Thornton 19-Nov-23
drbonner 20-Nov-23
One Arrow 20-Nov-23
bentstick54 20-Nov-23
Kansan 21-Nov-23
Catscratch 21-Nov-23
Ksgobbler 21-Nov-23
17-Nov-23
When did they change the regs to where you are allowed to kill wild hogs if they are on your land? Thought that was a no-no

17-Nov-23
My understanding is, if you own the land, you can kill the hog.

17-Nov-23
Always thought that was against the law. Learn something every day. Just making sure for the future l. A guy killed 2 hogs well into Crawford County yesterday… within 3 miles of our land

17-Nov-23
Was it on his land?

17-Nov-23

bentstick54 's embedded Photo
bentstick54 's embedded Photo

18-Nov-23
Yep on his land, thanks bentstick

18-Nov-23
Kill all you can. Every sow you kill is about 40-50 piglets a year you stopped. They are hell on hayfields and cattle range. They’ll devastate crop fields. They are more than a nuisance, they are a problem

18-Nov-23
Read an article on-line on a Farming website that blamed hunters for bringing live wild hogs into the state from Oklahoma and Texas so they would have something to hunt.

Sounds to me like they had been listening to their local politician, who also happened to be involved in the commercial hunting industry outside his time at the Capital. They may not have been the ones who brought the hogs in, but they fully intended to make $$$$ off them selling hunts and hunting leases.

18-Nov-23
You don’t have to bring them in, they spread fast enough.

18-Nov-23
Hogs got into Western Ks via a stock trailer along with Diamond Back Rattlers by those that wanted to sell hunts, the snakes dang sure didn’t migrate

18-Nov-23
They say one of the first places people dump them out is on public cause they kbow they will have access to them. Remember when they were on Ft. Riley and Clinton WA?

19-Nov-23
It's been several years, but somehow hogs materialized 20 miles west of me in Elk county, think they come out of a trailer in the middle of the night. Wildlife & Parks managed to destroy them before they could spread. If you have ever seen the damage they can do, as a landowner, you sure don't want them!

19-Nov-23
I wouldn't mind a couple to hunt here and there. Everyone complains about hogs, but it's a lucrative business in Oklahoma and Texas. Fact is, Texas wouldn't know what to do without hogs. Farmers around here just lease to nonresidents to compensate losses to deer, and Texans do the same thing for hogs. The KDWP has failed miserably in wildlife management from pronghorn to mule deer, to elk, so I think its funny when they aerial gun hogs and pat their selves on the back like they actually did something. Maybe if they took that approach on coyotes, we'd have a huntable population of pronghorn on the herd they transplanted to the Flint Hills back in 1978 and then multiple attempts in following years. Stupid management of not killing coyotes and not monitoring landowners that shoot them illegally has led to their disappearance.

20-Nov-23
Jason the problem with that “lucrative business” is they breed faster than the outfitters can sell hunts.

20-Nov-23
You don’t get a couple here and there when it gets started. I say kill ‘em all in Texas and every other state as well

20-Nov-23
One Arrow x2. Sure as hell don’t want them here.

21-Nov-23
We have pockets of them here in Montgomery and Chautauqua counties. Fortunately they seemed to be contained, for now.

21-Nov-23
I want no part of them! Hell, turtlerats turn up the soil and destroy more habitat than I like. Every land owner that I've talked with (that has them) curses them like they are the devil. Plus they are very hard on ground nesting birds and I like chickens and quail too much to want hogs around.

I did get a trailcam pic of one a yr or two ago. Plus the mailman has seen some in the area. I sincerely hope they don't set root.

21-Nov-23
There has been a lone black hog caught on trail cameras from Hartford to Olpe to down by Madison.

• Sitka Gear