Rut Nut 20-Oct-23
Supernaut 20-Oct-23
Bowbender 20-Oct-23
Rut Nut 20-Oct-23
horsethief51 20-Oct-23
mattandersen 23-Oct-23
Bowbender 23-Oct-23
14-Oct-23
What else is new? It was pouring when we got up. Drinking coffee and watching the weather here in western PA. Good luck this week. Hope you have your bear tag.

14-Oct-23
We're on stand, not for long. Acorns are falling, it's 46, We're not staying much past 9,930.

14-Oct-23
Hunting my wife’s cousin’s property in Monroe county this morning. We set up my blind and a tree umbrella over one of his ladder stands last night. He’s in the blind with his smokepole and I’m in the ladder stand archery hunting. I’m in a spot where a bear came thru last week and a big buck a couple days ago. Nice and dry although it is raining pretty steady now. I think I would kiss the guy that invented the tree umbrella if I ever met him! ;-)

14-Oct-23

Bowbender's embedded Photo
Bowbender's embedded Photo
Art, you read my mind! That’s the exact title I planned on posting! Great minds…

My view right now. Got wet enough last Saturday.

14-Oct-23

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
I'm under there somewhere.

14-Oct-23
Yeah, it's a fast mover, we're heading out shortly.

14-Oct-23

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
12:30 I'm where the blue dot is. :(

14-Oct-23
I zoomed in on the blue dot, Ed. Still couldn’t see you. Good camo.

14-Oct-23
Let it rain. We're putting up mushrooms and apples.

14-Oct-23

Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
Jeff Durnell's embedded Photo
I found 37 sheepshead one morning before noon. Look at the size of this one, ballcap for reference.

14-Oct-23
Holy SHEEP..................shead! : )

14-Oct-23
You got that right Tom. We have been in the green all day here too Ed. I haven't found any of those in ages Jeff. Guess I have to cross the river. We didn't hunt at all but we did scout a place that was timbered recently and is very huntable. Saw several deer.

14-Oct-23

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Saw this guy on the way home about 2 miles from the farm with 3 does. 30 yards. 11:30 AM.

15-Oct-23
That's a STUD Art!!! He could be at Keefer Farm Outfitters in no time.

15-Oct-23
My boy shot a Doe yesterday in the rain, if you only got Saturday to hunt than I guess you get wet.

15-Oct-23
You never know Steve...................he could show up in a few weeks! : )

15-Oct-23
I just wrote in my other thread that I had a nice buck walk past my swamp stand at 12 yards yesterday afternoon while we were in the house.

16-Oct-23
These next couple weeks are gonna be difficult Art.......................................for me! ;-)

16-Oct-23
Rut, I seen a snake Sunday. Hoping that, that eases your anxiety;)

16-Oct-23
LOL! : )

16-Oct-23
Didn't see any deer today, but I found a new scrape next to one of my stands, about 6 feet in diameter. Cold this morning and no rain. It was pretty nice this evening. Getting some good ideas for spots where rut can use the climber if he wants to. Heard some muzzle loader fire off in the distance this evening.

17-Oct-23
SOunds good Art!

17-Oct-23
It was raining.....again.....stayed in and did archery research, maintenance and a little practice after it stopped. Heading out about 2:30 after I nap, of course. LOL.

17-Oct-23
Camp I used to go to, had a small bunk room added to the main floor. It had a tin roof. I swear some years the only reason I went to camp was to take a nap and listen to the rain on the roof.

17-Oct-23

Bob from MontCo's embedded Photo
This is for Jeff Durnell. Maitake (Hen of the Woods for those who didn't know) stir-fry.

18-Oct-23

Rut Nut's Link
Looks like we’re gonna have at least 2 more WET Saturdays! : (

18-Oct-23
Just think Perry, once you retire you can hunt any day you choose.

I avoid the weekends because there are too many people in the woods.

