Toonces 24-Oct-23
Blood 24-Oct-23
Toonces 24-Oct-23
Coondog 24-Oct-23
Toonces 24-Oct-23
Blood 24-Oct-23
Toonces 25-Oct-23
24-Oct-23
Any of you bow gurus know any tricks to prevent this from happening short of taking it to a bow shop? If I preadjust prior to the draw it fine for one shot, but after shooting it twists and needs to be adjusted again. I don't have a vise.

24-Oct-23

Blood's embedded Photo
Blood's embedded Photo
Without a press, you only have a few options. Do you have a string suppressor over it? If you do, you can slide it up or down and your peep will rotate. It will fix it for a little bit.

Or you can get crazy and draw your bow a tiny bit back and have someone put a screwdriver in your cam and wedge it on your limb. So when you let up pressure, your bow string will go limp….it won’t be able to turn your cam with the screwdriver in there. Take your peep out and move it up/down one twist in the string. Then when you make your string tight, slide your peep up or down until it isn’t twisted and back into your position. There’s more to it than that, but it might help.

24-Oct-23
Thanks, I kind of figured my options were limited. A screwdriver in my cam is not something I want to mess around with. I will get it to the shop sometimes in between work, bowhunting and pheasant hunting, or just use it as is.

Not enough time in the week.

24-Oct-23
Get a good aftermarket set of string and cables. Then you won’t have to worry about string stretch causing prep twist.

24-Oct-23
It's an older bow. It's had the cables and strings replaced a bunch of times, including earlier this year.

24-Oct-23
All you do is put the screwdriver shaft through a hole in your cam. Then let it rest against your limb. Put a towel on the limb if you’re concerned about a scratch.

It’s like putting a stick in bicycle wheel with spokes. It works in a pinch.

25-Oct-23
Thanks, I got my back up bow shooting good enough with broadheads after a couple of rush sessions, so I am covered for the moment.

• Sitka Gear