Corax_latrans 07-Nov-23
Mtman 08-Nov-23
Mtman 08-Nov-23
Coondog 08-Nov-23
Blood 08-Nov-23
Corax_latrans 09-Nov-23
Bowhuntbob 11-Nov-23
07-Nov-23
Anybody here ever have a bowstring let go while shooting at a deer , I had a nice 8 point at 30 yds broadside , let it fly and ended up with amiss and broken string, only 2 yrs old .just bad luck lol ??

07-Nov-23
Clean miss the arrow only went half way

07-Nov-23
No. Two years old….where did it break? I’m guessing under your d loop or at the cam.

07-Nov-23
“Let go” like it broke or it derailed?

07-Nov-23
Not while shooting at a deer, but I have had a string blow right under the nock at full draw, and another time one bundle let go in a 2-bundle Flemish Twist string…. It was unpleasant. Not nearly as startling as the complete failure….

Back in September, I (fortunately!!) noticed that I had lost a bundle due to BH contact and saved myself the drama.

A string is one of the weakest links in the system. I no longer ignore mine…

08-Nov-23
Broke I’ll definitely be more attentive in the future as to the condition of the string

08-Nov-23
Broke I’ll definitely be more attentive in the future as to the condition of the string

08-Nov-23
If I was a betting man, I’d bet that you nicked it with a broadhead by mistake while taking an arrow out of or putting one back in your quiver.

08-Nov-23
You have a pic of the string?

09-Nov-23
I’m gonna agree with the broadhead nick being the most likely cause…. I had on fail right at the nocking point, where I couldn’t appreciate how worn the string was, and the other appears to be due to a sharp spot in a string groove which was able to chew through the string under that high tension. The 3rd one, which I detected “early” was a clean cut… and the reason I am looking for a new type of quiver for broadhead applications….

11-Nov-23
What brand string?

• Sitka Gear