KsRancher 30-Oct-23
Kansan 31-Oct-23
ksq232 31-Oct-23
duckhunterbrad 01-Nov-23
KsRancher 01-Dec-23
sitO 01-Dec-23
16-Oct-23

ksq232's Link
Well, we hit day 500 for the lack of a 2” rain. Hopefully, we’ll get this broken long before the 2 year mark. The article from last month explains the extreme nature of this drought, and there has been no relief the last 4 weeks.

16-Oct-23

Westksbowhunter's embedded Photo
Westksbowhunter's embedded Photo

16-Oct-23
Some relief coming up in the forecast. Maybe. Hopefully. Ill believe it when I see it.

17-Oct-23
I just watched Eric Snodgrass’s latest ag weather forecast. He is optimistic about this pattern breaking low coming across the middle of the country next week, bringing us much needed rain. Also, after that rain and that pattern opening things up, it’s supposed to cool down again, which would make for some pretty awesome hunting around here the beginning of Nov. I guess we’ll see, I certainly hope we don’t get duped by models again. I remain skeptical too Kyler.

17-Oct-23
Don’t look now, but next week is sounding better and better….

18-Oct-23
Us parents just got a call from Caney School District earlier this morning that they’re going to a 4 day school week next week to conserve water.

18-Oct-23
That's not good. Hopefully the precip gets there or they will be short on days right? Can't exactly make up days if the well is dry next June!

18-Oct-23
Not sure Bwhnt, the town is scrambling right now. They have not prepared well at all in the last few decades for a water crisis like this. Now the cheapest solution would be in excess of $22 million they’re saying, and the building of the water line would take months if not years. Kyler could say better, but I think the town population is right around a thousand, so the money is not there for that kind of project.

18-Oct-23
I hope the Feds would assist that sounds like a natural disaster to me

18-Oct-23
Tough to say Bwhunt…

Well, the models must be all over the map. Accuweather only has one day next week designated as a rain day. But on on daily forecast, Friday of this week says “potential for big rain and flooding next week, check back with accuweather often”. I’m guessing it says the same for most of you. It appears a high pressure ridge will pushing warm moist air up from the gulf, but exactly where the edge of the high pressure system will lie is an unknown right now. I’m guessing some of us will get big rain, the question is who? It seems to me the farther west you are, the better your chance, which ISN’T encouraging for us unfortunately.

19-Oct-23
~1,700 people in Caney. Definitely don’t have the money for a project like that.

It’s bad situation, to be sure. We are plumb running out of water.

20-Oct-23

Justhunt's embedded Photo
Justhunt's embedded Photo
The cool front they were calling for seems to be backing off. The rain forecast is still holding on. Those bright red streaks in se Kansas are 3-4”. Hopefully it’ll end up being like 8”

20-Oct-23
We hope so too! The models continue to be all over the place. Some of the forecasts are literally changing by the hour right now. If we don’t get significant rain with runoff by Christmas, they’re talking about going to online school next semester… That’s what our daughters are saying the talk is around school anyway.

22-Oct-23
LOTS of wheat going in right now in the region, farmers hoping and praying for that rain this week.

24-Oct-23
Well, here we go. Nothing yet, but they say it begins today.

24-Oct-23

ksq232's embedded Photo
ksq232's embedded Photo
Winnie awaiting the squirrel in the tree, while I await the rain in the sky. She’s currently being more patient than me.

24-Oct-23
Nothing much yet, less than a half inch. Interesting conversation took place today between my wife and a longtime storm chaser. His daughter had a baby today and Dawna is an OB nurse. He has several customized radar tools he uses and can look back over the last 30 years. He said since the Neosho county wind farm went into service May of ‘21, almost every major system coming our way has split and gone around us. Just wonderful…. And they keep building more of those abominations; they will turn the entire Midwest into a desert before they’re done.

24-Oct-23
Aw yes that’s part of their plan to make everything super expensive so they can take all of our money then kill us all

24-Oct-23
What are you talking about cherney? Make water expensive? Electricity? Kill us? I guess T Boone did say water is the next gold, now that you mention it… Do a little research…. If you’re telling me you actually like subsidized wind farms, I’m learning more about you all the time.

24-Oct-23
We've had quite a bit of rain today. The pond I dug out below the house actually has a puddle in it now.

24-Oct-23
Lol no just saying it’s interesting that you suggest “they” will turn the Midwest into a desert

25-Oct-23
So Just where do they sell the good foil?? And I need it in camo. This year is a flood year compared to last, look at the bright side. I haven't been stuck in quite a while.

25-Oct-23
“This year is a flood year compared to last”.

Not here, friend. There’s nothing more I’d love to see right now than a good ol’ fashioned flood.

