Keepitreal 27-Nov-23
Ziek 27-Nov-23
Jaquomo 28-Nov-23
Ziek 28-Nov-23
tradi-doerr 28-Nov-23
Ziek 28-Nov-23
Keepitreal 28-Nov-23
22-Nov-23
A good read: https://www.outdoorlife.com/conservation/colorado-mountain-lion-bobcat-hunting-ban/

22-Nov-23
A self proclaimed "lifelong hunter" had an editorial in the Sunday Denver Post rebutting the excellent essay from a woman lion hunter the week before. He basically said it wasn't really hunting and definitely not sporting since the hunter just walks up and shoot the cat out of a tree, nobody eats the meat because it isn't any good, so everyone should support this initiative.

This happened during the bear initiative and it really hurt our cause. Hopefully more won't come out of the woodwork.

24-Nov-23
Thankfully since the bear initiative, no one reads The Denver Post.

24-Nov-23
No one eats the meat? BULL

24-Nov-23
Mtn lion has been some of the best meat I’ve had..

24-Nov-23
The facts, common sense and science are on our side.

That was the case with bears and trapping as well. Being right isn't enough to defend against this.

27-Nov-23
Um... It is illegal to not harvest the lion meat, no different than a deer,elk,turkey or goose. This was mentioned in another thread.

Lion is some of the best wild game meat out there. A delicacy in our hunting culture for sure. This needs to be proclaimed to the ignorant. Both non-hunter and hunter alike. Where's the celebrities with all this?? I'm not one that's in the know, so I'm just asking.

27-Nov-23
I can tell you that even folks who should know better, like some guides, don't seem to know how good the meat is. When I killed my cat more than 20 years ago, they asked me how much meat I wanted to keep. When I said all of it, they told me OK but it's not worth eating. I took it all and discovered how wrong they were. We got about 50# of meat on my wife's cougar and have enjoyed every bit of it.

But we can talk about the truth here all we want without affecting the outcome of this petition. We NEED to get our message out more effectively than the antis get their lies out.

28-Nov-23
Not going to happen with all that California liberal money behind their campaign. They have the resources to outspend our side immensely, and the Colorado liberal media will be all over it too. They are already framing it as "trophy hunting".

28-Nov-23
So they have out of state money. What is P&Y doing to help? Can't we get a schedule somehow of where and when they will be collecting signatures and have bowhunters standing right there to calmly and respectfully refute their lies. Oh, I see the problem right there.

28-Nov-23
Ziek, I agree, but, they will be at the Zoo's heavily collecting signatures (accounts for 70%-80% of signatures), I/us were at Cheyenne Zoo & Denver Zoo trying to counter the wolf introduction bill, trying to explain all the cons of introduction, I/us were asked/told by both Zoo's to leave their property as we were creating tension with customers & petitioner's and it didn't fit the Zoo's stance on wildlife management. We have a very short time frame to try and counter this, the anti's have been planning/funding this for years. But some effort on our part is better than doing nothing at all, and preaching to the quire is pointless.

28-Nov-23
Well, we have truth in advertising laws for just about everything. What about a lawsuit invalidating the signatures on that basis?

28-Nov-23
If this passed. Is there any plan or suggestions by the anti's of how the cats will be managed? The cpw is already facing overpopulation in many areas. They figured out that making electronic calls legal for cat hunting wasn't effective enough. So they are taking that one back. Maybe in an effort to throw "them" a bone (pun intended). They allowed sale of lion licenses during elk rifle seasons in areas that had lion populations over objectives. Not sure if that really worked as illusive as the cats are. Very rare to see them in rifle range in daylight hours. I have, and it would be cool to shoot one during a rifle season but not near as intense as it is with hounds. There's no other hunt like a hound hunt. It's all about the dogs and the chase. The most expensive style of hunting there is. It has little to do with a trophy though unfortunately some of our own have made it seem that way via social media and that's what they are playing thier cards on. But it's not the truth.

We as hunters live a lifestyle like everyone does but it's one like no other. Almost like a secret society to those who know nothing. And if we say their lifestyle is wrong and they shouldn't be doing what they do then we are called racists, bigots, and haters. So what are they, when they say our lifestyle is wrong?

We have to convince those who don't really care or know about hunting that it isn't a barbaric activity or a prehistoric means of provision. But it is an extremely sophisticated way of life that is the healthiest way of life known to mankind both physically and mentally. You want to see real mental illness. Take away our right to hunt. Our right to be outdoors. The right be a part of the natural world that was given to humanity from the beginning of time. However it whenever you believe that time began. Lol, not to mention that hunters spend over 15 BILLION a year in this economy.

And CRWM that concept is free to use against all this propaganda. I won't sue ;)

• Sitka Gear