Contributors to this thread:
Matte 02-Nov-23
Kansan 02-Nov-23
Catscratch 02-Nov-23
crestedbutte 02-Nov-23
Bwhnt 02-Nov-23
Quailhunter 02-Nov-23
02-Nov-23
Sad news from the Sandhills, a place that does not seem dangerous but can be.

Douglas “Kreston” Beohler

Missing from SW Kansas/SW Finney County, in the sand hills, since Saturday 10/21/23. Doug Beohler Age: 40. Height and weight: 5’9 180 lbs. Hair: dark brown with gray Clothing: unknown, but usually jeans and tee shirt that is solid red, black, or navy. Wearing tan work boots. Has not been heard from since getting stuck in the sand. His brother went to pick him up and got stuck as well, never making it to where Doug was stuck, and a kind farmer was able to get him out. When he tried to call Doug and let him know that he couldn’t make it, Doug’s phone was dead. He is not with the vehicle. It is believed that he took off on foot. Doug had called the Sheriffs department and they checked on him, but he told them his brother was coming to get him, so he didn’t need a ride or tow.? The Finney County Sheriff’s Office has since been to his last known location searching with drones.

Update: First off we would like to thank everyone for the outpouring of love and concern. With the help of the Finney County Sheriffs office, Grant County Sheriffs office, Kansas Highway Patrol, and many others special people, Douglas Kreston was located. Unfortunately it wasn’t the news we were wanting to hear. We were informed he had passed. Thank all of you for supporting us in this time of loss.

02-Nov-23
Tragic. Prayers for he and his family.

02-Nov-23
Dang. Prayers for the family and friends.

02-Nov-23
Strange…..got to be more to this story?

02-Nov-23
That's what I was wondering. What are the Sandhills like? Other than the obvious hills of sand.

02-Nov-23
I did some quail hunting at Beaver WMA in sandhills several years back. I noticed that especially on a cloudy day you could easily get disoriented after getting one or two sandhills away from the truck. I found it fairly difficult to tell which direction I was heading with nothing for reference.

• Sitka Gear