18-Oct-23
I think about that on every rainy Saturday Phil! ;-)

18-Oct-23

Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
He’s on the Bowsite….
Dale Hajas's embedded Photo
He’s on the Bowsite….
Well I’ve been retired for 2+ years. I have not been out yet this year……. Starting in June- 4 weddings, 2 of which I was the officiant. 2 grad parties, multiple kid parties including my grandsons 1st. Most of these weddings were 3 day weekends. I watch my grandson 2-3 days a week for 10 hrs a day. He’s only little once! It is most enjoyable to do so.

So if one is having too much time on their hands consider yourself lucky. I’m lucky to watch my Grandson. I’m already scheduled for 2 weddings next year, BOTH BEFORE HUNTING SEASON!

18-Oct-23
LOL! Does Master Hajas have a bow yet? ;-)

18-Oct-23
It is interesting how retired folks seldom seem to find time to do anything. Makes you wonder how we fit time in for work.

Tomorrow will be my first day out this year. But it won't be a full day. Of course there's always next week.....

18-Oct-23
My daughters boy. There’s a hickory stave in the garage and a halibut skin I’ve been waiting years to find something to wear it. There’s multiple fiberglass little kids bows, but I reckon Uncle Jared may forward his first longbow from Grays Custom bows-(Mercer?) the owner whom passed right after We got the bow. It’s got tons of mojo in it.

19-Oct-23
Oh, ok. Sounds good Dale! I can still see that picture of the young Hajas crew walking the course at Muldoon’s during The Campout many moons ago! : )

19-Oct-23

Supernaut's embedded Photo
Supernaut's embedded Photo
Killed this buck yesterday evening 10/18 with my Bear Grizzly recurve, aluminum arrow and Ace Standard broadhead.

Good luck and be safe everyone!

19-Oct-23
Very nice congratulations.

19-Oct-23
Nice buck Jim! Congrats! Is that a 7 pt?

19-Oct-23
Nice buck and with a recurve hats off.. great job

19-Oct-23
15 minutes before sunset a big buck passed behind my stand at 30 yard. Not sure about the rack, so I didn't shoot. After playing the grunt/bleat game for 10 minutes he went back where he came from. 5 minutes after sunset, 2 big bucks appeared 100 yards away, posturing. After a couple more grunts they went out of view up the hill into the weeds. I hit the ground with 10 minutes of legal shooting time left and headed for my side-by-side. With 2 minutes left in legal shooting hours, I was alongside a 50 yard stretch of willow saplings that are about 20 feet wide, and the fight and snorting began on the other side. As I came around the end, one buck took off for the edge of the woods and stood broadside. A few seconds later, the other buck took off for the woodline. Never really did see antlers, but this was one of the most exciting experiences I've had while bow hunting in a long time. It had been pretty boring this week, but it was all worth the wait.

20-Oct-23
Nothing Rut? Can you figure out where I was hunting?

Raining and windy again as usual this morning. Drinking coffee in the kitchen. Its supposed to be intermittent Saturday in west PA, so the guys are coming tonight. May be a good afternoon tomorrow.

20-Oct-23
WOW Art! I am assuming the Swamp stand? Your adrenaline must have been thru the roof! : ) Things are heating up.............................................

20-Oct-23

Yeah?

20-Oct-23
DANG! I was in the sunken road bed stand that morning! I had thought about the swamp stand................................

20-Oct-23
Thanks guys.

Perry, yes he's a 7 point. It's hard to see the little one on the right side in that pic, it's being hidden by the main beam a little. He does have 2 sticker points on the left brow tine that you could count as points to make it 9 but I'll just go with 7 and a trophy to me!

Art, that's a dandy. Hope you get a shot at him! The bucks are ramping up in my area, this week should really start getting good.

20-Oct-23
Congrats, 'Naut!!

20-Oct-23
Yeah, I’d call that a 7................still a fine trophy!

20-Oct-23
It actually quit raining and Chise will be here soon. We should be able to get situated in no time.

23-Oct-23
Shot a big doe with my .54 cal Hawken flintlock Friday evening. 100 yard shot! I know its a gun but it is a flintlock...hunted Ohio Sat and Sunday afternoons. Managed to shoot 2 pheasant Saturday morning so it was a great wknd! 29 degrees this morning when I left for work. Boy I'd love to be bowhunting this morning!

23-Oct-23
Congrats, Matt!!

• Sitka Gear