Pete-pec 24-Feb-24
Tomas 26-Feb-24
MjF 27-Feb-24
Hoot 27-Feb-24
Pete-pec 09-Mar-24
MjF 09-Mar-24
Pete-pec 10-Mar-24
27-Nov-23
Does anyone know the rules here? Are they specific to each county? I'm looking specifically at using an Ebike on a Burnett Country gated trail and am not sure if it is legal or not?

Thank You!

27-Nov-23
I believe every county is different and most are very lenient until someone complains. Been using one for years now in Bayfield County with no complaints

27-Nov-23
Is there a specific model you would recommend and how do you get the deer out?

27-Nov-23
When I was looking into getting one, the restrictions many times were dependant on wattage. It was when you hit 1000 watts is where I saw the restrictions, and even that wasn't everywhere. Also, pedal assist is actually pedaling, so other restrictions were when people were caught not pedaling. Wisconsin overall is very lenient. Many states where the ebike popularity is much stronger, they had issue with the bikes. If a trail reads no motorized vehicles allowed, I'd call the local municipality and ask the question about electric power. Often times those signs are outdated, where the word "motor" was thought of as combustion, so they may allow an electric motor, and not a gasoline engine.

There are about three levels of bikes. Those under 2k, those under 4, and those where you truly get a more beefy bike. Some you pay for the name, but they are a great bike. Getting a deer out? Use your imagination. They do make carts, and some manufacturers provide carts specific to their brand. I would consider a couple things. Weight limit as well as hills. You can bike up smallish hills, but steep terrain will limit what you can actually climb. I love my bike. I have over 750 miles on it. I ride from my home to my hunting land. On the road I'm going around 25/28 mph, and off road around 20 mph. I'm at my stand without nearly the ground scent in minutes.

27-Nov-23

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
Lots of good e-bikes out there to choose from, what kind of money you want to spend? I do not have a trailer attachment so a deer cart would be the answer for me. I was product sponsored by QuietKat at one time, an awesome bike and cart but expensive. I own the Aventon Adventure awesome bike for the price and has saved me lots of leg time.

27-Nov-23
Great info. Not sure on the budget yet as I'm just starting to research it. Do you guys lock your bike to a tree with a chain once you have arrived at your destination and are going to leave the bike to hunt?

27-Nov-23
Lol, I hunt private, and there are times I drive it up to my tree. No, I never locked it. One thing to add if you do break down and get one, get yourself some FlatOut brand tire sealant. I filled both my 4 inch tires with 16 ounces each. It immediately seals a puncture (even large ones) if you happen to put a hole in your tube. Can you imagine pushing a bike home several miles because you got a flat? My bike is very similar to MJF's, and weighs around 80 pounds. I can fit mine in the back of my truck, but they are not lightweight, and take up a crazy amount of space. Yes, I'd lock the bike if I was on public. There is a locking device on the battery itself, and there's where a great deal of the cost lies.

27-Nov-23
Bigwoods I use a cable lock, you have to remember anyone that doesn’t know how to use a e-bike and where the push button on switch is (talking my bike) to power it up it’s super hard to pedal without the power on. I have a spare key hidden on the bike for the lock, lesson learned lol. I ended up with a flat for the first time this year and I was still able to ride it out, just had to lean back a bit, but it got me out without having to walk.

27-Nov-23
Mike, look up the videos on FlatOut sealant. There is a sportsman type made exactly for punctures. A 4 pack was like 60 bucks. That's 32 ounces X 4 bottles. Works for ATV's, lawn mowers, trailer tires etc. Well worth the insurance of not having to deal with a flat that's from a puncture like 1/4 inch in circumference or smaller. Multiflora rose, raspberry, goose berry, buckthorn, and any other miscellaneous stuff on a trail is enough to piss a guy off. This stuff literally seals almost instantly provided the tire is rotating long enough.

27-Nov-23
Thanks for the info, I should carry along some plus I do have a brand new lawn tractor tire that has a slow leak. Looks like a 2 pack is $37.00

27-Nov-23
Actually, you put it in the tire before you get a puncture, but yes, you can put it in a tire that has a flat, then fill it with air, and drive on it. Look up the YouTube videos. Pretty awesome insurance to have. It's not like fix a flat. It's more like prevent a flat. It lasts 10 years inside an inner tube without degradation.

27-Nov-23
Wow I’m definitely going to do that

27-Nov-23

TonyBear's embedded Photo
TonyBear's embedded Photo
My bike which I discussed on a previous forum cost me about 20 bucks , same for the converted child carrier cart. I used the e-Bikes when I went on a New Zealand vacation earlier this year. Fun to ride and pedal on the hills of those islands. Word of caution once the battery is dead are almost useless. Thus, my choice to use the traditional pedal bike. I camo it slightly and hide behind blowdowns, no issues with theft yet but usually I am about a mile in any way.

