SILVERADO's embedded Photo
I took this beautiful buck with the gun the other day, no time with work to write up a post until now. I know its not a Bow kill but man, he was in range to be lol. I had no pics on my camera of this buck and he appeared like a ghost out of thin air, at about 175 yds out in front me, on the ridge. I watched him make a rub and then walk down the ridge towards a break in the wall about 125yds out. I yelled to get him to stop and of course he stops with his vitals blocked by a tree. He stands there surveying the area and looking for the sound of the noise, when he couldn’t figure it out he jumped the stone wall and continued on his way. I quickly grab my grunt call and gave him a few loud grunts as he is still over 100 yds out, he pauses and looks around and continued on his way. I think to myself wow that was an awesome encounter and I was happy I didn’t risk the shot before he jumped the wall as I only had the very back of his vitals showing and it wasn’t worth the risk. “Let him walk, hunt him another day.” well no sooner did I get those thoughts out of my head he reappears and is now on a beeline right at me and quickly closing the distance. he gets to another stone wall about 60 yds to my right and stares over the wall. I could probably drop him right now with my .30/.30 with as perfct neck shot as he is facing me and looking over the wall, but now I have options if he goes to the left or right. I give him a few moments and wait. He jumps over the wall and is now 45 yds. hes slightly angling to me, I raise the gun put the crosshairs on the point of the shoulder and squeezed. Down he went, he never even twitched. Hes a beautiful mature 5.5+ buck that I was extremely blessed to be able to harvest. It just goes to show, you never know what may happen or show up in the deer woods during the rut.

23-Nov-23
Nice looking buck. Congratulations.

23-Nov-23
Congrats Dave!! You have the deer for sure!

23-Nov-23
Congrats!

23-Nov-23
Beautiful buck and great story, congrats!

23-Nov-23
Good lookin’ buck.

Important reminder that even we “wise, old buck” types need to remember the basic safety precautions!!

23-Nov-23
Congratulations! Good shooting.

23-Nov-23
He's a dandy, congrats.

23-Nov-23
Thanks Guys! Corax? basic safety precautions as in?? Did I do something wrong in your eyes?

23-Nov-23
Sweet....it is amazing how they react or not during the rut

23-Nov-23
Sweet buck. You and your dad must use the same sideways phone. Lol.

23-Nov-23
OMG!! The fruit doesn't fall far from the tree.

Congratulations Silverado.

I'm packing up all my stands and moving to the Pignataro's!!

23-Nov-23
That's a beautiful buck

24-Nov-23
That's a nice buck Silverado.

24-Nov-23
thanks guys!

26-Nov-23
Congratulations, nice buck!

27-Nov-23
awesome buck. congrats

• Sitka Gear