sitO 02-Nov-23
KB 03-Nov-23
Trebarker 03-Nov-23
Quailhunter 03-Nov-23
Ksgobbler 03-Nov-23
doubledrop 03-Nov-23
One Arrow 07-Nov-23
02-Nov-23
Any recommendations for a premade seasoning for jerky?

I usually use my own recipe, but I’d like to try something different.

02-Nov-23
My favorite is the "Hi mountain" jerky seasoning. 2 years ago my son picked up a box of the pepperoni flavor wanting to try it. I reluctantly let him get it. Hands down the best I have ever tried. But we do something a little different with ours. We mix up the meat and the seasonings like the directions say. Then we fill 1gal ziplocs with the meat. Each 1gal bag gets about 1.5-2cups of soy sauce in it. We refrigerate that for atleast 48hrs and rotate the bag every 12hrs before putting on the dehydrator

02-Nov-23
Hi Mountain is good, but if you haven't been to Waltons in Wichita(or their website) you should visit. "Everything but the meat"

03-Nov-23
Not a specific seasoning per se, but the best I’ve found is in the Meateater cookbook. “Queen Mother of All Jerkies” I believe they call it. If you don’t have the book I can post a pic of it when I’m home next week. The wife loves it and a bag of that will go twice as fast as other flavors I’ve done around the guys I work with.

03-Nov-23
We use and like the Original Seasoning made by Nesco, the maker of our dehydrator. I buy bulk orders of it every year.

03-Nov-23
LEM makes some good seasonings.

03-Nov-23
Waltons. Ive yet to get a bad seasoning from them.

03-Nov-23
I have several homemade versions and like all of those, but nothing has come close to what I found a few years back. A buddy turned me on to it and they have distributors spread around. It's called Smokin Gun and it comes out of Nebraska. Pricey, but probably not as bad when you break down the other ingredients I would go through for the other homemade versions.

07-Nov-23
Thanks for all the replies… I’ll give some of those a shot

• Sitka Gear