28-Nov-23
lets see now, xbow $2,000 bolts and heads $120.00, clothes $2,000 Boots $200 tree stands $800, Land 80 acres minimum $280,000 truck $70,000 camper or mobile home, $25,000 !! Divorse because of all this hunting stuff PRICELESS sorry guys, cant afford to go hunting anymore

28-Nov-23
I also have to add get your e-bike serviced & tuned every year, a good lubricant is a must, I use a dry lubricant because of the dusty roads and sandy trails.

04-Dec-23

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
I bought a "cheap" ebike this year and so far I'm loving it. I also built a rack on the back to carry my bow and I built a hitch to pull my deer cart. In addition to using it for hunting it's great for checking trail cams on my property. It cut my time way down and I don't leave any ground scent.

04-Dec-23
Yup they are fun

06-Dec-23
I used to ride my mountain bike into areas, always worried about crashing with my bow strapped onto the bike. I took and old case and put backpack straps on it and carried it that way. Do those E-bikes have enough power to pull a deer out?

06-Dec-23
Power to pull a deer out? Flat and level surface maybe, but I bet it could be walked out with the bike, pressing the throttle as you walk along with the bike, still much easier than dragging.

06-Dec-23
I would think the bike would just stand on end trying to pull a deer without the riders weight on the bike.

06-Dec-23

Knifeman's embedded Photo
Live2hunt yep. Loaded him up and got him out by myself no problem with the deer cart.

06-Dec-23

06-Dec-23
Interesting.

24-Feb-24

MjF's Link
OMG lol I forgot all about this video.

24-Feb-24
I've watched that video before Mike. You don't own a Quiet Cat now do you? Are you running a Haoqi?

24-Feb-24

MjF's embedded Photo
MjF's embedded Photo
No Quiet Cat anymore. Riding a Aventon Adventure, just as good as the Quiet Cat but thousands cheaper.

24-Feb-24
Pete-pec, I'm running the $1400 Haoqi Black Leopard and so far it works great with no major problems. The chain falls off the front sprocket easily when I back it up but it's not a big deal to reach down and put it back on. Also the fenders and fender brackets are pretty chincy but I think I'm going to remove them. So far it's been a great tool and I'm happy with my purchase.

24-Feb-24
Mike, I run a Bee-Cool. Same thing honestly. That price range makes them all pretty comparable. Almost 1000 miles on mine after a couple years use.

26-Feb-24
Bigwoods was asking about locking your bike up? I had a bike stolen 20 years ago while doing some scouting, so I lock my E-bike up, everytime!

Bikes that work with pedal assist are e-bikes those with a throttle are electric mopeds. I was told this by a bike dealer, so in years to come there could be some restrictions.

27-Feb-24
Nothing mentioned about throttles. Electric bike vs moped riding experience: An electric bicycle will give you an experience that is similar to the one offered by a standard bike with far less fatigue, while a moped is more similar to a motor bike and is subject to laws equivalent to those of an automobile. Electric bike vs moped accessibility: Because an electric bicycle is considered to be much like a standard bike, riders will be able to enter most parks and motor-restricted areas, and they can also be used to travel within a city, around town, or to do some off-road traveling on bike lanes or off bike lanes; electric mopeds are limited because they can only travel on regular roads and can't be parked in bicycle parking spaces. Difference between electric bike and moped emissions: Ebikes are also a greener alternative to a gas powered moped because they do not contain greenhouse gases or harmful fumes. Electric bike vs moped maintenance: They both have normal maintenance costs associated with them, but each choice is a much cheaper option than a regular car, truck, or SUV. When comparing the e bike vs electric moped, ebikes also have much lower maintenance costs compared to electric mopeds. Moped vs electric bike market availability: There is a broader range of second-hand mopeds available on the market if you would prefer to find one that is more affordable. Difference between electric bike and moped operating licenses: Mopeds in the United States often require a license and registration, as well as some form of registration, whereas electric bicycles do not require a license, registration, or insurance in most states.

27-Feb-24
In Washburn County when I lived there. ATV's and UTV's were the only things legal on the trails. No dirt bikes, bicycles, horse riding etc. They really only enforced the dirt bikes.

09-Mar-24

09-Mar-24
Let me guess, you tried to post a picture

10-Mar-24

Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Pete-pec's embedded Photo
Man how painful that was Mike!

• Sitka Gear