25-Oct-23
1 and 3/4 since yesterday morning. I'm hoping for a lot more, but will take what we can get!

25-Oct-23
I dumped 1.7" out. My folks 12 miles away had 4". Meanwhile they are doing water rescues in Emporia. They went from drought to flood in one morning.

25-Oct-23
Nothing last night, once again it’s all west and north. 510 days without a 2” rain. The streak continues.

25-Oct-23
Between 3”-15” in Lyon Co so far, saw a road killed beaver on the way to work that the flash flood had put out on the road.

25-Oct-23
As I look at these crazy rainfall amounts varying in amounts literally by single digit miles at times, it makes me wonder when the last time was a system came through and gave ALL of us in just the eastern half of Kansas big rainfall? Any guesses??? 509 days ago, May of ‘22. It is definitely not the best of times Kansans.

25-Oct-23

cherney12's Link

25-Oct-23
Ain't got no cash, ain't got no style Ain't got no gal to make you smile But don't worry, be happy 'Cause when you worry your face will frown And that will bring everybody down So don't worry, be happy Don't worry, be happy now

25-Oct-23
I am up to over 4 inches at my place in Chase County. It has only raised the ponds by a foot or so. It is still raining so I hope it fills the ponds, and gives the creeks a much needed flushing. I talked to my brother in Lyndon this morning and they were at over 8 inches and it looks like it is still raining there.

25-Oct-23
Good grief, you guys are getting it. I will be on my knees in the middle of it, if it ever happens here again.

25-Oct-23
Maybe all that rainfall in the area will slowly make its way into the aquifers and improve your water table some. You might get relief from the bottom up!

25-Oct-23

LTG 11's embedded Photo
LTG 11's embedded Photo
KC right now... Hasn't stopped for over 24 hours.

25-Oct-23
I dumped out another 2.3" so I am at 4" total. Didnt help the pond much. A few inches at best.

25-Oct-23
Nothing at all out here. Chance of snow this weekend. Lows of 20 in the forecast.

25-Oct-23
Yep, came up the middle of the state and then took a right. Doesn’t look like NC got much either, I could be wrong on that though.

25-Oct-23
Guessing we got a tenth in Pratt/Barber County

25-Oct-23

Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
Ksgobbler's embedded Photo
Neosho river

25-Oct-23
Wow!!!

25-Oct-23
My pond I worked on last summer, then several times this summer is now half full. I haven't been to the Greenwood property yet to see if those 3 ponds got any.

26-Oct-23
Saw my taxidermist out fishing the runoff as I was driving around. He said people have been finding alot of dead deer with the drought.

26-Oct-23

Matte's embedded Photo
Matte's embedded Photo
We received just over 3". Great day except neighbor buddy called and knew I pranked him. Told him i put pumpkin spice in his feeder.

26-Oct-23
Lol ^^^

Rain gauge topped out at just under 2 inches total at my place.

26-Oct-23
3/4” so far in Caney. Praying for a whole lot more.

26-Oct-23
Assume you cannont drive South from Americus.

26-Oct-23
Roads all open now Dave

27-Oct-23
Get enough rain to help Caney any?

27-Oct-23
I ended up getting right at 6 inches. Some areas of the county got a little more some a little less. A creek near me that usually runs year round is running about normal now. Other creeks in the area are not running yet. The ponds have more water, but are not full. If someone had told me we could get 6 inches of rain over a day and a half without having a significant raise in the creeks, I would not have believed it.

27-Oct-23
Unfortunately not, Marvin.

28-Oct-23
I dont know how much we have gotten today but there is a little runoff. We have had somw pretty heavy downpours. Also saw the first flocks of snow geese going out to feed this am.

28-Oct-23

be still's embedded Photo
North Bosque down here got out of its banks. It needed a good flushing cause it’s been a little while.

30-Oct-23
James. How much did you guys end up with out of that whole thing?

31-Oct-23
https://kansasreflector.com/2023/10/30/southeast-kansas-town-is-almost-out-of-water-and-signs-of-crisis-are-everywhere/

31-Oct-23
We ended up with right at 2”over 5 days. Drop in the bucket, but we’ll gladly take it.

01-Nov-23
Neosho river in parsons hasn't topped 50cfs in the last 2 weeks. All that runoff must have stayed in Redmond. Caney is in need of water in a bad way, the city asked us to close off public bathrooms, and use bottled water for coffee in the mornings.

01-Dec-23
Well James. How is it looking out your way? It's a soggy mess around Pratt.

01-Dec-23

sitO's embedded Photo
sitO's embedded Photo
Encouraged to see the moisture that fell around Howard/Sedan!

• Sitka Gear