drbonner 01-Dec-23
greg simon 01-Dec-23
crestedbutte 01-Dec-23
Kboy 02-Dec-23
Kansasclipper 02-Dec-23
crestedbutte 02-Dec-23
MichaelArnette 15-Dec-23
01-Dec-23
Two non resident archery permit holders (both filled buck tags this year) were told by a warden that it would be legal for them to fill their doe permits with a rifle during this gun season. This does not follow what I read in the published regulations. Has anyone here ever heard this?

01-Dec-23
I asked this same question to a warden a couple of years ago. Same answers your two guys got.

Edit. Not this current gun season. I asked about the January season. I asked about my resident archery permit. I was told I could use a rifle and kill a doe with it during the antlerless season. After reading your question again. I am talking about something different.

01-Dec-23
NR may say something different but I don't think so.Antlerless tag says any legal weapon.

01-Dec-23
My antlerless tag says any legal weapon. Either sex tag says archery only

01-Dec-23
I have a non resident archery tag. The any sex tag is archery only and good only in archery season. The antlerless tag says any legal weapon.

01-Dec-23

crestedbutte's embedded Photo
crestedbutte's embedded Photo
Not mine but here ya go!

02-Dec-23
Thanks for the clarification.

02-Dec-23
Crested so I assume your buck tag was good for 2 units, but the antlerless tag is good statewide?

02-Dec-23
Kansasclipper…yes that tag is good statewide except Unit 18….as it says that just above “County of Harvest.” Yes….the archery buck tag was good for only 2 units that touch each other.

As I said above….that tag wasn’t mine…as I am a resident. That was the tag of a non-res. friend of mine.

15-Dec-23
You can, depending on your area it may not be a good idea though. Some areas of Kansas deer populations have tanked other have plenty

• Sitka Gear