Will 18-Oct-23
N8tureBoy 18-Oct-23
16-Oct-23

spike78's Link
Be on the lookout it’s coming ha!

16-Oct-23
Here we go again…

16-Oct-23
“The animal was initially captured on camera by a resident in Lower Macungie Township at 11:44 a.m. Sunday,”

Yet somehow once again no pictures.

16-Oct-23
“Ghost Cats” That about sums it up. I cannot understand all the ambiguity in the photos. When you see a photo of a Lion, It’s fairly easy to tell

16-Oct-23

16-Oct-23
Nittany Lion

16-Oct-23
Well played, Sir!

18-Oct-23
FWIW, I ran across a newsfeed item on this and saw one of the images…

Yeah, Nope. 100% housecat, though the fish & wildlife spokesman did an admirable job of not beating on someone for their ignorance… But this cat was up to its ankles in a recently mowed lawn.

Just a thought, but how often do you hear people claiming that they saw a coyote which they estimate must weigh 85-100 pounds? They’ll say “It was the size of a German Shepherd!!”… and those weigh mid-60s; a BIG coyote might be that tall at the shoulder, but #50 is a HUGE coyote. Football lineman class.

So clearly, most people seem to have no concept of how big a coyote actually is (average is HALF the size of a shepherd) so think about how few would have a clue about a cougar… And if they did see an actual mtn lion, they’d be reporting an AFRICAN lion. Adult cougars go 6 to 8 feet, total length…

So there is a huge battle to be won against the honest and understandable ignorance…

18-Oct-23

Will's embedded Photo
Will's embedded Photo
I found him!

18-Oct-23

N8tureBoy's embedded Photo
N8tureBoy's embedded Photo

• Sitka Gear