JayD 16-Oct-23
Nyati 16-Oct-23
wv_bowhunter 17-Oct-23
JayD 17-Oct-23
Jack Whitmrie jr 17-Oct-23
Nyati 17-Oct-23
jonquick 18-Oct-23
15-Oct-23
I just heard something about a new Sothwick Survey being done - anyone know what this one is about?

16-Oct-23
and what is that JayD

16-Oct-23
I don’t know Jack - Southwick was the third party that did the one survey for the DNR that included the question on lowering the limit and i believe some other stuff about our hunting license.

Heard that several people got a new survey from them and I was just curious as to what this one was about.

Hopefully Greg will pop in here soon and might know a bit about it.

I am not complaining about it - just wondering what its about.

16-Oct-23
WV DNR has used Southwick for years and will continue to use them for years because they are one of the two national agencies that are best at public opinion polling companies for outdoor and wildlife related issues. I didn’t know what the new survey was about so I called Paul Johansen and asked.

This current one is in association with several southeastern states and it’s basically to gauge input from hunting, fishing, trapping public as well as non consumptive segment of public about how familiar they are with their state game and fish agencies. If they know what their state game and fish agency does, and a few other issues like that. Sounds like more of a public opinion poll of WV residents about how familiar they are with WVDNR

16-Oct-23
Thank you Greg

16-Oct-23
NP

17-Oct-23
My wife was sent an email asking her to participate in a DNR survey recently. That must be the same one. I’ll encourage her to fill it out.

17-Oct-23
Yep that is the way the guys I heard who got it was by email.

Yes encourage her to do so! I am sure its not cheap to do the survey and the more who participate the better!

17-Oct-23
Thanks Greg!

17-Oct-23
A friend got one. He said he had the option of responding to a hunting section or a fishing system. It asked about when they started hunting. Why they started hunting. How they were able to start hunting, What was important to you about hunting, things like that .

IDK and I might be wrong but it sounds a lot like questions related to the 3 Rs ?

18-Oct-23
got that survey myself and it ask several personal questions. more than I would expect on a hunting/fishing survey.

• Sitka Gear