BSKED (mobile) 08-Oct-23
Bowhunting 5C 08-Oct-23
Rut Nut 09-Oct-23
Bowhunter shawn 09-Oct-23
Griz 10-Oct-23
07-Oct-23

Bowhunting 5C's embedded Photo
After a wet morning in 5C, we decided to wait until the rain cleared out and the winds blew it out along with the humidity. A northwest wind and falling Temps, along with an acorn ridge I looked forward to tonight. We got on stand right as the rain ended about 4. Winds were favorable but swirling. Sneaking into the woods was easy, jumping a few on the way in. And got on stand and immediately had deer around before I could hoist my bow up. A spike snuck in, mowing down those tasty treats falling from those trees. He stayed for a half hour, till the wind swirling he had enough. He backed out, but came warily back 15 minutes later. A yearling followed, nose to the ground and I enjoyed the show. She did the same thing on those winds. The wind slowed down a little bit, that spike finally had enough, and wondered off. Chipmunks were busily preparing for winter and they were working that hill hard. About 6 I looked over the bottom of the hill, and a buck I have plenty of pictures of came from down wind of the stand. I was thinking that was that, bug the wind switched had him coming on a string. I watched him for about 15 minutes just waiting for a good broadside shot. Popping acorns as he went, facing me most of the time, mowing them down as they fell. Finally at 26 yards, I got the chance to stand up and get ready. A few more minutes passed he got to a window but downhill at a steep angle. I drew bending at the waste and settled in. That arrow hit him hard, punching through both shoulders and passing through. I watched him struggling to get up the opposite hillside and within seconds all went quiet. I was excited, it's been more than a few years since I tagged antlers. He's not the biggest but I am proud of the shot and the easy recovery we all strive for in bowhunting. After giving him a half hour I got on a very easy to follow blood trail and he only went about 70 yards. At the end of the trail was a 3.5 years old pennsylvania tall 8. Large body, and definitely a hunt to remember. My 1 year old Hoyt RX5 and Easton full metal jacket shafts topped with Rocky Mountain Premier 125's still drive those whitetails home. Awesome afternoon and a longer drag out. It was fun, doe management time.

07-Oct-23

07-Oct-23

08-Oct-23
Looks like a trophy to me. Nice shooting

08-Oct-23
John, Good write up on your hunt. I enjoy reading it. Makes these post interesting.

08-Oct-23
Nice one, way to go John.

08-Oct-23
Way to go John. Congrats

08-Oct-23
Thanks guys. I got a bunch of doe tags that need filling.

09-Oct-23
Nice one John! Nice story to.................I love it when a plan comes together! : )

09-Oct-23
Nice buck , nice story, congrats its great when everything comes togeather while bowhunting...

10-Oct-23
Congrats.

• Sitka Gear