get a pass through but had drops of blood going into the woods. I decided to go in no more than 20 yards and would back out if I found nothing. At 20 yards, I found him just as he looks. Hit him a little forward but my Exodus broadhead chewed up his lungs like hamburger on his short run. Great night in 5D except for the Phillies losing.

10-Oct-23
Congratulations on a great buck!

10-Oct-23
A nice Buck and a short drag. Perfect

10-Oct-23
That’s a cool story Chris! Nice having a LIVE “decoy!” ;-)

Congrats! The Special Regs boys are getting it done early this year! : )

10-Oct-23
Thanks guys. Yes Rut, we are but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the bucks are getting it done early down here too. I've never shot a buck that stunk like the rut so much and its only October 9!! I actually smelled him before my light hit him. Also, this is the 4th buck in 5 years I shot in October using rattling (usually with real antlers) between the 9th and 19th.

10-Oct-23
True, mine had the funk as well.

10-Oct-23
Fat one Griz. Way to go. Nothing moving here this morning. Sat in a hollow blind and wind started blowing around 9. Stayed until 10.

10-Oct-23
Nice, Griz!! Congrats!!

10-Oct-23
Interesting! I just got a text from my wife’s cousin where I’ll be Bowhunting the next couple weekends that his wife spotted a nice buck Sunday afternoon about 12:30 pm with his nose to the ground like he was scent checking for doe....................

10-Oct-23
It may be a false rut due to the weather but I have a hunch its going to be early in any case.

10-Oct-23
I pushed a couple on my way out last night. I couldn't tell what they were. I had to take tonight off to cut the grass before the neighbors start complaining.

11-Oct-23
Saw a coyote facing me in the open field at 40 yards on my way to the stand last evening.

13-Oct-23
This morning I was in the same stand as opening day and around the same time, the same little buck walk down the same hill to the same scrape and licking branch and did the same thing, except he walked around the other side of my tree stand. I got a closer look and he is actually a 6 point.

13-Oct-23

Teeton's embedded Photo
Straight in front me
Teeton's embedded Photo
Straight in front me
Teeton's embedded Photo
Right behind me
Teeton's embedded Photo
Right behind me
Teeton's embedded Photo
To my right
Teeton's embedded Photo
To my right
Teeton's embedded Photo
To my left
Teeton's embedded Photo
To my left
I'm hunting the last two hours today in the hickory forest. The last 4 years I've taken a 10 and a bear out of it. Here's some pictures of the stand view

14-Oct-23
Had another non shooter at 12 yards last evening and another at 100. Saw 2 does near another stand. Beautiful evening.

14-Oct-23
Hunted a ground assault Thursday evening off a lane I know they've been traveling. Watched a nice buck bed in a tall overgrown field I hunted Thursday morning. I hunted off the lane in the evening. I grunted about 6:30 and minutes later a nice 3 year old 10 was there. He walked past me at 5 yards with a stiff north wind blowing in my face, he had no clue. I wasn't in a blind or even brushed in very well. He stopped in front of me and looked my way. I had no intentions of shooting him but I was shaking none the less. It was super exciting. I got an awesome video of him walking by. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

14-Oct-23
Hunted a ground assault Thursday evening off a lane I know they've been traveling. Watched a nice buck bed in a tall overgrown field I hunted Thursday morning. I hunted off the lane in the evening. I grunted about 6:30 and minutes later a nice 3 year old 10 was there. He walked past me at 5 yards with a stiff north wind blowing in my face, he had no clue. I wasn't in a blind or even brushed in very well. He stopped in front of me and looked my way. I had no intentions of shooting him but I was shaking none the less. It was super exciting. I got an awesome video of him walking by. I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

16-Oct-23

mattandersen's embedded Photo
can see my bow string haha
can see my bow string haha
as promised pics of the 5 yard ground assault encounter on a nice 3 year old 10 pt. It was a very cool experience!

16-Oct-23
I’d be tempted to shoot that one Matt! : )

16-Oct-23
haha he is a nice buck but I'm after a bigger one, he's young and it's early...so I got some great video and pics!

16-Oct-23
I hear ya................

• Sitka Gear